Incorrect residence visa issued at Suvarnabhumi

I have a 3 month Non-Immigrant visa issued at Lak Si Immigration on 2nd January. On 17 January I went to Lak Si to get a re-entry permit for 1,000 baht since I needed to go to Nepal. I returned to Suvarnabhumi on 8 February where, unknown to me, immigration gave me a 30 day visitor visa instead of the large, rectangular NON-IMM re-entry permit. See pic. Three weeks ago I needed to leave Thailand again for two weeks and went to Lak Si for another 1,000 baht re-entry permit. There I was told that Immigration at Suvarnabhumi had given me the incorrect re-entry visa, a thirty day visitor visa, and i would need to change it to the NON-IMM rentry permit. This I did that morning and was then given a blue re-entry paper.

Yesterday I arrived back at Suvarnabhumi and appear to have, again, been given a thirty day visor visa. I went to another immigration official at the airport and queried if I had been given the correct visa. With my 0% Thai language skills and his 5% English skills, after a long discussion, he assured me that I had been given the correct re-entry visa for a three month NON-IMM Retirement visa. My understanding when I was at Lak Si was that on my return from overseas I had to get the large rectangular NON-IMM re-entry visa for my Retirement visa to remain valid. Can anyone look at the pic of the NON-IMM re-entry visa and let me know if this is indeed the visa I need everytime 600645284_NON-IMMreturnvisa.thumb.jpg.391a99c89af44779b6615895f9f3ea3d.jpgwhen returning?

I am going to Lak Si on Tuesday to extend my 3-month Immigrant visa for a year.

30-day visa.jpg

The stamps you posted above definitely are not for a 30-day visa exempt entry.

I am not 100% sure I understand what has happened, but this is what I believe. There is nothing wrong. I just think you are confused by the difference between re-entry permits and entry stamps. The general form of the entry stamps is the same regardless of the type of original visa, though the writing in ink over your stamp of "Non RE" indicates that you have been stamped back into Thailand on a Non Immigrant entry based on retirement..

You were issued a 90-day Non Immigrant entry on 2 January ending on 31 March. You subsequently twice received re-entry permits tied to that permission to stay which (correctly) also end on 31 March. Each time you entered, you received the regular entry stamp, again correctly giving the end date of 31 March. Your next step of applying for a one-year extension of this Non Immigrant permission to stay is normal. As long as you satisfy the requirements, your plans for Tuesday are absolutely fine.

• Like 1

Looks OK to me. The big stamps are the re-entry permits issued by domestic immigration or at the airport on the way out of the country. When you return you get the Permitted to Stay Stamp...it looks the same pretty much whether you come in on a re-entry permit, Visa waiver or Visa... there is a hand written annotation and the duration of stay will vary though. 

You came in on the 13 March, and stamped in until 31st of March, which matches the right hand Re-Entry Permit Valid Until date. It is marked as Non-Imm RE (Re-entry). 

• Like 1

The stamps you uploaded are incomplete; the original visa is missing. What you uploaded is:
1) two single re-entry permits with
1.1) issuance 17 January 2020 which you used upon returning on 8 February and

1.2) issuance 25 February 2020 which you used upon returning on 13 March 2020
1680482771_200117200225Re-EntryPermits.jpg.567930b42f4e419290ae1760a3996f22.jpg

Both re-entry permits allow(ed) you to stay until 31 March 2020 and, upon returning on 13 March 2020 you were stamped in and admitted until 31 March 2020:
73962435_200313Admissionuntil200331.jpg.3b359fa2c8e58cb044b730474aa4a35f.jpg 

Bottomline is, that you are presently good until 31 March 2020; either you extend your initial visa (which you did not scan) or leave on 31 March 2020 latest. 

Good luck! 

Thanks everyone. Immigration today extended my Retirement visa. The RENTRY-2 pic above. Immigration issued that at Lac Si when they acknowledged that I had been given the incorrect return visa at the airport and needed to leave the country without them cancelling the airport issued visa.