Samui Covid-19 Free

22 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

The news is official and the tracker is a private initiative that is not reliable. 

Latest I can find 

Update สถานการณ์ COVID-19 สุราษฏร์ธานี 23 มีนาคม 63 
พบผู้ป่วยโควิด จำนวน 9 ราย 
อำเภอเมือง 4 ราย
อ.เวียงสระ 2 ราย
อ.กาญจนดิษฐ์ 1 ราย
อ.เกาะพะงัน 1 ราย
รักษาตัวที่โรงพยาบาล จำนวน 8 ราย กลับบ้าน 1 ราย

Just checked on coronavirus spread:

Airborne up to three hours, whilst a normal influenza virus can stay airborne up to one hours.

Virus can live on cardboard up to 24 hours, and on stainless steel up to 72 hours.

The scientific article is not yet published, but available here...
MedRXIV "Aerosol and surface stability of HCoV-19 (SARS-CoV-2) compared to SARS-CoV-1".

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I would have thought it is going to spread pretty much everywhere in the country eventually.

And they pretty much guaranteed that that would happen when they let thousands of people take buses out of Bangkok to other parts of the country. Stupid, stupid, stupid. They should have canceled ALL outgoing buses. Once again, a day late and a dollar short with this incompetent government. They also let tens of thousands of people leave the country to return to Laos and Myanmar. Brilliant, just phukking brilliant. ????

26 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

And they pretty much guaranteed that that would happen when they let thousands of people take buses out of Bangkok to other parts of the country. Stupid, stupid, stupid. They should have canceled ALL outgoing buses. Once again, a day late and a dollar short with this incompetent government. They also let tens of thousands of people leave the country to return to Laos and Myanmar. Brilliant, just phukking brilliant. ????

They're not controlling the population, last weekend the beach here in Rayong was full of Bangkok registered vehicles and Thais were partying as usual as restaurants and resorts are open as normal because Rayong is not in lockdown. Will be the same thing next weekend if they don't clamp down as weather forecast is good. 

I came across an article dated yesterday 23 March, stating there are two new cases of COVID on Samui.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/covid-19-update-thailands-latest-cases-olympics-decision-in-four-weeks

Quote:  Koh Samui, in the southern province of Surat Thani, has announced 2 confirmed cases of the coronavirus. Other parts of Surat Thani province announced 5 new cases.

Anyone know if this is genuine? Or could it be a mix up regarding the two young guys last week under isolation?

37 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I came across an article dated yesterday 23 March, stating there are two new cases of COVID on Samui.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/covid-19-update-thailands-latest-cases-olympics-decision-in-four-weeks

Quote:  Koh Samui, in the southern province of Surat Thani, has announced 2 confirmed cases of the coronavirus. Other parts of Surat Thani province announced 5 new cases.

Anyone know if this is genuine? Or could it be a mix up regarding the two young guys last week under isolation?

Fake News , Not reported anywhere else .

https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en

• Like 1

9 hours ago, churchill said:

Fake News , Not reported anywhere else .

https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en

My wife had to go to the Nathon hospital for an appointment yesterday and she made it a point to ask her doctor if there was any virus on Samui yet and he told her that there wasn't. Not saying that I believe him, but we gotta hope that they can somehow manage to keep it away; screening the ferries, any incoming people, etc.

4 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

My wife had to go to the Nathon hospital for an appointment yesterday and she made it a point to ask her doctor if there was any virus on Samui yet and he told her that there wasn't. Not saying that I believe him, but we gotta hope that they can somehow manage to keep it away; screening the ferries, any incoming people, etc.

I heard a rumour that from 1st April Samui will be locked down. No flights in or out. Just a rumour, and in these times of fake news, who knows?

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I heard a rumour that from 1st April Samui will be locked down. No flights in or out. Just a rumour, and in these times of fake news, who knows?

