Buying second hand car in Thailand around 300 000 B

We bought our Teana from ads on 12Car. Had 6 final contenders.

Flew down to BKK, got a hotel, hired a car for the next day, and went shopping.

Much greater selection, got exactly what we wanted at a price we were happy with.

9 hours ago, Coremouse said:

Don't buy car with plate from other provinces - in theory it's easy transfer but added unecessary complication, esp. owner is foreigner expect lot of paperworks and time consuming. Buy a local car transfer could be done within hours. Also don't pay before DLT confirmed transfer unless you really trust the seller( just said from logic, but i happily made transaction after excitement of test driving - and no problem after. luckily all people i met, a foreigner & 2 thais are nice folk, prepared all documents for me i can do transfer at dlt myself ). 

The other solution is to not  transfer the plate to another province. I had one car registered in Bangkok, another in Phrae. Renewed the registration for #1 in Chiang Mai. The #2 I've renewed in Chiang Mai and Phan. Didn't seem to raise any eyebrows.

31 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

If you haven’t bought already, wait a few more weeks, there will be a much bigger choice and at a lower price...

9 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Why?

You ask why wait a few weeks, think about it, many people will not be able to make car repayments due to having no work, because of the virus situation, many vehicles will be taken back.

There will be a glut of 2nd hand vehicles.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You ask why wait a few weeks, think about it, many people will not be able to make car repayments due to having no work, because of the virus situation, many vehicles will be taken back.

Colin, it didn’t need an answer, so I just ignored him.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Only once have i ever had an automatic girls car ,it was a company one ,i only drive mens manual cars ,London ,Bangkok ,Rome ,Paris all over , ???? 

Weeell yes, if you say so.........????

marina.jpg.47bca018cbe096079c833d96983d96e6.jpg

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Up to 30 now. :wink:

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Only once have i ever had an automatic girls car ,it was a company one ,i only drive mens manual cars ,London ,Bangkok ,Rome ,Paris all over , ???? 

Aye lad...you have the right name for that opinion....lol ????

My only advice to the OP after buyers several second hand cars is I can say never ever buy a used car from a "THAI"........There are many reasons, the first is the price. A Thai person will sell you their used car with very high klm for ridiculously high price where on the second hand a foreigner will sell you the exact same car with a third of the klm on it for almost 30-50% less. I recommend facebook or bhatsold as many falang selling their cars there. I bought a 2008 chevy optra last year with only 95,000klm from a Russian guy in Pattaya for 115,000 bht. Runs great, never a problem. The same car I seen for sale from a Thai, 2 years new with double the klm for 165,000bht.