Government health minister: Watch out for "dirty farangs" spreading the virus in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

You must hang with classy people. I see them showering for 10 mins and brushing their teeth thoroughly. Washing hands. Super clean.

You are correct, Thais are super clean..............on their selves but try to watch 3 meters away from them what is happening

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I know a regular mask is doing nothing for a normal healthy person, other than it is a very small barrier for catching droplets if someone sick sneezes in your direction, but seeing us falangs beeing pointed out like this, I wonder if it's safer just to wear a mask when I'm in Bangkok next week to avoid getting into any discussions with the locals who takes his words for facts. 

Or can the normal Thai see through this smokescreen of fake news out there? 

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

He's doing such a great job for Thailand's tourism industry.

Just goes to show that his first little tantrum was not a one-off. Western countries only have a problem with Covid because they are actually testing for it and reporting the figures honestly.

And even if he was right that farangs are dirty...i see in BKK that 70-80% of the Thai don't wear a mouthmask at all, and before this week even less had one...they are not even for sale, all sold out.

Look at the airport, more than half doesn't wear a mouthmask...

Why he has to make such ridiculous remarks? He's only hurting the county and if this news starts to spread in the West they won't come for a holiday anymore, not in many years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

Is this a real account?

He removed some of his social media accounts recently for posting wrong information. I wonder if this is from a fake account as it just seems so absurd. 

If he has said this then it is utterly deplorable. Could you imagine a minister in a normal developed nation stating that all the Asians are the reason for the spread of this and should be avoided at all costs. It is almost Hitler esque. 

I would find it very hard to believe that a Minister of any country could come out with such ignorant madness - very surprised 

But ................. 

Maybe he just got sacked and this is his final official message 

Edited by smedly

1 hour ago, UbonThani said:

Brits dont shower. Hippies dont shower. He's 1/2 right.

Utter nonsense. You are generalizing. I know Americans, French and even asians who are rather 'lax' on their cleanliness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seriously?

Let's assume, the model Thai citizen gets exposed to the virus, which stays airborne for "30 minutes". Then he goes home and takes off the mask. Touching the outside of the mask, his face and not washing his face and his hands.

Unless it's a N95 mask, it's a waste of time, anyhow. 

Has he handed out N-95 masks? Thought so!

• Like 2