I keep praying for them to do that. Learned today that ferry passengers are being checked on both ends of the trip, boarding and disembarking. Samui could get through this relatively unscathed if they'd just lock the island down.

Emergency Directive ... effective 26 May-30 April First Order .. under constant review.
Abstracted from Thai government broadcast
Summary points:

Existing provincial systems and restrictions remain.
Can be enhanced locally subject to Provincial Governor
No entering thailand with the exception of thai citizens, who need a fit to fly certificate
Internal flights unaffected but with additional screening
Goods in and out unaffected
No large gatherings
No fake news
Government officers to prepare eg registration of healthcare professionals, healthcare establishments etc
If situation worsens directives will be strengthened to be a direct order rather than a strong recommendation.

People should to stay at home especially people older than 70 or health issues, children less than 5 yrs unless for essential travel.
Travel to other provinces should not be undertaken unless important
Checks will be undertaken at provincial borders eg temperature check, reason for travel, social distancing, the phone monitoring application maybe required, id is essential.
Mask wearing mandatory
Quarantine for 14 days may be required if high temperature detected.
Necessary travel only is allowed
Factories, banks, atm, takeaway food outlets, dept stores open for food and essential products, pharmacies, hospitals, online delivery, factories all allowed
No curfew at this first order, but will review by 30 April.

Essentially existing situation with some additional travel restrictions within thailand, very restricted for travel into thailand itself, increased levels of checking.

The first Order will be reviewed and if the covid situation deteriorates further, more restrictive Orders will be introduced.

1st Case ????????

Ministry of Public Health confirm 1 case Covid -19 in samui hospitality MR.ERIC REMY FRANCOIS MAURIN (France passport )

Time line

Day 1 17/3/20 9.00 MR.ERIC REMY FRANCOIS MAURIN (France passport ) Arrive in thailand 17/3/20 by flight no AF0166 paris-bkk

2. 17/3/20 11.30 arrive to samui by bangkok airway flight PG963 seat 24C

3. 24/3/20 MR.ERIC REMY FRANCOIS MAURIN go to Bangkok hospital (samui) Found in case covid-19 and tranfer to Samui hospital and check confirm to Surathani Hospital

4. from investigated MR.ERIC has 1 wife 2 daughter he quarantine himself when he got fever by separated family to other house and he got fever temp 36.4 , 36.6 , 36.7 c degree

4.1 MRS.SANDRINE FLORENCE ASSEZ ( Wife ) MR.ERIC REMY FRANCOIS MAURIN (France passport ) arrive to samui 8/3/20 by bangkok airway flight PG952 malasia - samui

4.2 First daughter MS.AMMILIE ANNE CELESTE JEANNE MAURIN (France passport)

arrive in bangkok 2/1/20 by Flight AF0166 paris- bkk

studie at panyadee international school

4.3 Second daughter MS.CLEMENTINE ISAURA HONORINE MAURIN (France passport ) arrive to bkk at 10/8/19 by flight AF0166 studie at panyadee international school

by the way panyadee international school closed from 18/3/20

37 minutes ago, churchill said:

1st Case ????????

Ministry of Public Health confirm 1 case Covid -19 in samui hospitality MR.ERIC REMY FRANCOIS MAURIN (France passport )

Time line

Day 1 17/3/20 9.00 MR.ERIC REMY FRANCOIS MAURIN (France passport ) Arrive in thailand 17/3/20 by flight no AF0166 paris-bkk

3. 24/3/20 MR.ERIC REMY FRANCOIS MAURIN go to Bangkok hospital (samui) Found in case covid-19 and tranfer to Samui hospital and check confirm to Surathani Hospital

4. from investigated MR.ERIC has 1 wife 2 daughter he quarantine himself when he got fever by separated family to other house and he got fever temp 36.4 , 36.6 , 36.7 c degree

4.1 MRS.SANDRINE FLORENCE ASSEZ ( Wife ) MR.ERIC REMY FRANCOIS MAURIN (France passport ) arrive to samui 8/3/20 by bangkok airway flight PG952 malasia - samui

4.3 Second daughter MS.CLEMENTINE ISAURA HONORINE MAURIN (France passport ) arrive to bkk at 10/8/19 by flight AF0166 studie at panyadee international school

My GF just told me that there is a French sick in Samui ????

