How some in the US react to this crisis

bkk6060

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Enjoy your denigration of Americans...????

Yeah, it´s funny, but it´s actually not needed. They do it so good by themself, standing in line for more guns because of a virus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps you should view my comments from the viewpoint it's preferable to have someone who gives you some unvarnished truth

Truth is relative.  
The people you are directing your comments to understand that.  Which is why you'll never get any traction in this particular topic of discussion.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

You are just letting your Yank animus roll because I am nailing younger than you are. Please dont embarass me when you arrive, leave the plaid knickers and the Tam at home.

So now I understand. Somewhat.

“He was visited on a lunar basis by these great unspecific waves of horniness, whereby all women within a certain age group and figure envelope became immediately and impossibly desirable. He emerged from these spells with eyeballs still oscillating and a wish that his neck could rotate through the full 360 degrees. ”
 Thomas Pynchon, V.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Set up

No those are your comments, intentionally contrarian. There are indeed crowds & lines at many  gun shops and fire arm suppliers. It occurs every time there is a  catastrophe. Nothing new.

15 minutes ago, connda said:

You would have had to have been a Yank raised in "Flyover Country USA".  "Guilty as charged."
I grew up in a era where we had gun racks in our pickups and it was a common sight see trucks in the school parking lot with a deer rifle or shotgun in the rack.  And we had no school shootings.  And we didn't lock that doors at night.  

Those that don't "get it" never will.  We forgive you.

That era of well behaved white kids and "coloureds" who knew their place has been long over. It ended in 1966 when Charles Whitman barricaded himself in the University  of Texas at Austin library tower and  proceeded to  kill 16 and wound 31 in an event called the Texas Sniper Massacre. Since then, there have been many violent incidents in the USA, including Flyover Country.  Of course some do not consider the mass  shootings  and lynchings of afro americans worthy of recognition as acts of violence. A quick  look at the listing of mass shootings in the USA will show that there were plenty in non big city America; Places like Edmond, OK, Springfield, PA, Daingerfield TX etc.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think it would be a safe bet to say those standing in line

already have at least one gun at home already,more guns

the better,that will solve the problem.

If this virus lasts till end of the year,you will see more desperate

people in Thailand, losing their jobs,at least wages cut, businesses

closing down, it will lead to an increase in crime.muggins,burglaries,

etc,crime will increase.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

No those are your comments, intentionally contrarian. There are indeed crowds & lines at many  gun shops and fire arm suppliers. It occurs every time there is a  catastrophe. Nothing new.

That era of well behaved white kids and "coloureds" who knew their place has been long over. It ended in 1966 when Charles Whitman barricaded himself in the University  of Texas at Austin library tower and  proceeded to  kill 16 and wound 31 in an event called the Texas Sniper Massacre. Since then, there have been many violent incidents in the USA, including Flyover Country.  Of course some do not consider the mass  shootings  and lynchings of afro americans worthy of recognition as acts of violence. A quick  look at the listing of mass shootings in the USA will show that there were plenty in non big city America; Places like Edmond, OK, Springfield, PA, Daingerfield TX etc.  

You should read Kwame Ture's book, Ready for Revolution. He is aka Stokley Carnichael of the Black Panthers. His book is great. He describes the period as one in which gun ownership, and readiness, and ability to use them, saved many black chuches from being burned to the ground by the KKK as black men literally posted a 24 hour a day armed guard upon them, and fired back when fired upon.

Be careful of putting a false racial spin on gun ownership. Many black men, who are good men, especially in country areas, also hunt  and are well versed in firearms. Do not assign people to categories that you do not know anything about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just wish that people who have never been in the USA longer then two weeks, would quit claiming to know the American people, quit claiming to understand our Government and politics, quit bashing its people, quit caring so much about our election, as if its more important to them than their own home country!

Quit claiming expertise in our history, when they obviously are quickly pulling from wikipedia , and simply worry about their own countries survival, instead of constantly preaching doom for the USA, while constantly tossing insult.

We hate all of you. I just want to be clear. Everyone of you who constantly preach hate on us...we hate you too. A movement is growing to get out...to let Europe handle Russia, to let all of you protect your own shipping, to simply retract from all....if you now tell me good riddance  I say Thankyou! 

please push your hate of America at your own Goverments to abrogate treaties to end NATO to cease joint military exercises, to get US forces out....fine, but direct this hate of us toward your own Governments.

We Americans are fine without you, we can protect our own shipping, have a nuclear umbrella, and two oceans to save us from land forces. Hate away! I hate you right back!

A new foe is rapidly rising if you wish to be opposed to the USA fine, declare your hate boldly...good for you...

but build your Navy and land forces, the future will be rough for the country unable to protect its supply lines from 20 battle groups roaming globally, that are not flying the Stars and Stripes.

