Police to investigate alleged toddler mistreatment at Phuket nursery

webfact

Police to investigate alleged toddler mistreatment at Phuket nursery

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1584250312_1-org.jpg

Natthanan Phetmak, 18, filed a complaint at the Damrongdhama Centre, claiming police refused to investigate her case. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Wichit Police recorded a Phuket woman’s complaint regarding alleged abuse of her 15-month-old daughter at a local nursery. Yet it took the mother a visit to the Damrongdhama Centre (Ombudsman’s Office) to get the complaint registered by the police.

Teenage mother Natthanan Phetmak, 18, filed a complaint at the Damrongdhama Centre (Ombudsman’s office) at Phuket Provincial Hall last Thursday (Mar 12), saying her 15-month-old daughter was injured at a night-time nursery in Villa Suan Luang and Wichit Police refused to investigate the incident.

“My girl is just one year and three months old. First, on Mar 5, we picked her up from the nursery with a small wound on her nose which was not serious. On the next day, Mar 6, we sent her to the nursery as well. Then at 9pm the nursery staff called me to tell that my girl had been admitted to Phuket Provincial Hospital because some other kid at the nursery hit her,” Ms Natthanan said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-to-investigate-alleged-toddler-mistreatment-at-phuket-nursery-75283.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-16