Point 4, how do you get fever with 36.4 , 36.6 , 36.7 c degree? Looks like normal temperature to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, churchill said:

1st Case ????????

Time line

That is filthy to be publishing theses peoples names. Are they publishing the names of all the Thai people Who are infested where they live. 

11 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

That is filthy to be publishing theses peoples names.

Why is that?

Are you of the opinion that they have done something wrong, something they should be ashamed of?

This is not the time to protect individuals privacy, one of them happened to bring a deadly virus to Samui and anybody who has been in contact with them should be made aware of that and get tested.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, lom said:

Are you of the opinion that they have done something wrong, something they should be ashamed of?

I'm not but a lot of people will be - in the USA people are being verbally bused in te street for LOOKING Chinese!

The Thai military who are in charge now are fixated of facemarks and foreigners which in the ;long run will do nobody any good.

Given the amount of ignorance that still surrounds Covid 19, there is every need to protect privacy or art least identity.

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lom said:

Why is that?

This is not the time to protect individuals privacy, one of them happened to bring a deadly virus to Samui and anybody who has been in contact with them should be made aware of that and get tested.

So it’s safe to say that when you get it you are going to put a sign up outside your home to let us know your are infected so we can keep away from you. 

6 hours ago, Swimfan said:

So it’s safe to say that when you get it you are going to put a sign up outside your home to let us know your are infected so we can keep away from you. 

The message my wife received yesterday (in Thai) even listed their address (house number included)...so that won't be necessary ????

16 hours ago, lom said:

Why is that?

So if or rather WHEN you contract the virus you are ready to be plastered all over te media?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Swimfan said:

That is filthy to be publishing theses peoples names. Are they publishing the names of all the Thai people Who are infested where they live. 

In Thai news it's pretty common to mention full names, and sometimes even address, whilst we expats might be used to the opposite from our home countries. It's only in the later years that faces are blurred on pictures; and body of a victim from an accident, the government asked about that to be done only a few years ago.

Had a visit today from authorities to my house house, wishing to check if any foreigners stayed here – must be apart from registered in House Book, as I was not considered a "foreigner" – the three officials wished to check for COVID-19.

23 hours ago, churchill said:

Another case .. I believe same family .

No, different family according to the msg my wife received yesterday...there are now two confirmed cases on Samui, both French, the second one had flown in from Philippines

another case

ติดตามถ่ายทอดสด
โรงพยาบาลเกาะสมุย แถลงมาตรการคุมเข้ม
ป้องกัน COVID-19 หลังพบผู้ป่วยรายที่ 3

เวลา 13.00 น. เป็นต้นไป
ได้ทาง เพจ : สวท.สมุย Live

Translated ..

Koh Samui Hospital Announcement of strict control measures
Prevent COVID-19 after finding the 3rd patient

91221914_3166029133432060_5558938414155300864_n.jpg

Edited by churchill
addition
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, churchill said:

another case

ติดตามถ่ายทอดสด
โรงพยาบาลเกาะสมุย แถลงมาตรการคุมเข้ม
ป้องกัน COVID-19 หลังพบผู้ป่วยรายที่ 3

เวลา 13.00 น. เป็นต้นไป
ได้ทาง เพจ : สวท.สมุย Live

Translated ..

Koh Samui Hospital Announcement of strict control measures
Prevent COVID-19 after finding the 3rd patient

91221914_3166029133432060_5558938414155300864_n.jpg

Thai community news is saying that it's a doctor, though they haven't said from which hospital, according to my wife.

• Thanks 1