Rumour About Air Testing

earlofwindermere

I usually don't like to talk about rumours on TV but I would like to know if anyone can verify one that I've been hearing today (mainly from other farang).

I've been hearing that the local authorities have disconnected/taken offline the stations that had been reporting high levels of pollution in Chiang Mai. This was done in order to give a better average of the pollution levels so that tourists wouldn't be scared away for Songkran.

Looking at the skies and Doi Suthep (or lack there of) for the past few days, I find it hard to believe that it's still around the 100 levels (for the PM-10) and am starting to think that this rumour may be true. Can anyone verify this or is it just another false rumour?

I usually don't like to talk about rumours on TV but I would like to know if anyone can verify one that I've been hearing today (mainly from other farang).

I've been hearing that the local authorities have disconnected/taken offline the stations that had been reporting high levels of pollution in Chiang Mai. This was done in order to give a better average of the pollution levels so that tourists wouldn't be scared away for Songkran.

Looking at the skies and Doi Suthep (or lack there of) for the past few days, I find it hard to believe that it's still around the 100 levels (for the PM-10) and am starting to think that this rumour may be true. Can anyone verify this or is it just another false rumour?

if you go to the monitoring site

http://www.pcd.go.th/AirQuality/Regional/Default.cfm

you will notice the Uparaj Collage (Chiangmai 36T)

does not show PM-10 data now and that was usually a bigger number than the other CM monitoring.

The CM numbers seem to be changing and updated. Perhaps the other one has been disconnected or maybe just broken. It does seem funny the other parameters are being updated but not PM-10

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie