Are you staying in Thailand or going back home?

parafareno

I have a flight on 16th of april to Europe EU. I dont know if I will be able to return. What to do then if people will not be able to fly back?

I used bravofly.com to book my ticket.....and now my booking is even gone from their website...it is a big mess...

Edited by parafareno
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Seriously, Im staying put was looking to go for 3 month holiday somewhere maybe around the Med Im worried not being able to get back here my wife would be ok, just think of the money I will save

Same same  Red sea  bit of coral diving,then Benidorm...all on hold   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, I think it's going to get far worse too.

We've seen absolutely nothing yet and as Brits I'm expecting tomorrow for us to join the banned list of nationals because its out of control here in the UK....Apart from that we have to lock our borders at home as well

I have to return to the UK for medical reasons in June , but have currently nowhere to stay - I tend to only go back for about 48 hours and return usually, so it was never an issue before.

However, I fear I will not be let back into Thailand.

Currently I am planning with the wife what's the littlest she needs to survive with the baby and find some bed and breakfast for 6 months up north of UK until it gets less silly with Thai immigration who may come up with some new daft demand.

I am also talking to couriers to see if I can can some UK medication send here instead of returning, though hard as I cannot do paperwork from here.  

Problem will be if they closed the UK airports stranding people all over the world. I would hope that the UK government agree to return all people from abroad before closing an airport. 

I read today EVA air will be cutting back flight to Europe now due to demand, so there is another avenue closing for some of us

• Like 2

if you are over 60, living in Thailand you should starting thinking about what you are going to do when you get the virus. and don't say "go to the hospital."  

and they wont be allowed to board a plane to a home country for treatment. 

Will long term “tourists” with the virus report to immigration for extensions on medical grounds? 

Edited by twocatsmac

Well had a trip to Aus planned on 17 April, with a side trip to US for two weeks, then back here in July. US is cancelled, I've not decided what to do with 17 April but I reckon that will probably be taken out of my hands, flights will be cancelled, borders closed etc. To make today worse, the missus just received some notice on her phone, haven't translated it yet but she said, "you cannot go". Anyway have lots of rice, dog food, getting some more water storage will have to hunker down here

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, I think it's going to get far worse too.

The infection rates in Thailand will be nowhere near as high as Europe,the hot weather ,plus culture will keep it check,but agree europe will be wiped out.

Even if home is UK/eu still no medical help as such,just a bottle of oxygen

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1