I do not want to come back to Italy. Which visa ?

I am Italian 55 yo, retired, monthly income over 63000 THB, not thai married, no thai children, virusfree ????

-Entered in TH November 2019 with visa  ''No Imm. O''  
-Exit after 88 days to VN, 
-back to TH after one week and got Visa exemption till end of March.

How to stay in TH as long as possible to not come back to crazy Italy ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would not happen to him since has been here since before the outbreak started.

The restriction is only for people that are traveling from Italy now.

As long as you are a national, they will still ban or put under quarantine, read below.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2020/03/573741/covid-19-malaysia-bars-travellers-italy-iran-and-south-korea

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

From that article.

"The ban applies to those who came directly from the countries including other foreign nationals."

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/03/11/covid-19-incoming-travel-ban-for-iran-italy-south-korea-effective-friday-march-13

Here's another article from that country.

All Iranian, Italian and South Korean nationals will be barred from entering Malaysia following the Covid-19 outbreak in those respective countries, says Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba.

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Here's another article from that country.

No need for me to dig up one the contradicts it. Since you will try to find something else.

It is not hard to understand that they are not banning people according to only their nationality. The will not stop somebody from entering that have not been in their home country since the outbreak started. That is just common sense.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, these threads are out of control. Just fly to somewhere and obtain SETV. That gives you 60 day. Can extend at imm 30 days. I'm thinking you have not used your 2 border exempt entries per year at this stage. You can extend each one by 30 days. So easily 7 months.

My suggestion for your setv is Saigon.

You don't have issue.

Good suggestion. Shortish flights with a choice of carriers and the Embassy in Saigon isn't hard to deal with but the OP will need a visa for Vietnam.

Don't forget to complete the health declarations when entering Vietnam and re-entering Thailand.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Good suggestion. Shortish flights with a choice of carriers and the Embassy in Saigon isn't hard to deal with but the OP will need a visa for Vietnam.

Don't forget to complete the health declarations when entering Vietnam and re-entering Thailand.

Yesterday Thai stopped visa exempt from several European and UK. You can do online e-visa 25 USD. I need 3 month multiple so need visa on arrival. Simple process. The declaration is a tick box form.

On another thread I had reason to check flights. Right now AirAsia ~2040baht return. 

35 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Rastlin is right...get an agent and the more you pay the better the outcome.  Agents are like gods.

Under "normal" conditions that would not be my advice, under current conditions, get an agent for the first year, after that......................

• Like 1

thank you all for answers

about Vietnam : I had my only visa-run and exit VN just in time to see borders closed to all Italian citizen, regardless if you are long time out of Italy.  As reported by many, they issue the e-visa, get 25 $ and at arrival immigration stop you at the border and denied entry or you must stay 14 days quarantine
(news change fast in these days)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yesterday Thai stopped visa exempt from several European and UK. You can do online e-visa 25 USD. I need 3 month multiple so need visa on arrival. Simple process. The declaration is a tick box form.

On another thread I had reason to check flights. Right now AirAsia ~2040baht return. 

I did not see the UK on that list!

Visa exemptions will be canceled for South Korea, Italy and Hong Kong, Anupong said.

Just now, jacko45k said:

I did not see the UK on that list!

Visa exemptions will be canceled for South Korea, Italy and Hong Kong, Anupong said.

Big mistake in my post. Replace Thai with Vietnam. Whoops.

So...."Yesterday VIETNAM stopped visa exempt....."

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

As an example, a visa run to Vientiane could result in a denied visa application, and being unable to reenter Thailand visa exempt.

Hopefully nearby embassies and consulates will be a little lenient for issuing tourist visas for those from the restricted countries that have not been there since the outbreak started.

1 hour ago, mauroest said:

about Vietnam : I had my only visa-run and exit VN just in time to see borders closed to all Italian citizen, regardless if you are long time out of Italy.  As reported by many, they issue the e-visa, get 25 $ and at arrival immigration stop you at the border and denied entry or you must stay 14 days quarantine

I still think your best option is try to get a tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

I would think if you were issued a e-visa you would not be denied entry if flying into Vietnam from here.

The restrictions are only be applied to those traveling from Italy for those who had been there recently.

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I still think your best option is try to get a tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

I would think if you were issued a e-visa you would not be denied entry if flying into Vietnam from here.

