Pattaya: Thai criminal who once attacked Russian girlfriend continues life of crime

webfact

Pattaya: Thai criminal who once attacked Russian girlfriend continues life of crime

6pm2.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

Police in Pattaya announced the arrest of a 29 year old Thai man called Manat who was responsible for a string of burglaries over the last week. 

They also arrested a 60 year old man called Nippon for receiving stolen goods. 

Taken into evidence were 6 phones, a computer notebook, three remote control car keys and two bottles of wine.

Police had received reports of burglaries on March 5, 8 and 10 and after studying CCTV had a suspect in mind. 

Yesterday an informant tipped them off that the suspect was in Soi 7 off Beach Road.

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

Some of the stolen property had already been given to the man arrested for fencing. 

Two victims of the thefts identified their property at the police station and thanked the police for their prompt action, reported Siam Chon News.

The suspect claimed that he had no birth certificate and called himself Manat. Police discovered he was hiding the truth. 

In November 2014 he attacked his Russian girlfriend with a knife in a robbery. 

He came out of prison in 2019 and continued his life of crime. 

Source: Siamchon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-13
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

i need some explanation here! manat robbed his own girlfriend with a knife?

Edited by Pique Dard
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

Probably a Russian hooker that he claimed to be his girlfriend in order to minimize his sentence.

You can expect crime to go up here in the future as the easy money dries up.

Edited by Leaver

The suspect claimed that he had no birth certificate and called himself Manat.

Police with their intelligent BMW discovered he was hiding the truth. 

He came out of prison in 2019 and continued his life of crime.

But no Thai would call him a dirty <deleted>. I do. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Another Thai criminal genius,look at him lifting the laptop,unless it is a hidden camera there would be a small generally red light,but the dork looks in the other direction,who was the fence no doubt a relative.

Looks like a pinhole security camera.  Probably installed by boss to spy on employees to see if they are at work!

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Yesterday an informant tipped them off that the suspect was in Soi 7 off Beach Road.

'good job Pattaya police'.  Your sentence does not compute.  Good job & Pattaya police do not belong together ever.  He lived in the soi NEXT to the police station AKA the den of iniquity.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

Probably a Russian hooker that he claimed to be his girlfriend in order to minimize his sentence.

So attacking a girlfriend with a knife carries a lesser sentence than attacking a hooker?

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So attacking a girlfriend with a knife carries a lesser sentence than attacking a hooker?

I never meant it that way.

His mitigating circumstances, which would have been BS, is that she was his girlfriend, and she refused to handover either his money, or jointly owned money, to try to get a lesser sentence. 

The article is thin on details.  If he done 5 years for that robbery, maybe he stabbed her. 

• Confused 2

On 3/13/2020 at 2:19 PM, marko kok prong said:

Another Thai criminal genius,look at him lifting the laptop,unless it is a hidden camera there would be a small generally red light,but the dork looks in the other direction,who was the fence no doubt a relative.

And, just as generally, CCTV cameras don't have identifying red lights.

23 hours ago, Pique Dard said:
On 3/13/2020 at 11:43 AM, webfact said:

It could hardly be any clearer, it means that in November 2014 he attacked his Russian girlfriend with a knife in a robbery. 

16 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

For what?  Attacking his girlfriend?  How?  When? why? How long was he in prison?  What a shotty article.  

"In November 2014 he attacked his Russian girlfriend with a knife in a robbery. 

He came out of prison in 2019"

What's so "shotty" about the article that explains how, why and when and then gives a pretty good idea of how long hen was inside for?

On 3/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, Just Weird said:

Good for you, many don't.

They come on at night and the lenses glow red for the night vision i guess,also good as any potential miscreants can see them,they have an alarm function too but as i have a couple of cats that wander in i don't use it,thing would be going off half the night,very loud too.