Cambodia reports 12 new cases of coronavirus, bringing total to 24

geovalin

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Cambodia reported 12 new cases of coronavirus on Tuesday, doubling its tally to 24.

Of the new cases, 11 were people who had traveled to Malaysia for a religious event at a mosque, a statement from the Ministry of Health said.

Two others who had traveled to the same ceremony had tested positive for the virus in Cambodia over the weekend.

-- --   REUTERS

COVID-19 cases double to 24

The Health Ministry has detected 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Phnom Penh and five other provinces, bringing the Kingdom’s total to 24. The ministry issued a statement today, saying that 11 of the 12 COVID-19 patients are Cambodian Muslims who had recently returned from a religious congregation in Malaysia.

The ministry said that the patients were part of the 68 others whose samples are being tested. It said the 12 cases were found in Phnom Penh, Banteay Meanchey, Kampong Chhnang, Battambang, Kampot, and Tboung Khmum provinces.

“Working groups of both national and sub-national levels are now observing the people who came in direct contacts with them, especially those who attended the religious congregation in Malaysia,” it said.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50702670/covid-19-cases-double-to-24/

For information.

I recently flew back, after a visa run, to Siem Reap where I live. On arrival at the airport I, and all other passengers, had to complete a "Health Declaration" form. This was quite lengthy and the information required included your personal details (including NATIONALITY), FLIGHT and SEAT numbers, a selection of tick-boxes regarding health status, tick boxes for certain zones in the World (for example West Africa and the Middle East), your address in Cambodia, phone number and e-mail address. This form you hand in and then you have to pass a thermal scanner. This is for the authorities to easily identify any possible high risk persons and to contact you should you have traveled (unknowingly) with a passenger who is diagnosed COVID-19 positive. Every international passenger arriving in Siem Reap has to undergo this procedure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

For information.

I recently flew back, after a visa run, to Siem Reap where I live. On arrival at the airport I, and all other passengers, had to complete a "Health Declaration" form. This was quite lengthy and the information required included your personal details (including NATIONALITY), FLIGHT and SEAT numbers, a selection of tick-boxes regarding health status, tick boxes for certain zones in the World (for example West Africa and the Middle East), your address in Cambodia, phone number and e-mail address. This form you hand in and then you have to pass a thermal scanner. This is for the authorities to easily identify any possible high risk persons and to contact you should you have traveled (unknowingly) with a passenger who is diagnosed COVID-19 positive. Every international passenger arriving in Siem Reap has to undergo this procedure.

When was this and what passport is your nationality?

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

it's the lack of testing and not the temperature of the environment imo that keeps the numbers lower here and many other hot climate countries in the region. 

this

numbers have increased alot in se asia over the last week

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

When was this and what passport is your nationality?

This was last Thursday (12th March) and my passport is British. All International passengers off the Air Asia flight from DMK to Siem Reap had to complete the form. After handing it in, we were then given yellow "Health Notice" form to keep, which you should hand to a doctor/hospital/medical center if you became sick. Copy of form below:-

IMG_2403.JPG

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

OK, Brit and on the 12th.

Since the 17th they have completely banned entry by people from Italy, Germany, Spain, France and United States.

May get extended to more countries at any time.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Since the 17th they have completely banned entry by people from Italy, Germany, Spain, France and United States.

Yes indeed, but I am now back home in Siem Reap, with my Cambodian yellow "Health Notice" receipt, and no more need to cross any borders for some considerable time. Have a pleasant journey back to Thailand. 

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Yeah dude, you still here in Cambo? Are you able to get back to Thailand?

9 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

but I am now back home in Siem Reap

My bud called me last night to say that it looks like the bars and KTVs etc are getting closed down here.

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah dude, you still here in Cambo? Are you able to get back to Thailand?

My bud called me last night to say that it looks like the bars and KTVs etc are getting closed down here.

eah dude, you still here in Cambo? Are you able to get back to Thailand?

No idea, I have no intention of ever returning to Thailand - that is why I left after almost 20 years. This is my new home.

5 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Naw Im set here, I gave up my Thai Visa and got a cheaper less hassle retirement one here. When the virus dies off, Ill go back to the states for a bit and then come back here and spend weekends in Thailand.

Siem Reap rules

25 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

No idea, I have no intention of ever returning to Thailand - that is why I left after almost 20 years. This is my new home.

Burma Bill? You might consider to change it to Cambodia Bill soon? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nah heading to Poipet. By all I am told I do not require a health certificate but that crossing is notoriously corrupt and prone to making difficulties so I'm buying a health cert from a private clinic on the way  just in case. ("Buying" being apt descriptor). Already have insurance and recent email from my insurer confirms COVID is covered. That together with proof I live in Thailand (pink ID card, DL, tabian ban) ajd trav history of nowhere but Thailand and Cakbodia since last August  should be OK but one never knows. Wish me luck.