How some in the US react to this crisis

bkk6060

1 hour ago, saengd said:

Maybe it's because they are overly paranoid and that's what Americans do. I'm willing to bet a majority of them associate the virus with zombie apocalypse, far too much TV watching for their own good.

It's a fact that some Americans first point of reference seems to be something fictional. Just see the quotes on here as things unfold. I like 'Orwellian.' ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It has always been a constitutional right to own a gun.

You can legally keep it in your home for protection. There is a background check conducted before you can take possession.  It is not that strict however, unless you are a felon, or fall into other risk categories.

Depending on the state mostly for home protection only, but several have open carry OK laws.  Which means you can walk around your town with a gun on your side.   Some restrictions may apply.

These gun runs have happened before this century.

Mostly:

9/11

Obama elected

Now

People think there is a chance for panic and desperation and want to have a gun to protect their home and family.  Many people have and will lose their jobs and resources may get stretched.  The potential for a rise in criminal activity is possible.  And most bad guys/criminals have guns so the need for some to have one for peace of mind is there.

I had two guns when I lived there.  I actually enjoyed going to the gun range and shooting for sport.  Otherwise, kept them locked up in a gun safe.

To add, there are some crazies there of course.  Gun obsessed always thinking the world is coming to an end.

I'm not going to argue with you. Been there, done that with Nyezhov. IMO any society that enables crazies to kill their own children is deranged. Nothing was learned from Sandy Hook.

One of our Prime Ministers said a crisis brings out the best in Australians. Are you telling me a crisis brings out the worst in Americans?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

No argument.

Just trying to explain some info. about gun purchases, laws, and the possible reasons for it.

As far as your crisis question, no need to address it from me. I think your history of comments and feelings toward Americans pretty much answers the question for you.

Perhaps you should view my comments from the viewpoint it's preferable to have someone who gives you some unvarnished truth, instead of telling you what you want to hear.

BTW, I have had several American golfing friends. I still miss one of them, a credit to his country.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

maybe it is because they know what come next.

You probably have the usual nutballs screaming about a 2 week disruption in supply chain results in emptying of grocery shelves, five days without food results in starvation, results in madness! This kind of stuff spreads into the mind like a virus, and sticks there longer then covid-19. It's troubling. Social media fun fun fun!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Is that the play ground of the Inglewood boys ?

Remember, the neighborhood Butch has to go back to in "Pulp Fiction" to retrieve his watch? It looks a bit like that actually. Not saying it was filmed there, but all those cities around LA look like that.