It’s Worth The Fight

Brightly

12 hours ago, shdmn said:

I went and bought groceries today and somehow survived.  Never managed to find any toilet paper though.  I can always do it the Thai way and use my hands.  I am going to the gym next.  Pray for me!!!

????

well I aint shaking hands with you thats for sure!

• Haha 1

Okay, this is my take. I am 71, so I am in the high risk group. Everything is a high freaking risk, especially driving here.

I am all about building my immune system, and have been for 40 years. Now I have this regimen:

I take Epicor, patented stuff raises T-Cell count in 2 hours

I take Colloidal Silver Spray -- kills bacteria and viruses on contact

I take HGH

I take a million other vitamins and herbs according to how I feel. I rarely get sick and when I do it is maybe for a couple of days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, machesta said:

Okay, this is my take. I am 71, so I am in the high risk group. Everything is a high freaking risk, especially driving here.

I am all about building my immune system, and have been for 40 years. Now I have this regimen:

I take HGH

I take a million other vitamins and herbs according to how I feel. I rarely get sick and when I do it is maybe for a couple of days

My Mum takes none of that, shes  92, ex girlfriends  Dad was  93  when he croaked,  still  puffing on a fag...........take  stuff  because of "how you feel"  ????

12 minutes ago, machesta said:

I take HGH

Why waste money on that rubbish? Silver is a con. Hgh is boosted by fasting.

Lots of pills is bad for you. Many people need zinc but too much stuff just waste of money.

Eat beef, seafood and fast.

• Like 1

It's more dangerous for me to stay home: most of the drivers in the eternal songkran traffic in my head are Thai, and, none of the traffic lights work. Half my synapses are torn-up by roving construction crews that leave my sidewalks potholed, and never return to finish the work.

I am often denied entry into waking consciousness because some obscure change in requirements invalidates my residency permit.

It's more dangerous .. in here !

~o:37;

p.s. derekwyoung: you left out throwing salt over your shoulder, and not walking under ladders.

There is a bit of paranoa creeping in above & whilst it is prudent to not go where crowds close together meet ( I have avoided using the skytrain for example) along with wearing a mask & using hand sanatizers whenever supplied when go shopping life goes on,

My local no shaking of hands or kissing at present but still go & have a coldee or two.

Self isolation,,, immediately if I thought for a minute I had contracted even a cold.

I'm over 60.  I'm still travelling around Thailand.  Last couple of weeks in Bangkok and Ayutthaya.  Staying in Cha-am for a week in a few days.

I want to enjoy life not live in fear locked up over nothing out of the norm.  Over my lifetime on average more than 1,000 people die from influenza complications each day.  I never let that affect me before.  I am actually much more in fear of something happening when I am driving to the locations.  Far more dangerous.  But I don't let that stop me either.

• Like 2

I just dont understand the fear. Are you afraid to die or afraid of the unknown.

Just reading the stories of different individuals who have been through it, the overall impression is...

you experience a tightening/shortage of breath, a fever but no where near as bad as typical flu and bronchitus, and you suffer for 3 days. Apparently waiting for 3 negative tests takes longer than the symptoms.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Indeed.

OP: load of bollllox. This thing, in the great scheme of things, is so minuscule as to be irrelevant really. You, and most other folk focusing on media, are going way over the top as to treat it as the apocalypse.

Wash your hands all you want, isolate for 12 months etc, after which you'll get royally bitten on the bottom.

Going forward, most logical option would be for all to be exposed with a little bit to fire the immune system.

Hopefully 'heard' immunity might come into play in some areas 

A doctor on UK tv said yesterday that eventually we will find a vaccine and a way of curing the COVID 19 virus ,,and it will pass ,,,, he then added that unfortunately we will never find a cure for human stupidity!!!!!!!    

Spot on methinks

A ridiculas post by an ill informed ignorant of the facts OP. I am 63 and am enjoying the nightlife in Pattaya with my Thai wife. If by any chance I get it then so be it. Far too much scaremongering. Wash your hands regular, use the hand gel outside nearly all the gogo's, use your intellegence and stay safe.

11 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am staying indoors because the pollution is beyond bad

I am not that worried about the virus

But still, not a good time to be a CM resident

where I am, it smells outside.
reminds me of the Kuwaiti oilfields burning,
but the haze in Northern Thailand is much denser.

15 hours ago, hmficc said:

Why must we be assaulted with unwanted, simplistic life coaching?

What's funny is that despite our extremely high percentage of schoolmarms and Chicken Littles on the forum, it's about the oddest place one could choose in which to dispense all that useless advice and warning. Everybody already has his mind made up about everything and nothing but pain will ever change it.

One notable omission in the OP's coaching was lack of any mention about strengthening the immune system.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-boost-your-immune-system

I assume that's because the mere mention of diet, exercise, decreased alcohol consumption, etc. would be considered so inflammatory here as to get the thread deleted.

Me, I keep my immune system in pretty good shape. I figure any risk of death by virus is infinitesimal compared to that of riding a motorbike. If anything does me in early, it'll be that.

Now I did order online from Tesco Lotus today, as I normally do sometimes out of convenience. Usually there are plenty of time slots available for order delivery, always one the next day if you order in the evening. Today all the slots were booked three days out and many during the rest of the week, too. Never seen the table so full.

The virus has been great for the online order business.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 5:09 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The current tactics involve spreading out and delaying the inevitable outbreak so that those suffering severe respiratory symptoms don’t overwhelm the health care facilities. 

Ultimately, just like Influenza, most people will contract Covid-19 at some point within the next couple of years, making best efforts to control the spread rate means health facilities are not overwhelmed at the same time. 

Additionally, if area’s are successful in delaying the spread of Covid-19 for a sufficient amount of time vaccinations can be issued and the impact of any subsequent outbreak is minimised. 

All tactics employed so far are not some much about preventing the spread, the aim seems to be ‘delaying’ the spread so that medical facilities are not overwhelmed and there is time to generate a vaccine. 

Of course, an additional facet of the Covid-19 outbreak is that is has significantly greater impact on those older than 60 yrs. The majority of those in positions of decision making power are older than 60 yrs (i.e. Politicians, CEO’s of major companies etc) - they are becoming very effective in ’shutting down’ the world once the true potential is being realised. 

Well said, Richard, but, you could have left off the last sentence. IMO, it's the bickering between the politicians that shut it down. I'm over 60 and think it's over-kill; although, I did cancel my March travel plans before the restricts to avoid extra contact.