Tesco agrees sale of businesses in Thailand, Malaysia for $10.6 billion to CP group

webfact

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I think your a bit confused about information available these things would show up even in Thailand. These are international trading standards. Just look at the financial pages of the bankok post. You will see that they talk about trading volumes too. So you denying that this info is available is a bit strange. Do you have actual experience in this field ? I am not saying that they can trace it staight back to who bought it. I am saying you can see from trading volume and so on if manipulation happens. 

Please tell me where I denied it ? For months and months you were saying you were an accountant , now you are claiming to be stock market expert.

do you honestly think of someone was doing it, they would do it in their personal name ? And in large quantities to get attention ? Do you honestly do not know that things like that are done in dummy company names from different locations with an even split 

• Like 1

Since CP owns the Makro the paths are full of pallets and boxes, the receipt is not in english anymore, only thai coffee is promoted, we have to stand in huge lines to get vegy priced, products are not priced at all, it's all getting worse since they own it.

Edited by fruitman
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2020 at 8:36 AM, Grumpy John said:

For the Thai people this is not a good thing.   Makro and Lotus against Big C and Tops is almost an oligopoly...or maybe it is if you dig into it.  My concern is collusion.  And denial of entry for a new player.  I've said before Thailand needs the ALDI chain to "keep the bust-rds honest...now more than ever! 

Barriers to entry and costs are likely high. Suspect that new (or low cost) competition unlikely.

Does anyone know what profit/loss Tesco made or declared on their SE Asian venture?

I first noticed Tesco/Lotus in 2000 when in southern Thailand. Never knew until then that they had any overseas investments/joint ventures. I don't care for Tesco/Lotus or Big C but do like the offering at Tops. Actually preferred Carrefour back in the day until Big C took over.

11 hours ago, fruitman said:

Since CP owns the Makro the paths are full of pallets and boxes, the receipt is not in english anymore, only thai coffee is promoted, we have to stand in huge lines to get vegy priced, products are not priced at all, it's all getting worse since they own it.

Without foreign oversight, the Thais will ruin it

• Like 2

A troll post has been removed.

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

16 hours ago, rickudon said:

Our 2 local tesco express stores are both within spitting distance of 7-11's. I guess we may see some consolidation and reduction in choice ........

There didn't get to be 10k 7's by being spread apart.