Thailand warns of coronavirus danger of sharing drinks, cigarettes

webfact

5 hours ago, CGW said:

Lost me, can you explain? 

Bacteria multiply by splitting into 2 then each of those splits into 2 and so on.  2-4-8-16-32-64.

A virus needs a living breathing host. It attaches itself to the kind of live cell it needs then injects its DNA? into the cell using the cell to make copies of itself. This kills the cell and all the newly made viruses are released into your system to go around looking for more cells to do the same thing.

article-Growth-and-Multiplic-OXa.jpg

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Might be an idea to get serving spoons also instead of everyone diving into the pot with the spoon they are eating with

The way I've seen some shovel food into themselves I'm sure one of them would grab the serving spoon so they can get more into their fat faces in one go.

• Like 1

I dont know about you guys but Im not a rice lover but I also never liked the way it's left standing there all day being kept warm in this heat,

Can reheating rice cause food poisoning?

Yes, you can get food poisoning from eating reheated rice. It's not the reheating that causes the problem, but the way the rice has been stored before it's reheated.

How does reheated rice cause food poisoning?

Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning. The spores can survive when rice is cooked.

If rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores can grow into bacteria. These bacteria will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea.

The longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that the bacteria or toxins could make the rice unsafe to eat.

Tips on serving rice safely

Ideally, serve rice as soon as it has been cooked.

If that isn't possible, cool the rice as quickly as possible (ideally within 1 hour).

Keep rice in the fridge for no more than 1 day until reheating.

When you reheat any rice, always check the dish is steaming hot all the way through.

Do not reheat rice more than once.

Edited by ChipButty

21 hours ago, Susco said:

Several European countries have ordered all bars and restaurants nationwide to be closed for up to a month.

What you think we would see if Thailand issues a similar order?

Ho Chi Minh City, District 1, has issued a similar order effective 6:00 PM yesterday

45 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I dont know about you guys but Im not a rice lover but I also never liked the way it's left standing there all day being kept warm in this heat,

Can reheating rice cause food poisoning?

Yes, you can get food poisoning from eating reheated rice. It's not the reheating that causes the problem, but the way the rice has been stored before it's reheated.

How does reheated rice cause food poisoning?

Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning. The spores can survive when rice is cooked.

If rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores can grow into bacteria. These bacteria will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea.

The longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that the bacteria or toxins could make the rice unsafe to eat.

Tips on serving rice safely

Ideally, serve rice as soon as it has been cooked.

If that isn't possible, cool the rice as quickly as possible (ideally within 1 hour).

Keep rice in the fridge for no more than 1 day until reheating.

When you reheat any rice, always check the dish is steaming hot all the way through.

Do not reheat rice more than once.

Cook enough for one meal at a time is the easy way out. Any left throw to the chooks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Cook enough for one meal at a time is the easy way out. Any left throw to the chooks.

yeah I'll scoff it down over the next 24hrs, Cold. 

Mix in with some cold milk, and flood the rest with Yogurt...

( a sort of distracting the fledging bacteria, by having them do some wholesale welcome home greeting celebrations with their long lost oldies bacteria cousins in the Yogurt tub) ???? 

13 minutes ago, tifino said:

yeah I'll scoff it down over the next 24hrs, Cold. 

Mix in with some cold milk, and flood the rest with Yogurt...

( a sort of distracting the fledging bacteria, by having them do some wholesale welcome home greeting celebrations with their long lost oldies bacteria cousins in the Yogurt tub) ???? 

As long as you have your own private toilet that'll be OK 

????????????