Cov 19 visa issues

fir the first time in 15 years of being here part time i now need to consider a 30 day extension. What do I need to take with me to Jomtien to do it in one day? i have always used my 60 day limit on multiple tourist visa as an excuse to travel and so have spent 4 or 5 months here without doing an extension. 

Now if i decide to avoid the madhouse of NYC airports (staying here longer) i need this week to do an extension. 60 day after my last trip out runs out on 21 march. Is jomtien the madhouse i remember from years past when i had work visas or retirement visas? do I need anything to take with me?

Thanks for any help in this time of nutty governments.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A completed TM7 form. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card and 1900 baht for the fee.

so you are saying as a condo owner here i do not have to have the dreaded TM30? i was about to drive to Cambodia

12 minutes ago, northengr said:

so you are saying as a condo owner here i do not have to have the dreaded TM30?

If the want it. Complete it and attach a copy of your blue book for it or a copy of your channote to it.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If the want it. Complete it and attach a copy of your blue book for it or a copy of your channote to it.

Thank you so much for trying to help Joe, i was most pleased to see you there, but this whole TM30 thing throws me. I am only on a Multiple tourist visa and resent the whole paperwork thing. My understanding is that the TM30 was supposed to be done in November when i arrived or in January when i returned from Saigon, which is all pretty silly and redundant on the TM6. If they are going to hassle me, I would rather make the 4 hour drive to border

As a condo-owner TM30 is definitely applicable for you.  By thai law you are required to notify IO within 24 hours of arrival of a foreigner at the premisses.  So as a foreign condo-owner you need to report 'yourself'.

Failing to do so can result in the owner (you) being fined 2.000 THB per night / foreigner not reported.  Failing to do so can also result in the foreigner (you) to be denied the IO-service that needs the foreigner's address.

As UbonJoe already pointed out when you apply for the extension, it is possible that IO will want to see a TM30 on file of you staying at your condo.  Some IOs require it, some don't.  So to be on the safe side bring your house-book with you, so that when they require a TM30 that it can be done on the spot (and you will have to pay a fine of 800 THB to 1600 THB for not having been in compliance).

Since you only need to report by 21 March, there should normally also be sufficient time to register your condo on the IO TM30 website, and subsequently file a TM30 of yourself staying there.

>> I have PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to do that.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon when being logged in to the Forum.

Thank you Joe and Peter, its a good help and if that was how I go, Peter's details are a big help. 

For the benefit of the board or other members I would fill you in to what they told me at the front desk. I decided i had time to drive in and get it from their mouths. I was handed the usual (I assume) printed instructions and a form, when i asked if I needed a TM 30 she said something about proof of address  or registered address and i asked if a chanote would do and she said yes that would be adequate and no TM30 required. 

The form she gave me listed copies rental contract, house blue book, ID card of owner, business card and receipt from hotel or hotel certificate. Of course all these would let them look up if a TM30 is there, but the front desk clearly said it was not necessary.

Then i review the papers they gave me and it is a TM8 and my wife says the two page one says TM30 in Thai, but not english.  The TM8 says its for re-entry which does not seem the right form it says nothing about extension. 

Anyway i realised i need more than 30 days to match my wifes ticket and wish to stay longer so i would have to run to Cambodia anyway and better to do it now.  So Banpuggard Border Checkpoint here i come.

Sorry for the long windedness, just hoping someone gets some help here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, northengr said:

Anyway i realised i need more than 30 days to match my wifes ticket and wish to stay longer so i would have to run to Cambodia anyway and better to do it now.  So Banpuggard Border Checkpoint here i come.

Hi, Is your wife a thai national?
If so you can also apply for a 60-day extension at your local IO for reason to visit your wife.