Thats the future! See ya!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yinn said:
3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've given up trying to understand the American obsession with guns. To me, there's no difference from the Thai logic of raising prices when they have fewer customers.

When have many customer, the thai boss give discount because kind. Not greedy.

When not have many customer, can not give discount because pay rent, staff etc.

One of the best explanations ever. And precisely why western educated folks just don't get it.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

One of our Prime Ministers said a crisis brings out the best in Australians. Are you telling me a crisis brings out the worst in Americans?

These days, there's a goodly portion of citizens eager to follow their Pied Piper right off the cliff....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

We hate all of you. I just want to be clear. Everyone of you who constantly preach hate on us...we hate you too. A movement is growing to get out...to let Europe handle Russia, to let all of you protect your own shipping, to simply retract from all....if you now tell me good riddance  I say Thankyou! 

Wow. Just to toss in my own US citizen two cents worth. We don't "hate all of you". Americans have long thought of themselves as leaders in freedom and industry and bringing the world together. Obviously, that is an ideal that we never achieve, and yes, we have many flaws. But we really think of ourselves as friends to the rest of the world. We always have.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, timendres said:

Wow. Just to toss in my own US citizen two cents worth. We don't "hate all of you". Americans have long thought of themselves as leaders in freedom and industry and bringing the world together. Obviously, that is an ideal that we never achieve, and yes, we have many flaws. But we really think of ourselves as friends to the rest of the world. We always have.

He's one of the Pied Piper clan... Lost cause.

• Sad 1

Just now, timendres said:

Your two cents is appreciated, but the view I have is growing. I feel no love for those who despise me, wish no treaty with them, care not for how they wish to conduct their affairs. Friends greet as friends, foes do not, from the time of Abraham until now. I wish to force no friendship on anyone. I hear their contempt, and suggest they voice it to their own Governments, to disassociate with a USA they find unworthy.

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

He's one of the Pied Piper clan... Lost cause.

I do understand how many Americans feel. We had a great era post WWII. We were a nation with many advantages. It was easy for us then. And the word was more separated. But in the last few decades, the world has gotten smaller, and countries are now rising and coming into their own. That is all good.

People fear change. But change is very rapid now, and the world is very integrated. And Americans can no longer "phone it in". If we want to maintain our standard of living, we need to work for it. And we need to integrate with the rest of the planet in more positive ways. We need to lead by example. And right now, our example does not impress me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Your two cents is appreciated, but the view I have is growing. I feel no love for those who despise me, wish no treaty with them, care not for how they wish to conduct their affairs. Friends greet as friends, foes do not, from the time of Abraham until now. I wish to force no friendship on anyone. I hear their contempt, and suggest they voice it to their own Governments, to disassociate with a USA they find unworthy.

I don't meet many people who despise Americans. I do see a lot of discontent with our government's policies. But you are correct that the world is still a very complex and dangerous place, and it is not as simple as most people think. We could debate for hours on the things that governments do. But, in general, when I meet enlightened people they are the same the world over.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, timendres said:

I do understand how many Americans feel. We had a great era post WWII. We were a nation with many advantages. It was easy for us then. And the word was more separated. But in the last few decades, the world has gotten smaller, and countries are now rising and coming into their own. That is all good.

People fear change. But change is very rapid now, and the world is very integrated. And Americans can no longer "phone it in". If we want to maintain our standard of living, we need to work for it. And we need to integrate with the rest of the planet in more positive ways. We need to lead by example. And right now, our example does not impress me.

Globalist tripe, exposed in the current global meltdown as a result of disruption of the Chinese pipeline of cheap goods. Countries globally once great manufacturers now under realization they cant even produce their own medical supplies. The neocon/neoliberal concept of spreading American Democracy that brought wars, diguised as interconnectedness. Oh how they attack the idea of Nationalism, and borders. No I hear the hatred of those we are in alliance with. Please, do not listen to globalists. Break ties with the USA, get our troops out, push to end NATO  push to end AnZUK, get the USA out, tell your governments.

Edited by WalkingOrders
sp

3 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Globalist tripe, exposed in the current global meltdown as a result of disruption of the Chinese pipeline of cheap goods. Countries globally one great manufactures now under realization they cant even produce their own medical supplies. The neocon/neoliberal concept of spreading American Democracy that brought wars, diguised as interconnectedness. Oh how they attack the idea of Nationalism, and borders. No I hear the hatred of those we are in alliance with. Please, do not listen to globalists. Break ties with the USA, get our troops out, push to end NATO  push to end AnZUK, get the USA out, tell your governments.

