Thailand must win the fight against Covid-19, says Prayut

webfact

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

There is no wu-flu. There is a SARS CoV-2  virus which results in a deadly illness called Covid 19. You think you are funny, but you are not.

There is free testing. Present with symptoms and be in a risk demographic and they will test. Do you not understand that there is a shortage of testing supplies, lab facilities and personnel? The priority is being given to probable infections. At this point, free testing will encourage unnecessary testing.  The priority now must be to prioritize  attention and to trace active cases.  Under current asset limitations, active infections will be given priority.

You are right. Make priorities!

5 hours ago, Creasy said:

How about free testing for the Wu-Flu ?

...the 'poo-yai' of each village in Thailand should be given the job of testing body temperatures ...right now..get moving...door to door.

Edited by tandor

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He added that Thailand would overcome the crisis via public cooperation, including cancelling plans to go abroad and practise self isolating for 14 days after returning from a high-risk area.

The problem with self isolating at home is the potential to infect family members who then go about their normal daily lives possibly infecting others!

20 minutes ago, Ian Nagle said:

How about telling Thais to be more hygenic when they cough or sneeze. The first observation i recorded regarding cultural differences here is when they cough or sneeze. Absolutly never use a tissue or hankichief, never cover their face and the volume level turned up to 11 when sneezing or coughing.  JUST NO IDEA 

Mrs insists that tissues and the like, are only for use on a nose dribble; when you have eaten one too hot chilli too much -

- because what then come out is 'clean' ????️????️ 

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I'm still absolutely unable to find facemasks or alcohol other than the initial amount I was able to scrounge up. Just asked yesterday at another ten pharmacy.

Conspiracy to sell (millions?) of TONS of facemasks (did I read that correctly???) to Communist China might be an issue. So too the death of Chinese in Huay Kwang related. Another huge amount reportedly bad masks, soiled sold to Chinese for 2m baht.

Western countries should really note this nation's alliegences and treat accordingly. Tariff on western food items is ridiculous. Virtually no western products in stores

Just have this horrible feeling it's gonna get ugly for us farang by govt edict. None of what comes out of it ever makes a bit of sense.

We know they are all Crooks at every level of Officialdom from the very top to the very bottom and they will unashamedly take advantage of their own people in any situation that arises.

As for Western Products in Thai Supermarkets; i have noticed over the last six months that there has been a steady reduction of 'International Foods' and in Tesco and Big C in particular they have both removed their special sections for these products in most stores to make way for more Chinese muck.  The one glimmer of hope i noticed last week is pots of Morrisons Peanut Butter in Big C, 30 Baht cheaper than the usual makes but i'm still looking for the other 156 products that were supposedly in the Morrisons deal !    Without doubt in my mind Makro is now the best 'Supermarket' that we have with the widest range of products and they constantly add new lines.  They are also the best stock controllers and keep up a mainly decent sized stock of most things, whereas the 'others' often have empty shelves as they seem to wait until something completely runs out before re-ordering...crazy.

5 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

We know they are all Crooks at every level of Officialdom from the very top to the very bottom and they will unashamedly take advantage of their own people in any situation that arises.

As for Western Products in Thai Supermarkets; i have noticed over the last six months that there has been a steady reduction of 'International Foods' and in Tesco and Big C in particular they have both removed their special sections for these products in most stores to make way for more Chinese muck.  The one glimmer of hope i noticed last week is pots of Morrisons Peanut Butter in Big C, 30 Baht cheaper than the usual makes but i'm still looking for the other 156 products that were supposedly in the Morrisons deal !    Without doubt in my mind Makro is now the best 'Supermarket' that we have with the widest range of products and they constantly add new lines.  They are also the best stock controllers and keep up a mainly decent sized stock of most things, whereas the 'others' often have empty shelves as they seem to wait until something completely runs out before re-ordering...crazy.

this could be an early hint, of what hasn't been brought up I think?

- the hidden from front line news, of the restrictions upon Ships, specifically  the Container/Freighter ships.

Need these ships to bring in just about everything. 

Everything, notably Medicines, which mostly come from? you guessed it - China! 

OZ news only started to pick this up during the past week; of Chinese crewed Container/Freighters coming in to Northern OZ - and the crews freely off loading and mingling freely unchecked in shops/malls etc 

Edited by tifino

2 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Why he is in uniform on the picture. I thought it was an elected prime minister who ruled the country not a general  maybe i didn't understand anything????

that shirt is getting too small for him, to flex enough to greet people with his elbows!

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

If they want to control it as much as possible then we need a lock down and restrictions on movement of people.

If they don't do this now they will need to do it later anyway but it will be much worse.

Right now it's a choice, later it will be a forced move due to failure. The choice is theirs.

They seem to have the same mindset as the UK medical advisers ,  slow to act for some reason , now what might that be ?  

He said people should believe the government could provide them with enough face masks and consumer goods and there was no need to panic.

Is that the same guy who told his folks to make too salty water hot and the salt would go away like the virus? 

The truth is that you'll have more salt in it. Init? 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tifino said:

Mrs insists that tissues and the like, are only for use on a nose dribble; when you have eaten one too hot chilli too much -

- because what then come out is 'clean' ????️????️ 

Exactly.. you just cannot tell them anything. It's ingrained in the DNA not to be able to listen and learn. Good Luck with the preventative measures is all i can say.

Jesus wept and then coughed everywhere!  F f s

• Haha 2

Their country, their decisions. That's how they see it anyway.

It used to be different but then things started getting hard. Thais don't deal with hardship well, they look around for a convenient scapegoat. It used to be foreigners and it's foreigners again.

Sad but true. But the wheel will turn and once again, foreigners will be regarded as honoured guests who bring a lot of useful things to the table. Of course the soldiers (and their sponsors) will have to be kicked out first - they have to be the top table and they regard any diminution of their importance as being not in the national interest. Since propaganda is less effective now than it used to be, the vanguard of 'taking back the country' will fall to the likes of Anutin and Thammanat. Briefly at least, until the wider population wakes up.

Continually trying to "mask" this issue when it has been said again and again by international health authorities that masks are NOT the way to prevent this virus should not be the message of people like the PM and Minister of Health.  People need to avoid large public events like boxing matches and entertainment venues where the majority of the recently infected contracted the virus, stay home.  If venturing out, only do so when necessary, and frequent hand-washing will do much more to slow the spread of the virus.

• Like 2

It would be good to have some confidence in their control of the situation, but to go on Thai Tv clearly state that they have provided face masks etc .....when for three weeks every pharmacy in my area has none available and this is a pattern nationwide.

So everyone watching Thai or Farang can see that he isnt aware of the real situation.... unlikely, or prefers to just lie to millions.