Thailand warns of coronavirus danger of sharing drinks, cigarettes

webfact

They are living in la la land on BP expecting a post boom in tourism no. the thing is they will have a surge in virus before this happen no policies to protect no testing, every outbreak is attributed to someone coming in or left, no public information on gatherings and no leadership to manage.

Leaving in 10 days giving up my rented condo due a return but think things will get alot worse

• Like 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

"There was inappropriate behaviour, sharing drinks, cigarettes and not avoiding social activities after returning from an at-risk country," Sukhum said.

Three of the cases reported on Friday are connected to a confirmed patient who returned from South Korea and went out with friends and family, including the three, to an entertainment venue before being quarantined, he said.

Sheer stupidity, one day they'll wake up !

5 minutes ago, Pomrakuhn said:

So many bars still put out plates of salted peanuts for everyon

to dlp their fingers into.  That must be very dangerous !!

lovely little bowls of urine and fecal matter !!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand issued a new coronavirus warning to the party-going public

Several European countries have ordered all bars and restaurants nationwide to be closed for up to a month.

What you think we would see if Thailand issues a similar order?

24 minutes ago, Pomrakuhn said:

So many bars still put out plates of salted peanuts for everyon

to dlp their fingers into.  That must be very dangerous !!

When I go to big C I still see those refrigerated trays in the middle of the walk ways, with uncovered chicken and pork.

I really scratch my head when I see people loading up on it.

Yes the virus may be killed when it get cooked thoroughly, but in the meantime those trays are simple breeding places for the virus to which every customer comes into close contact.

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

Several European countries have ordered all bars and restaurants nationwide to be closed for up to a month.

A lot more people sitting outside 7-11 s drinking !

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

75, so if the numbers double every 6 days...it will be 150 on the 19th and 300 on the 25th....unless something unusual happens...like sharing fags...and drinks too?  How soon before Thailand joins the 1000+ club?

There are many eminent believers that that figure was achieved weeks ago, but we dare not try to create any loss of face coz that’s when the bullets fly

57 minutes ago, Susco said:

Many would starve to dead. 

19 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

I am worried about the Indians in Pattaya now, according to all of you on TV

they share drinks all the time.

The thai also share food often without using a serving spoon.

3 hours ago, Susco said:

When I go to big C I still see those refrigerated trays in the middle of the walk ways, with uncovered chicken and pork.

The temp and moisture there should provide perfect conditions for the corona. Better cook it very well and don't handle with bare hands. Which for anybody who has grown in a country that teaches basic hygiene should be obvious anyway.

3 hours ago, Susco said:

I really scratch my head when I see people loading up on it.

Yes the virus may be killed when it get cooked thoroughly, but in the meantime those trays are simple breeding places for the virus to which every customer comes into close contact.

Viruses don't breed until they get inside you. Bacteria does.

Night and day difference.

36 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Most people accept that my family and I are a bunch of baan noaks but we all get a plate each and each bowl of food comes with it's own serving spoon.

We've stopped going out to the beach restaurants, 4 weeks since.

Even when we did I ordered one dish for myself and that's what I ate. Don't touch anything else. When I got a comment like 'that looks nice' meaning here 'I would like some of it' I just say call the waitress and order one then.

Something like fried rice with whatever if there is any left I just stub out my cigarette in it.

No-one seems to want to share then.

40 minutes ago, overherebc said:

We've stopped going out to the beach restaurants, 4 weeks since.

Even when we did I ordered one dish for myself and that's what I ate. Don't touch anything else. When I got a comment like 'that looks nice' meaning here 'I would like some of it' I just say call the waitress and order one then.

Something like fried rice with whatever if there is any left I just stub out my cigarette in it.

No-one seems to want to share then.

Wow! I don't think that you have adjusted to life in Thailand very well. 555. It's the beauty of eating in Thailand. Everyone orders their favourite dish, they're all placed in the middle of the table and everyone shares. Stubbing your cigarette out in your leftover khao pad must make you really popular.

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:
2 hours ago, Thian said:

The thai also share food often without using a serving spoon.

Most people accept that my family and I are a bunch of baan noaks but we all get a plate each and each bowl of food comes with it's own serving spoon.

