Government health minister: Watch out for "dirty farangs" spreading the virus in Thailand

webfact

Do the math...... we all spend maybe 500,000 baht a year, helping everyone.  In 5-years, that's 2.5 million baht to help this country....

but now we are DIRTY, DIRTY, DIRTY farangs..

555.   i'm sure nobody is strong enough to leave........maybe because you are too dirty for a plane.  555.  

• Haha 2

"Heil Hitler" this man is a shame for his culture.
I have never seen a fascist who may remain in office despite after such statements. Maybe there are more Nazis.
I just hope that this discriminatory statement spreads everywhere and the economy will totally collapses. This government deserves it.

Without the foreigners and all their inventions the would still sleep on the tree.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Instead of posting that on twitter, wouldnt it be better if he spent his time finding out whether the post was genuine and then posting about whether it was real or fake ?

I don't see any issue spending a minute of time telling people to chill until it's confirmed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Many Asian countries. Case in point: wet markets with meat rotting on the table in the open. Don't see many of those in 1st world.

If you did, it would be shut down by city, county, state, and federal health authorities in the US. The same way zoning laws prohibit neighborhoods zoned for single unit or multi-family housing from raising chickens or other farmyard animals in their backyards. Oh, what's that? I hear the rooster crowing two houses down in my suburban Bangkok village.

Edited by zydeco
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

I don't see any issue spending a minute of time telling people to chill until it's confirmed.

Maybe he could have spent that minute contacting the Minister to find out whether it was real or fake ?

Apparently Thailand does not need the Farang tourists anymore. Oops it looks like they are the only ones left in the country and who are still coming to the country.

This guy does like to bite the hand that feeds him and his country.

If I was not married here with children, I would vote with my feet.

• Thanks 1

He doesn’t care about the farangs, get them out with their damn democracy, his friend is the chinese, better to follow their lead and ditch this democratic voting stuff....have a meeting and just declare all voting off we are going to stay in power for the Thai people.

no need for farang ways anymore....

• Haha 1

Just now, sanemax said:

Maybe he could have spent that minute contacting the Minister to find out whether it was real or fake ?

I'm sure he would have if it were that simple. I doubt he has the bloke on speed dial.

If anyone else with a twitter account wants him to be forced to verify the account with a photo ID here's how:

ac.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2long said:

#1 Farang isn't one nationality, so comparing Farang to Chinese or Russians doesn't work.

#2 Don't you just love it when fellow members feel that they have to mention they're fluent in Thai! 

umm with these sorts of stories, it helps if you can actually read the comments. Most farang unfortunately can't speak let alone read Thai. I can, which is why I can verify that what he tweeted (if it was him...the verdict is still out on that one though it sure sounds like him) is actually as inflammatory as is claimed. Indeed it is.

• Sad 1

Except Europe is warming and with the randomness of entrance in Thailand a question I doubt many farang are coming here for holiday. It's the time they all return. But of course he wouldn't know that.

Most likely he took a gander at all the broke ass, skint af Chaing Mai farang and that was his racist deduction.

people from spraying others with germs. Funny how the utter lack of science in his brain doesn't disturb him. In fact Thais in general don't seem to be getting it. They wear the same mask for a week, hands all over it. Then take few other precautions.

Irony of course it started in China like nearly all modern influenza. Asians.

Edited by Number 6

2 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Guilty in the court of TVF ... I hope if I ever end up in court, non of "you lot" are on the jury! 

We are commenting on what he said .

We are not a Jury trying to find out whether hes guilty of a crime .

It may or may not be revealed  that he didnt say it (in the future)

That isnt the issue at the moment  though

STOP PRESS:

Thailand's Minister of Public Health and Deputy Prime Minister found to be suffering from a severe viral infection of the head that has turned his brain to mush and made him say stupid things. Doctors fear the new virus may have spread throughout the ranks of the Thai government.

3 minutes ago, dhind1 said:

Apparently Thailand does not need the Farang tourists anymore. Oops it looks like they are the only ones left in the country and who are still coming to the country.

This guy does like to bite the hand that feeds him and his country.

If I was not married here with children, I would vote with my feet.

Me too. It's about the only thing keeping me here. My children have multiple passports (Thai and western), so could leave with me tomorrow, but unfortunately, my wife can't, unless we head across the border to Laos or Cambodia where no visa is needed. Thais need to prove all sorts of things to get visas for western countries, and with so few flights out at the moment we'll probably all be forced to wait it out.