Nice surprise at Jomtien Immigration

Im facing a very similar situation but in Hua Hin. In that i may well need to go and renew 1 year about 2/3 weeks earlier than the 45 day rule. Wondering if they will allow due CV19 whuch is geniuine as i may be forced to return home *before* im technically allowed to renew visa(earliest date April 13th)

i suppose the only way to really know is to go there and explain my predicament but evidence of other cases would be handy 

thanks

On 3/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, ivor bigun said:

I hear so often this ,but when i changed from retirement to marriage ,she was as nice as pie to me and the wife , she talked and smiled  all the time ,as i have said before i just sat and smiled ,let the wife talk 

She has been very polite to the wife when she and the daughter renewed their visas, but asked for documents that are not necessary, meaning a second trip.

But the time I went down with the daughter to renew her visa she was downright rude.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 7:02 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

I never was at this marriage desk, so maybe they are different to those I have to deal with. Any idea why that is so? To force you to an agent?

That was my impression. Why else make things up, and be rude when you come back with them, only to make up something else?

On 3/14/2020 at 7:00 PM, how241 said:

I have used many desks/areas.  I am on retirement visa.  Do the 90 day,  TM30.  Have gotten re-entry permits.  I have gotten address certified for my drivers license and bought a motorbike.  All good.  Never any problems  But I always come with many copies and try to bring what is needed. Talk nicely and smile is always good advise.  

So - not "change of visa type" or "family desk" then?  That explains it.  I had no trouble with Tourist, change-passport, or TM30, and not heard of problems for re-entry, 90-day, or addy-cert. 

As soon as I got married, the attitude changed in a flash.  Maybe they resent Issan ladies marrying us - raising their financial-status, w/o being born into a family with "connections," thus "deserving" a better life.  Most of the hate was directed at my wife - not me.  Imagine a film where the lady says, "Look here, you little ..." - like that.