I do not want to come back to Italy. Which visa ?

Just finished SETV in Kuala Lumpur, business as usual, only flight+hotel required (must book appointment online mandatory), visa done next day... On arrival in KL only need to fill in the questionnaire about countries visited last 14 days, didn't see them stopping Italians, Chinese, etc... Flights (from Phuket) cheap as chips, and Italians don't need visa for Malaysia (unlike Vietnam)... This would give you 90 days of stay (60+30) until everything hopefully ends.

• Like 1

could be good news but...

from Farnesina Italian Minister of Foreign Affair

03/11/2020
COVID-19. Update: Following the spread of COVID-19 (new coronavirus), the Malaysian Federal Authorities have imposed a ban on entry and transit in the country against Italian citizens as of Friday 13 March 2020. Exceptions are Italian citizens who they are permanent residents of Malaysia.........

against Italian citizen = passport holder

• Like 2

I flew back to uk early due to virus. No way would I stay in Thailand with my experiences of Thai hospitals and the cost if you need care. I don't think travel insurance will cover this so looking at a big expense possibly. Virus may be worse in UK but Thai figures are unreliable if you look at the spike in pneumonia cases correlated to start of this virus in Thailand.

I am relieved to be back in uk

Edited by twix38

If you want to be in Thailand (i do) during this crisis, i would not advise you to go outside. The world is in panick mode now (USA banning travel from Europe, lol), with immigration block, forced quarantine, flight canceled by airlines, etc. Not to mention you do not want to travel with crowd in confine airport/plane/bus/whatever.

Another option not mentionned here is Elite visa 5 years, 500K, but takes a few weeks (national country police check i guess make the delay). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, twix38 said:

I flew back to uk early due to virus. No way would I stay in Thailand with my experiences of Thai hospitals and the cost if you need care. I don't think travel insurance will cover this so looking at a big expense possibly. Virus may be worse in UK but Thai figures are unreliable if you look at the spike in pneumonia cases correlated to start of this virus in Thailand.

I am relieved to be back in uk

I think you make a big mistake go now UK winter time is the best for take Covid19. Thailand nobody know what happened but not have winter time and this help for sure, how, maybe only 50% or maybe more......

put 800 thousand thai baht in a bank account in your name in thailand, and apply for a Visa Or Non-Immigrant, you are over 50 years old you have a good pension that even exceeds 65 thousand thai baht per month, but you can also put together pension and money from a bank account, I have an Italian friend who has lived in Thailand for many years and he always has 800 thousand Thai baht in the bank, I have 400 thousand Thai baht in the bank but I am married to a Thai citizen, but getting married here is a puzzle, just if you are sure, if only you are together, and if it is not good, only better than badly accompanied (a lot and bad experience)

• Sad 1