Good shilling, but you need to work on your English.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

You should read Kwame Ture's book, Ready for Revolution. He is aka Stokley Carnichael of the Black Panthers. His book is great. He describes the period as one in which gun ownership, and readiness, and ability to use them, saved many black chuches from being burned to the ground by the KKK as black men literally posted a 24 hour a day armed guard upon them, and fired back when fired upon.

Be careful of putting a false racial spin on gun ownership. Many black men, who are good men, especially in country areas, also hunt  and are well versed in firearms. Do not assign people to categories that you do not know anything about.

read the comment again. No racial spin on gun ownership. Death is an equal opportunity visitor.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Globalist tripe, exposed in the current global meltdown as a result of disruption of the Chinese pipeline of cheap goods. Countries globally one great manufactures now under realization they cant even produce their own medical supplies. The neocon/neoliberal concept of spreading American Democracy that brought wars, diguised as interconnectedness. Oh how they attack the idea of Nationalism, and borders. No I hear the hatred of those we are in alliance with. Please, do not listen to globalists. Break ties with the USA, get our troops out, push to end NATO  push to end AnZUK, get the USA out, tell your governments.

Oh, I fully agree that we screwed ourselves by gutting our manufacturing base and industries. But who were the Americans that willingly walked down that road for the sake of cheaper products? Who were the Americans that cried out when Trump's tariffs threatened higher prices? We have ourselves to blame for that fiasco, and it is up to us to fix it. We are the same citizens with our noises buried in our mobile phones while the two parties feed us lame candidates who continue to sell us out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I think it would be a safe bet to say those standing in line

already have at least one gun at home already,more guns

the better,that will solve the problem.

If this virus lasts till end of the year,you will see more desperate

people in Thailand, losing their jobs,at least wages cut, businesses

closing down, it will lead to an increase in crime.muggins,burglaries,

etc,crime will increase.

regards worgeordie

Having three guns instead of two won’t help.  If you need another crate of ammo, you’re a danger to yourself, your neighbours and passers-by.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, timendres said:

Oh, I fully agree that we screwed ourselves by gutting our manufacturing base and industries. But who were the Americans that willingly walked down that road for the sake of cheaper products? Who were the Americans that cried out when Trump's tariffs threatened higher prices? We have ourselves to blame for that fiasco, and it is up to us to fix it. We are the same citizens with our noises buried in our mobile phones while the two parties feed us lame candidates who continue to sell us out.

You have expressed your opinion, I disagree. If you are unhappy with Trumps attempt to balance a sickly unbalnced trade with China, or bringing back manufacturing, we are opposed. Trump is THE ONLY President in over 20 years who has attempted to un-globalize, so while you claim to hate him, yet also claim to support bringing back manufacturing, you expose yourself. Obama, and his globalist ilk are what pushed mfg out of the USA, and Democrats are not about trying to challenge china. Anyway vote, if you wish to continue down the globalist path.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, timendres said:

We need to lead by example. And right now, our example does not impress me.

Some leaders try to bring out the best in people. Others seek to bring out the worst.

Some leaders try to unite people for a common good. Others seek to divide people and sow conflict.

Some leaders see the U.S. as a possible force for good on the world stage. Others think we only should care about ourselves.

Right now, we have a leader and followers who have made the second choice in each of the issues above.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

read the comment again. No racial spin on gun ownership. Death is an equal opportunity visitor.

I quote from the comment I responded to and earlier quoted, 

"That era of well behaved white kids and "coloureds" who knew their place has been long over."

6 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I quote from the comment I responded to and earlier quoted, 

"That era of well behaved white kids and "coloureds" who knew their place has been long over."

I think he was criticising racial opinions and segregation.  You might want to ask your supervisor for help.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

So now I understand. Somewhat.

“He was visited on a lunar basis by these great unspecific waves of horniness, whereby all women within a certain age group and figure envelope became immediately and impossibly desirable. He emerged from these spells with eyeballs still oscillating and a wish that his neck could rotate through the full 360 degrees. ”
 Thomas Pynchon, V.

Quoting the master sets you off from the ordinary crowd.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

I recall when I lived in the UK I had 36 licensed shotguns and firearms......, including guns disguised as walking sticks and umbrellas.

Had to surrender the lot when I moved to Thailand ????

Any Purdy's? Or maybe a Boss? Please tell me you had a double rifle? I love shooting doubles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Any Purdy's? Or maybe a Boss? Please tell me you had a double rifle? I love shooting doubles.

Not a Purdy, but a beautifully-engraved, Victorian side-by-side double.  I used to go pheasant-shooting every weekend, bag a couple, hang them for a week in the attic, then pluck and eat them for dinner.  Good times ????

• Like 1