The restrictions are only be applied to those traveling from Italy for those who had been there recently.

advice in Italian language from Farnesina- Minister of Foreign Affair   http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/country/VNM

03/11/2020
COVID-19. Update: Following the spread of COVID-19, the Vietnamese government has ordered that, from 11.59 pm local time on February 28, the mandatory quarantine measure is introduced for all those arriving from Italy, China, South Korea or from Iran or who have been (even only for transit) in these countries in the 14 days prior to arrival in Vietnam. Alternatively, arriving travelers will be able to re-board the first available flight, without leaving the airport transit area. Starting from 12.00 local time on March 2nd, visa exemption for stays up to 15 days is temporarily suspended for Italian citizens. Anyone wishing to enter the country must obtain a visa from Vietnamese diplomatic missions abroad. The possibility of using the e-visa portal for obtaining a visa has been suspended for residents in countries where COVID-19 important cases of infection have been recorded (Italy, China, South Korea, Iran). Visas and residence permits already granted continue to be valid and holders can therefore enter the country, provided they undergo the compulsory quarantine if they come from or transit from Italy in the 14 days prior to arrival in the country. Anyone entering the country must complete a specific health declaration.

46 minutes ago, mauroest said:

advice in Italian language from Farnesina- Minister of Foreign Affair   http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/country/VNM

03/11/2020
COVID-19. Update: Following the spread of COVID-19, the Vietnamese government has ordered that, from 11.59 pm local time on February 28, the mandatory quarantine measure is introduced for all those arriving from Italy, China, South Korea or from Iran or who have been (even only for transit) in these countries in the 14 days prior to arrival in Vietnam. Alternatively, arriving travelers will be able to re-board the first available flight, without leaving the airport transit area. Starting from 12.00 local time on March 2nd, visa exemption for stays up to 15 days is temporarily suspended for Italian citizens. Anyone wishing to enter the country must obtain a visa from Vietnamese diplomatic missions abroad. The possibility of using the e-visa portal for obtaining a visa has been suspended for residents in countries where COVID-19 important cases of infection have been recorded (Italy, China, South Korea, Iran). Visas and residence permits already granted continue to be valid and holders can therefore enter the country, provided they undergo the compulsory quarantine if they come from or transit from Italy in the 14 days prior to arrival in the country. Anyone entering the country must complete a specific health declaration.

It's not 100% clear about italian passport holders like you and me that have been in Thailand since before the outbreak and need to go out and go in back soon

(oh, this is related to vietnam only. my apologies)

Edited by ANDREW999

42 minutes ago, mauroest said:

Would you be considered a current resident of Italy since you have been here?

"The possibility of using the e-visa portal for obtaining a visa has been suspended for residents in countries where COVID-19 important cases of infection have been recorded (Italy, China, South Korea, Iran)."

You apparently also still have the option to apply a visa at the Vietnamese embassy or one of the consulates here.

FYI Mauro, i just received this email from the Italian embassy in Thailand:

"Buongiorno,

per estendre il visto turistico di altri 30 giorni, si potrà recare all'Ufficio Immigrazione thailandese con una dichiarazione consolare dell'Ambasciata per emergenza coronavirus. Ci dovrà trasmettere  a tal proposito una copia scansionata del passaporto (inclusa pagina con visto)."

Edit: Adding a translation of it to avoid reports of it not being in English.

"to extend the tourist visa for another 30 days, you can go to the Thai Immigration Office with  a consular declaration from the Embassy for coronavirus emergency. In this regard, you  must  send us   a scanned copy of your passport (including visa page). "

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

FYI Mauro, i just received this email from the Italian embassy in Thailand:

"Buongiorno,

per estendre il visto turistico di altri 30 giorni, si potrà recare all'Ufficio Immigrazione thailandese con una dichiarazione consolare dell'Ambasciata per emergenza coronavirus. Ci dovrà trasmettere  a tal proposito una copia scansionata del passaporto (inclusa pagina con visto)."

Thank you Andrew999. Just this morning I wrote to Ita Consulate too

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No need for me to dig up one the contradicts it. Since you will try to find something else.

It is not hard to understand that they are not banning people according to only their nationality. The will not stop somebody from entering that have not been in their home country since the outbreak started. That is just common sense.

Also, I think the "ban" if for visa waiver program which benefits Italians among others. Still possible to ask for proper Visa and I guess the Thai Embassy might ask for a medical certificate.