It’s Worth The Fight

Brightly

Are people going to stay home for 6 months? Just not realistic. Or 12 months? Its going to be around a while.

Go out and just be careful. Take zinc and fast. Go for walks.

Make yourself stronger.

Someone sitting around in fear is making themselves weaker so if you go out in 6 mths and get it you are more likely to die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Are people going to stay home for 6 months? Just not realistic. Or 12 months? Its going to be around a while.

Go out and just be careful. Take zinc and fast. Go for walks.

Make yourself stronger.

Someone sitting around in fear is making themselves weaker so if you go out in 6 mths and get it you are more likely to die.

????

21 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Indeed.

OP: load of bollllox. This thing, in the great scheme of things, is so minuscule as to be irrelevant really. You, and most other folk focusing on media, are going way over the top as to treat it as the apocalypse.

Wash your hands all you want, isolate for 12 months etc, after which you'll get royally bitten on the bottom.

Going forward, most logical option would be for all to be exposed.

Hear Hear

You think this is a new thing ? Happens every year - Get Over It !

They said the same for Swine Flu, SARS, MERS ... Y2K ...

And what happened - SFA is what happened.

Some people get it and die - same same always

“We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.”
— Seneca

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Just got back from buying building materials...store was not crowded.  Then stopped by a new restaurant on the way home...half full...never saw a face mask...

This could be my last posting...????

I know the ones already who hope so!   ????

yes, can imagine the self preservation advantage in hiding behind your  Last Post!

- maybe the trick really is in the Walking backwards everywhere

1983164357_lastpost.gif.627fce25021a65ffe89b0fcd1db6a8b0.gif 

does this mean you could technically always be like upwind from a direct cough? 

• Haha 1

With the exception of medical masks, and antiseptics, hoarding has been at a minimum around Thailand. 

I'm just glad that the "hysteria" has inspired a bit of hygiene awareness.

Sure, there are still plenty of people who will not wash their hands, cover their coughs, or take up other hygienic practices.

But, I am thankful for those that have picked up some better habits.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
Oh, Lord, kumbaya (oh, Lord, kumbaya)

Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singin', Lord, kumbaya

Kumbaya

Well, that sure dates you bro!

6 hours ago, Brightly said:

It’s worth it to stay home if you’re over 60.  Even if you’re healthy, consider staying home, letting others shop, wiping down the packages when they arrive.

Hand washing, hand washing, hand washing... learn how to do it right... You think you know, but DO YOU??  Learn proper hand washing.

This virus is bad, but will likely pass.

Now is the time to stay at home, observe hand washing , don’t allow others in your home at this time, avoid going out, and essentially stay put.

Let the virus pass.

Will this save your life?

Maybe, hopefully so, but it will also save others.

Stay put, keep others out of your home.

Keep at home, contain contacts, and you will help save lives.

Remember a 1:10 bleach solution kills most stuff if you let it dry for at least 30 minutes.

Stay home, keep a modicum of clean, avoid contacts—and you will save lives.

This virus will pass.  But the time to stay diligent is now.

Why must we be assaulted with unwanted, simplistic life coaching?

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Just got back from buying building materials...store was not crowded.  Then stopped by a new restaurant on the way home...half full...never saw a face mask...

This could be my last posting...????

I know the ones already who hope so!   ????

half full...never saw a face mask...

that is because the WHO and public health representatives around the world state that wearing a face mask will have very effect in preventing infection from the virus, indeed wearing a face mask may give people  false sense of security. if you are infected a face mask may offer some reduction in infecting other people - but if you're infected you should be self isolating.

the consensus is as the OP stated; wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds and stay away from large gatherings of people, betond that it's up to everyone to do their own risk assessment and act appropriately.

12 hours ago, Brightly said:

Remember a 1:10 bleach solution kills most stuff if you let it dry for at least 30 minutes.

I just drank a 1:10 bleach solution, how do I let that dry? 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Indeed.

OP: load of bollllox. This thing, in the great scheme of things, is so minuscule as to be irrelevant really. You, and most other folk focusing on media, are going way over the top as to treat it as the apocalypse.

Wash your hands all you want, isolate for 12 months etc, after which you'll get royally bitten on the bottom.

Going forward, most logical option would be for all to be exposed with a little bit to fire the immune system.

Well said! Global panic my @rse. Global loss of perspective, more like, coupled with incompetent regimes' fear of getting sued. We should all be sneezing on lawyers and pollies.

Edited by spinner2020
corectid spelinge

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

These are real world figures, but will probably still be argued with by idiots unable to comprehend the risk and prefer to pull the wool over their own eyes and pass comments such as ‘Happens every year, get over it’ !!!!

I see - I can pull stats of the internet too. I can operate a calculator also.

One thing I do not do is call people who have a different opinion than I do Idiots.

11 hours ago, shdmn said:

I went and bought groceries today and somehow survived.  Never managed to find any toilet paper though.  I can always do it the Thai way and use my hands.  I am going to the gym next.  Pray for me!!!

????

Steal the toilet paper from the gym????

You can thank me later.