Germany to introduce border controls as coronavirus cases jump

webfact

On 3/16/2020 at 5:34 AM, englishoak said:

So much for the Schengen Visa and the EU being one borderless family...... the game is over, the EU dream of all European Nations all harmoniously living as one with no borders is smashed to pieces... brought down by a virus.

Grim reality for all European citizens has arrived. By the time this is over the world is going to look and be very different. 

Pretty low to try and use the current deadly virus pandemic in defence of a Brexit agenda, but then this is what one has come to expect from the Brexit contingent.

Isn't the "Grim reality for all European citizens" pretty grim in the UK, with more deaths than Germany?

The reality is of course that the single market will help to supply all European citizens with food supplies, including the UK, which the EU has generously still considered as a member for this purpose.

I also read that the UK has one third of intensive care rooms of Germany, and is in desperate need of respirators. Perhaps the EU will be asked to supply some, since a Dutch and German company are among the top ten manufacturers of respirators in the world. You know, manufacturing, which the UK has now reduced to 20% of previous levels. 

Grim indeed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Pretty low to try and use the current deadly virus pandemic in defence of a Brexit agenda, but then this is what one has come to expect from the Brexit contingent.

Isn't the "Grim reality for all European citizens" pretty grim in the UK, with more deaths than Germany?

The reality is of course that the single market will help to supply all European citizens with food supplies, including the UK, which the EU has generously still considered as a member for this purpose.

I also read that the UK has one third of intensive care rooms of Germany, and is in desperate need of respirators. Perhaps the EU will be asked to supply some, since a Dutch and German company are among the top ten manufacturers of respirators in the world. You know, manufacturing, which the UK has now reduced to 20% of previous levels. 

Grim indeed.

I dont have an agenda, we already left. Just stating what has already occurred. 

Stop taking things personally lad, I hate the EU  and all it stands for not the nations in Europe, facts dont care about your feelings and nor do I. 

There are no European citizens (snip), there are only citizens of countries or nation and Europe/EU is not a country, a nation nor will ever be. Try using your "European" passport to cross a country border in Europe atm if you dont believe me. 

The rest of your post is about nations cooperating not the EU. Im fine with nations and we have defended many in Europe for hundreds of years, thanks for pointing out so clearly its nations that provide, produce and cooperate not the EU which when the shtf is mearly a flag with appointed useless bureaucrats.. ECB is going to need bailing out soon, just watch.

(Snip)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:23 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

The virus has already crossed the borders and is already wide spread in the population, it will remain a threat until it infects enough people to create herd immunity or a vaccine is found.

The vaccine is not yet even on the horizon, so the only means to defeat the virus is the growth of herd immunity.

Closing the borders is practically pointless but obviously has some political social message purposes.

Exactly right, there is no point to closing borders at all, since the virus is already  in each country. That's what Piot said.

It would appear that the EU closure of borders is highly permeable, with a large number of exceptions, commuters, truck drivers, and many more. Pretty much everyone except tourists are waved in.

• Like 1