Please help. Where to go for visa run not effected by Covid March 2020

48 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

A not to be mentioned news source has just reported that Thailand has 11 new cases and has labelled it a "cluster" kcuf.

It here in the news section.

Not visa related so the discussion can be continued there.

I'm not doing a visa run but for those that want come to HCMC, possibly for visa or border bounce. Here is report of first leg. Earlier today arrived DMK. They do temp check just as you enter passport control. BTW ghost town. 

Arrive Saigon. Regarding all the rubbish posted earlier by news readers...you firstly enter a queue where you hand in your tick box form (handed out on plane). Things like ...have you a fever etc. Then hand it in. That's it. 

Same as I did 3 weeks ago.

Monday arvo I will update my reentry to Thailand where some people relating need for AOT app etc etc. My bet all rubbish. Monday will tell. Mind you it's a shifting landscape.

Edited by DrJack54

On 3/13/2020 at 8:04 PM, DrJack54 said:

I'm not doing a visa run but for those that want come to HCMC, possibly for visa or border bounce. Here is report of first leg. Earlier today arrived DMK. They do temp check just as you enter passport control. BTW ghost town. 

Arrive Saigon. Regarding all the rubbish posted earlier by news readers...you firstly enter a queue where you hand in your tick box form (handed out on plane). Things like ...have you a fever etc. Then hand it in. That's it. 

Same as I did 3 weeks ago.

Monday arvo I will update my reentry to Thailand where some people relating need for AOT app etc etc. My bet all rubbish. Monday will tell. Mind you it's a shifting landscape.

It was reported today that VN has suspended all foreign nationals for VOA. I have a e-visa from the official government site, I am a US citizen but haven’t been out of Thailand in 5 months. I have a flight to Saigon on Tuesday in order do do a new visa at the Thai consulate.  Do you know if I’ll have an issue entering VN?

10 minutes ago, homemade514 said:

It was reported today that VN has suspended all foreign nationals for VOA. I have a e-visa from the official government site, I am a US citizen but haven’t been out of Thailand in 5 months. I have a flight to Saigon on Tuesday in order do do a new visa at the Thai consulate.  Do you know if I’ll have an issue entering VN?

I’m in the same situation (as are many others)... So please keep us all informed about how your travels go. Thanks in advance and good luck ????

7 hours ago, Snacks said:

I’m in the same situation (as are many others)... So please keep us all informed about how your travels go. Thanks in advance and good luck ????

All that was cancelled by Vietnam was visa exempt entries for several countries.

I'm Australian and along with many countries do not have the 15 day visa exempt option. On Friday at Saigon I obtained visa on arrival. Using that option you need to have "invitation letter". That is done online and takes couple of days.

Alternatively you can obtain eVisa. That's done online. Good option as you get a print out and go straight to passport control. Only available for single entry.

Personally I need multi 3 month hence need VOA option. Those options still available.

That info is of Friday 13.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
13 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

So if you want to do a visa-run to cambodia to get another 30 days,

is that still possible in this virus crisis?

Yes 

with fingers crossed; the very newly release news that USA has been added to the list of countries banned from entering Cambodia, is needing to refine whether it is simply the Passport holders as US citizens? or more about their actual recent travel histories?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

with fingers crossed; the very newly release news that USA has been added to the list of countries banned from entering Cambodia, is needing to refine whether it is simply the Passport holders as US citizens? or more about their actual recent travel histories?

It is not clear in the article about it. 

If they do like most others it will only be for those that have been there in the past 14 days or so.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, tifino said:

Yes, the reason I was asking this: traveling with a visa-run company to cambodia for another 30 days. You actually never cross into cambodia yourself (your passport will be brought to the cambodian side by staff).

But you wait in nomansland after thai customs.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

So if you want to do a visa-run to cambodia to get another 30 days,

is that still possible in this virus crisis?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1153446-cambodia-bans-entries-of-foreigners-from-italy-germany-spain-france-and-us-for-30-days/?tab=comments#comment-15161682

Yes, the reason I was asking this: traveling with a visa-run company to cambodia for another 30 days. You actually never cross into cambodia yourself (your passport will be brought to the cambodian side by staff).

But you wait in nomansland after thai customs.

BUT cambodia wont issue these people a voa...

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Thanks. Just wait and see how they're dealing with the visa-run companies with foreigners who haven't stayed in europe the last 6 months.

But I think it will only get worse for more countries in Europe.