Motorcyclist killed as he hits back of parked truck

webfact

Motorcyclist killed as he hits back of parked truck

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1584077468_1-org.jpg

Police survey the scene of the fatal crash. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A teenage motorcyclist died when he crashed into the back of a parked trailer earlier today (Mar 13), police have confirmed.

The incident occurred around 2am this morning on a dimly lit, three-lane section of Thep Krasattri Rd near Soi Ko Kaewi 7, Moo 2.

Capt Chatree Wetrangsri of Phuket Town Police Station was called to the scene around 2:30am and was joined by officers from Phuket Mission Hospital and Kusoldharm rescue workers.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/motorcyclist-killed-as-he-hits-back-of-parked-truck-75261.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-13

Video on YouTube showed a motorcyclist driving what appears to be as fast and loud as possible around a curve at night...moments later a large SUV was seen coming from the opposite direction with a motorcycle embedded in its grill...

Can't be too careful...day or night!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, docspinoff said:

Probably right. But put out his own head lights now. Would be nice to get full stories. Probably no helmet or liecence as well. Luckily on one on the bike. 

Try reading the link then you could correct your inaccurate post.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And I thought that only the moving veichles was dangerous. Now parked trucks are killing people too.

So this was the truck driver's fault, was it?  There was another vehicle, the only moving one, in fact, involved here.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, xylophone said:

He was wearing a helmet by all accounts, but at high speed against metal, it didn't help him.

Where did it say that he was riding "at high speed"?  Face first into the back of a stationary steel truck would kill most people regardless of speed.

Not to make light of this, but when driving a motorbike at high speeds, it is always advisable to avoid hitting parked vehicles, trees, walls, massive granite boulders, and the like. They tend to be somewhat of an impediment. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No report on whether or not the truck had is emergency 4 way flashers activated or if there were any tree branches placed to warn other road users of an obstacle ahead.

Whenever, day or night, and wherever I park my vehicle the 4-way flashers are turned on.  I get many locals pointing out that my flashers are on - mai pen rai!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You forgot utility poles, which have the ability to act as magnets to vehicles of all kinds.

The common denominator here would appear to be ‘...driving a motorbike at high speeds...’

maybe the answer is to drive motorbikes more slo........, on second thoughts why bother

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Chazar said:
17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So this was the truck driver's fault,

we  he  "may"  be  complicit depending on where he'd parked exactly,  but  w'ell  never  know, lets  face it  Thais are  not averse to parking dangerouslynsometimes, seemingly  oblivious in many cases Ive seen

If you're going to quote me, do not edit the comment to diametrically change it's meaning from a question to a statement.

I asked, "So this was the truck driver's fault, was it?", that was a question.  I did not state "So this was the truck driver's fault".

17 hours ago, Matzzon said:
17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So this was the truck driver's fault, was it?  There was another vehicle, the only moving one, in fact, involved here.

And you just turned off your irony detector, right?

You can never tell on this forum!

• Like 1

A post with altered/incomplete quotation has been reported and removed.

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

Just another example of parked trucks jumping out of nowhere and killing or injuring innocent people.  When are we going to start banning parked trucks and quit kowtowing to the parked truck industry? 

“The incident occurred around 2am this morning on a dimly lit, three-lane section of Thep Krasattri Rd near Soi Ko Kaewi 7, Moo 2.

Park anywhere.... no problems... what could possibly go wrong?... great decision making on display here, but nothing unusual, I suppose, as turning roadways into private parking spaces, regardless of other traffic requirements, is normal negligence here about.

• Thanks 1