http://www.lohr-trade.com/foam

What do you guys think?

A- use the insulation

B- use the foam

C- don't be a .... and if you can't stand the heat get out of LOS ???? 55555555

TIA

:wai:

Edited by MJCM

Reading some more about it the PU-foam is the less favorite, what-if water comes through the roof tiles and you have the Pu-Foam installed, it will be a <deleted> to remove.

Anyone about the difference in R-Value between the 2?

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Polyurethane foam in a fire may break down to yield nasties such as hydrogen cyanide, insulation blanket IMO is much safer.

Thx never thought of the fire hazards

appreciated

They are two different things used for different affect.

The Spray foam on the roof tiles  is used to keep some of the heat out of the attic

The fiberglas insulation mats on the floor of the attic is used to keep the attic heat from entering the living space rooms. 

Roof tile spray foam will reduce heat radiation but will not eliminate it. It will still get hot in the attic and if you don't have, insulation on the floor of the attic (insulation between the ceiling of the room and the floor of the attic) your rooms will still get hot. 

Having both of them is the best , but if you are going to have only one of them , fiberglass insulation between the attic and living space is the nest option. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine had pu sprayed, a not so large roof area will cost you 50k. It will not be to the standard 50mm thickness they sell you and they cant....will not be prepared to check it.

Also reckons to seal you roof tiles at the same time, another false claim.

Check out some facts about it i think its not worth the risk.

For half the price you can have a sheet insulation board under the tiles or steel roof plus the stay cool on the ceilings.

That 150mm stay cool is actually the best product sold in Thailand at just under 350bt a roll (well it is at home pro sometimes)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Thx never thought of the fire hazards

appreciated

Its as broad as its long, unprotected steel starts to deform and collapse at 400degrees so my advice, in a fire just get out.....

unless you have a preference cyanide poisoning or 10 ton of steel on your head.

Edited by eyecatcher

13 hours ago, MJCM said:

Reading some more about it the PU-foam is the less favorite, what-if water comes through the roof tiles and you have the Pu-Foam installed, it will be a <deleted> to remove.

Anyone about the difference in R-Value between the 2?

That is not a problem. The PU foam is sometimes used to stabilise and waterproof a tiled roof and as it’s closed cell it itself is waterproof.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

A friend of mine had pu sprayed, a not so large roof area will cost you 50k. It will not be to the standard 50mm thickness they sell you and they cant....will not be prepared to check it.

It is easy to check and in my install it was checked frequently.

The cost for my install would have been 600 Baht per square meter at 50mm, we decided on 25mm