If you go to large karaoke restaurants in BKK where they have a lot of company parties you'll see that they don't serve food with serving spoons...

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Wow! I don't think that you have adjusted to life in Thailand very well. 555. It's the beauty of eating in Thailand. Everyone orders their favourite dish, they're all placed in the middle of the table and everyone shares. Stubbing your cigarette out in your leftover khao pad must make you really popular.

It's obvious you're confusing me with someone who likes dirty eating habits. ????????

I grew up in a family where you were not allowed to touch another persons plate or food at the table. Even in the in-laws house the maid puts the food on the table with serving spoons in each dish. No-one sticks their own knife fork or spoon into that dish.

56 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It's obvious you're confusing me with someone who likes dirty eating habits. ????????

I grew up in a family where you were not allowed to touch another persons plate or food at the table. Even in the in-laws house the maid puts the food on the table with serving spoons in each dish. No-one sticks their own knife fork or spoon into that dish.

Neither do they in Thailand in my experience. Each dish has it's own serving spoon, each person has their own plate and cutlrey. What's unhygenic about that? The dishes aren't yours they're for everyone to share. Also, it's common practice for me not to serve myself. My wife puts my food on my plate. Women's work.

I was brought up in a home where the meat was on each individual's plate, unless carved at the table, and the vegetables were served in tureens for everyone to help themselves to. Not that different really, just less choice of dishes on the table.

I think your problem is that you order a plate of food and expect it to be put in front of you. That's not how it works here all the food is communal, you get an empty plate and help yourself to small amounts of whatever communal food you fancy.

Edited by DannyCarlton

21 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Neither do they in Thailand in my experience. Each dish has it's own serving spoon, each person has their own plate and cutlrey. What's unhygenic about that? The dishes aren't yours they're for everyone to share. Also, it's common practice for me not to serve myself. My wife puts my food on my plate. Women's work.

I was brought up in a home where the meat was on each individual's plate, unless carved at the table, and the vegetables were served in tureens for everyone to help themselves to. Not that different really, just less choice of dishes on the table.

I think your problem is that you order a plate of food and expect it to be put in front of you. That's not how it works here all the food is communal, you get an empty plate and help yourself to small amounts of whatever communal food you fancy.

It all depends on the people you meet and their home standards.

Marry a farmers daughter who left school at 12 and she will still want to sit on the floor using only a spoon and talking mouthfulls from 4 or 5 dishes like the family does.

Obviously not saying you did but I have been to expat houses where the family is ever present and that's what they do. Everybody gets everybody's germs and viruses in one big hit.

Re' order a dish and have it put in front of me yes, that's how I do it. If anyone else touches it I place it in front of them and say 'that's yours now, enjoy' and I order another one.

Edited by overherebc

Let's go back to the very sad reality. 

Watching uk tv live now and uk has just reported another 10 deaths today. They listed the deaths and conditions. All were elderly and had undelying health problems, diabeties etc.

The very sad fact is that this virus is going to have a very serious effect on the older generation who are sick with all the problems that come with old age.

There is nothing that can be done about it, at this time.

It's all too late to stop it going all around the world.

I'm in the 'bracket' over 70, but, as far as I know no serious health problems.

It's a tough one to deal with and maybe, just maybe, herd immunity or/and a breakthrough with a vaccine will crack it, maybe not, I don't know.

Can families isolate their elderly parents for weeks and talk to them through the door or only by phonee. You can answer that one.

Rough times coming if you"re old and sick.

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

Viruses don't breed until they get inside you. Bacteria does.

Night and day difference.

I think he was referring to people coughing on the exposed meat in the tubs. Since the temp is something like 5-10 DegC, SARS-CoV-2 will survive a long time on the meats. Other places like buffets are also prime spots for getting it. You gotta cook everything until fully cooked and ought to be ok.

Which .. ah there's no escape. The cold storages, their door handles, the butchers going back and forth. Just cook the stuff. I'll do ribs tomorrow and if the bloody corona can survive 110 DegC for 10 hours at least I'll die happy with belly full of delish BBQ. Banzai!

Edited by DrTuner