Fights off at Rajadamnern after fan tests positive

snoop1130

Fights off at Rajadamnern after fan tests positive

By The Nation

800_2d47fe98dcac389.jpg

Rajadamnern Boxing Stadium in Bangkok is to be closed for 14 days after a fan posted on Facebook that he’d been confirmed as infected with the Covid-19 virus since attending a match there.

He warned other spectators at events held during the same period to see a doctor immediately in case he’d inadvertently passed on the virus.

Now being treated at hospital, he said he is a near-daily regular at boxing matches at both Rajadamnern and Lumpini stadiums.

He said he and several other fans tested positive for the disease after a visit to Lumpini Stadium.

Rajadamnern Stadium officials put out a statement:

“For the safety of boxing fans and people in the Thai boxing industry, the stadium announces it will be close from March 15 to 28 to monitor the situation and undertake a clean-up operation.

“Staff members have been asked to undergo a 14-day self-quarantine at home.”

The officials said they strictly adhere to Public Health Ministry precautions.

“We would like to ask people who travel overseas to at-risk locales to follow the government’s requirement of spending 14 days in quarantine so we can all overcome this situation together,” they said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384030

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-13

44 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“We would like to ask people who travel overseas to at-risk locales to follow the government’s requirement of spending 14 days in quarantine so we can all overcome this situation together,” they said.

another lame attempt at blaming foreigners again - do Thais take responsibility for anything ?

PS my face mask was ruined in the shower

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

sounds like the floodgates are breaking chaps

maybe time to hunker down for a bit

i stocked up two weeks ago. stayed in my house for 5 days so far. i may just ride around on my scooter tonight but not stop or come in contact with anyone.  everyone should be doing social distancing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

after a fan posted on Facebook that he’d been confirmed as infected with the Covid-19 virus since attending a match there.

well now we are starting to see what we should have seen three weeks ago.

social media posts about the virus.

On 3/13/2020 at 9:13 PM, NCC1701A said:

i stocked up two weeks ago. stayed in my house for 5 days so far. i may just ride around on my scooter tonight but not stop or come in contact with anyone.  everyone should be doing social distancing.

OMG! Sooo many ladies will be so disappointed!

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 8:05 PM, smedly said:

another lame attempt at blaming foreigners again - do Thais take responsibility for anything ?

PS my face mask was ruined in the shower

Not mentioning any foreigners there. Do you think Thai's don't travel? Bit paranoid?