Angry Chinese woman cough on the Thai staff.

Yinn

I am really surprised why Thai airways couldn't even hire a bilingual staff who can speak Mandarin and Thai on their China flights. That would have eased communication.

After all, Thailand has the world's largest ethnic Chinese in the world at 9 million people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

After all, Thailand has the world's largest ethnic Chinese in the world at 9 million people.

the overwhelming majority of which don't speak any Chinese.

I have been seeing some videos of chinese people (said to be shot in China)....spitting

on elevator buttons and escalator grips in order to infect others. I took them to be fake

videos but after seeing the behaviour of this %#@# I have no doubt that these are among the most perverse people n the planet. What an awful human being.

That being said, 7 hours sitting on a plane is almost the duration of the flight....

• Like 1

Seven hour delays for departure are common in China, but on arrival not so much.

Thai Air staff on those routes speak some rudimentary Mandarin but not enough for an incident like that.

Chinese women will kick the most obnoxious Thai girl into the shade. Dragons, if annoyed, from the age of 28. It's a culture thing.

• Like 1

7 hours waiting to disembark...lets see, a casual 3 GT's per hour, with a assorted crunchy snacks.  Yeah, I'd definitely need a Fishemans Friend mint before hitting immigration

• Like 1

YOUTUBE is full of videos like that, of stubborn hard arrogant chinese woman

(mostly woman) fighting policeman and security who want to arrest them.

they are been educated to fight man even with violence, and propably most of them

are spoiled single child.

happaned to me once in china, when i went on long ride bus with a marked seat

ticket. i found in my place a middle aged woman who refused to give up.

i called the security and they tried to remove her by force, to no avail.

aventually i was given another seat, the seat of the security man, who gave

up traveling because of that dumb  china woman.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

YOUTUBE is full of videos like that, of stubborn hard arrogant chinese woman

(mostly woman) fighting policeman and security who want to arrest them.

they are been educated to fight man even with violence, and propably most of them

are spoiled single child.

There a different breed for sure! It was explained to me that they were that way as their only "God" was money! The cultural revolution wiped out any thoughts of an after life or even a belief system, the only point in time that matters is "now" so they do what they want, when they won't with no real fear of any consequences!

Like anywhere though, the majority are decent people i have to add!

According to the Sanook story, all aeroplanes landing at Shanghai's Pudong International Airport have to wait between 6-10 hours on the tarmac while they undergo some kind of sterilisation process, which is what happened to the plane in the story. After waiting seven hours the woman in the video lost it and coughed at one of the Thai staff to try to get them to open the door and a struggle ensued.
China started doing this on 06th March on all flights from what they deem as high risk countries eg Italy, S. Korea, Japan and Iran. This flight was from BKK so presumably Thailand is on the list too.
Wasn't aware China had started doing this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Good translation! Really, perfect.

TVF should give you the translation job. Really.

My Thai reading and translation skills are not good, however, I must have a magic

tablet as when I opened the link I had the choice to read it in Thai or English.

Maybe with my magic tablet, I too could become a translator, there may even be some

money in it ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CGW said:

There a different breed for sure! It was explained to me that they were that way as their only "God" was money! The cultural revolution wiped out any thoughts of an after life or even a belief system, the only point in time that matters is "now" so they do what they want, when they won't with no real fear of any consequences!

Like anywhere though, the majority are decent people i have to add!

During chinese new year, they greet each other by saying "gong shi fa cai", it literally means "let's attain greater wealth".

They LOVE money, and money is god to them.  

• Like 2

7 hours on the tarmac? Did sterilization include surgery?

I don't know how reliant the Chinese economy is on tourism, probably not much. However, that news item IMO would shrink it to near zero.

I think this news is hiding something to us. 
I speak Chinese, I lived in China for many years, and generally the Chineses have this kind of reactions when they are discriminated against. 
Perhaps, the news is fallacious. I wouldn't rule out an unsubtle attitude on the part of the Thai staff...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Here is a link to the 'Beijinger' - English expat news outlet - Good source of what is going on in Beijing - https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/2020/01/22/coronavirus-count-in-beijing

This is a very informative link. Thanks for posting.

Here's one section that really caught my attention:

Average Age of Those Killed by Covid-19 in Beijing: 79 Of the 8 deaths that have been attributed to Covid-19 Beijing so far, 7 have been over 70 years old and suffered from serious underlying diseases, Ditan Hospital VP Zhou Jianxin said yesterday. Amongst the illnesses suffered by the victims were hypertension, heart disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The overall average age of the deceased was 79. The age of the one victim under 70 was not given.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zhounan said:

I think this news is hiding something to us. 
I speak Chinese, I lived in China for many years, and generally the Chineses have this kind of reactions when they are discriminated against. 
Perhaps, the news is fallacious. I wouldn't rule out an unsubtle attitude on the part of the Thai staff...

So the rude aggressive Chinese was being discriminated against, must have missed that bit ????

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

I am really surprised why Thai airways couldn't even hire a bilingual staff who can speak Mandarin and Thai on their China flights. That would have eased communication.

BA has got the 'Mandarin is the 2nd language on the plane' down pat! 

13 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I have been seeing some videos of chinese people (said to be shot in China)....spitting

on elevator buttons and escalator grips in order to infect others. I took them to be fake

videos but after seeing the behaviour of this %#@# I have no doubt that these are among the most perverse people n the planet. What an awful human being.

There was a case reported in the Thai MOPH's daily COVID status report re an incident in China -- a Chinese guy was given a court death sentence a week ago for stabbing to death two government officials manning a quarantine checkpoint after they had stopped his car.... 

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3053082/death-sentence-fatal-stabbings-coronavirus-roadblock-china