Are you staying in Thailand or going back home?

parafareno

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

Paranoia strikes deep Into your life it will creep It starts when you're always afraid Step out of line, the men come and take you away

Yea, avoid crowds, wash hands, other than that....do as you always do.

All fine in Phuket, swimming everyday at the beach with few people ( No Chinese, many Russians)

was at Central mall thrusday, 10% wearing masks, few tourists about, shelves fully stocked,
JungCeylon today,same , lunch at Fuji,  3 other tables at 12:30, Big c fully stocked few people

Thursday was a lifetime ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Had he not been heading toward a loss in November before, it is a near certainly now, with this severe bungling

No it isn't.

He has a load of financial assistance plans in his back pocket that he can use.

Trillions of dollars, tax cuts, buying treasuries bring mortgage rates to practically nothing, and many other options.

In the end, it will be all about the money.  Especially if the markets recover nicely, and they should, by November.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Having seen that tweet by Barrow linked by @NCC1701A I wonder if 'panic buying' has started in Thailand.

According to the PM he has asked that the population refrain from panic buying.....is it working? Just like the virus was 100% under control...people are creatures of habit and like ants will form lines just to get what they can to stockpile in case they are locked down.  The time to buy was weeks ago and not hoard but build up enough to last you a few weeks at home.  The only thing that one would lack would be fresh fruit and veggies.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

I live here, but work offshore abroad, and now laid off work until this is over. 

Not leaving Thailand until Im called back in for work. 

I am in Abu Dhabi now waiting to join off-shore, 2 month work, I hope I can get back home to Thailand in 2 month time.

Edited by guzzi850m2

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it is a huge mistake to compare covid19 to the "normal" flu.

please stop doing it. 

The virus's correct name is SARS-CoV-2.

"Covid-19 is not the flu. It’s worse.

It’s deadlier, more contagious, and more likely to severely disrupt our health care system."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/13/21176735/covid-19-coronavirus-worse-than-flu-comparison

I don't care what it's called. It doesn't matter. I am not changing around anything in my life because of it. I am in Bangkok. Still going to large malls nearby, still riding the train, still buying groceries.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I don't care what it's called. It doesn't matter. I am not changing around anything in my life because of it. I am in Bangkok. Still going to large malls nearby, still riding the train, still buying groceries.

Live life as you want until you can not anymore, hope your prepared for an eventual lock down and segregation, prepare but enjoy while doing it.   You may not be changing around anything in your life, but someone else will for you, you may not have the choice the way things are going all over the world at this point....its only a matter of time.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

What cover do you have? Which company?

My insurance doesn't cover pandemics - they are specifically excluded in the policy.

ACS Insurance

I confirmed with my broker a few weeks ago. I have asked again this afternoon if anything has changed and I am waiting for a reply. I read my policy. Nothing about pandemics.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Seriously, Im staying put was looking to go for 3 month holiday somewhere maybe around the Med Im worried not being able to get back here my wife would be ok, just think of the money I will save

Is that the same 'Med' that has that big, locked-down and epicenterish Italy stuck in the middle of it. Or lock-down, stay home Spain at the far end?

If you book a cruise, maybe you can do both?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tuktuktuk said:

Tomorrow we go BKK - NRT - DEN.  Not in the restricted group yet.

Have a safe flight. What are your plans regarding protecting fellow Americans from your possible Covid-19 exposure once you get back to Denver?

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i am going parabolic just like the virus.

and yes the girls are missing out.

and no more joking this is serious.

I liked you better when you were always talking about how much action you were getting...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

FB_IMG_1584253706715.jpg

And all these people trying to minimize the effects of COVID 19 vs the flu are ignoring the fact that the seasonal flu is globally endemic, while COVID 19 is not .....yet. If people like you, with the Ostrich Syndrome, buried their heads in the sand and allowed it to become so then the figures would become much worse. COVID-19 is more infectious, and with a mortality rate at least ten times that of normal flu. Imagine what your figures would look like then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

ACS Insurance

I confirmed with my broker a few weeks ago. I have asked again this afternoon if anything has changed and I am waiting for a reply. I read my policy. Nothing about pandemics.

Thanks, I will check them out.

9 hours ago, Airalee said:

Make the choice of where you want to be stranded.  My flights were cancelled but even if they weren’t, I’d prefer to be stranded here vs. back in the US.

And of course, its understandable human nature to try to remain positive about where you are actually located, but if you happened to be back in the U.S, would you possibly be arguing from the opposite perspective?

Some questions If things get bad in Thailand:

-will we get the same treatment (or even get treated) if there is large numbers of Thais lining up?

- will we be getting prosecuted/fined if people in our area fall ill and they blame us ?

-will the hospitals hold us to ransom and price gouge us?

-even travelling, you cannot rule out any weird over the top rules/laws being made

ie... getting thrown in some army quarantine containment with other sick people.. for just having a high temperature (wouldnt put ANYTHING past them)

It sounds to me like we are already getting fitted up as the fall-guy,

the "dirty foriegners" who brought in the disease. 

Of course, that is the little hint "accidently" dropped that will now fly like wildfire amongst Thais, since many Thais will be happy to conveniently believe its all the dirty farangs fault..again!

I wonder how many guys here got lectured by Thai girlfriends..??

"Now you must wear mask when out, dress nicely" etc etc 

??

When they first heard the ministers rant,

thinking that you wouldnt find out about the story??

555 that kind of says it all about where the loyalty lays

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

It seems that there might be something to the rumor that heat and Humidity inhibits it's transmision. If that is true then being in Thailand is a good thing as opposed to a colder country.

Heat doesn't appear to be helping Iran and moisture is a breeding ground for any type of bacteria or virus.

Edited by misterjames
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

The  f---in back of my  hands are tender to the touch ! I'm OCD'ing on this hand washing! My wife told her friend that our house is cleaner than a hospital.

What about sex tonight I asked , No she replied, I don't want to wipe down my body with alcohol ! Oh well! 

I got credit for 40k US on my disinfected credit cards if I get sick!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, misterjames said:

Heat doesn't appear to be helping Iran and moisture is a breeding ground for any type of bacteria or virus.

It is only early spring in Iran. Very different from constant 30+ degrees temperatures of Thailand.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What are your plans regarding protecting fellow Americans from your possible Covid-19 exposure once you get back to Denver?

Isolate at home. Try to get food deliveries. Probably have two weeks worth of this and that dry goods, freezer, etc. Nearest neighbors are half mile.