All visitors to Thailand require medical certificate, insurance and monitoring system

snoop1130

I am dealing with the American consulate in the Philippines , their website is saying they will be back in normal operations Monday April 13,2020. 26 days.

There is a “ use by” date it seems.

CCP is already starting to talk about getting back to work. POTUS is already talking it down.

historically LOS will follow #1 uncle & #2 uncle. Depending on who has the best flower ???? money.

????????????

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/03/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-situation-in-thailand-as-of-18-march-2020-11-00-hrs/

This has the new restrictions for lesser places, countries with ongoing infections like the US. Also the worst offenders & the least, w/ Thais also being mentioned. Take a look...

I didn't see this last night & here it is at noon. I'd rather be in the tropics than surrounded by rednecks in the West etc etc etc

Any more ideas, places to flee, etc.?  Thank you.

• Like 1

Am I covered? Collapse

You are covered for medical emergencies related to COVID-19 provided you left your home province before March 13, 2020 and travelled to a destination that did not have a Canadian Gov’t issued Travel Advisory (avoid all non-essential travel) that was in place prior to March 13, 2020.

If you left on your trip on or after March 13, 2020, you will not have emergency medical coverage for any COVID-19 related expenses. You will have coverage for any other medical emergency subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.

Can't get insurance for Thailand.

Does anyone know, how much medical insurance would cost on arrival to Thailand?

How much would 3 week stay at a private hospital cost? I guess a lot.

21 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Can't get insurance for Thailand.

Does anyone know, how much medical insurance would cost on arrival to Thailand?

How much would 3 week stay at a private hospital cost? I guess a lot.

Rough estimate (varies per hospital) for ICU would be 30,000 to 70,000 for admission and 20,000 per day (private hospital).

I could see them applying a supply and demand increase though ????

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Rough estimate (varies per hospital) for ICU would be 30,000 to 70,000 for admission and 20,000 per day (private hospital).

The alternative is staying in Canada and dying in the parking lot of hospital because it is too crowded. What good will 50k do then?  Even today hospitals are over crowded. What will it be like in near future. It will be much worse because of the old population.

Maybe i can get insurance when i land in Thailand? 

These are tough times requires tough thinking. You know i am right about the medical service in the GTA. It will be a disaster.

Edited by Don Chance
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

The alternative is staying in Canada and dying in the parking lot of hospital because it is too crowded. What good will 50k do then?  Even today hospitals are over crowded. What will it be like in near future. It will be much worse because of the old population.

These are tough times requires tough thinking. You know i am right about the medical service in the GTA. It will be a disaster.

If you require hospitalization for COVID 19 (most will not but unfortunately with NY they state 19% right now)...  no country can handle it effectively with current bed supply.  If you require hospitalization it will be because you need support (oxygen or ICU)....  If you require ICU - from the number I heard - there typically is an average of 10 ICU beds... and most of those would be currently occupied.   It is likely your 50k would not be able to buy entry even in Thailand if the s... hits the fan. 

3 hours ago, Don Chance said:

If Im not mistaken, you need the insurance on arrival it is available in Thailand maybe if you could do it online I dont know

5 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I just had one night in ICU as had chest/heart pain at a private hospital in Phitsanulok. Total bill incl A&E treatment, ECGs, other tests, X-rays x 3, was Bht 25000. AND they allowed me to call Pizza place and have double pepperoni delivered!

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stouricks said:

I just had one night in ICU as had chest/heart pain at a private hospital in Phitsanulok. Total bill incl A&E treatment, ECGs, other tests, X-rays x 3, was Bht 25000. AND they allowed me to call Pizza place and have double pepperoni delivered!

Not sure if your post was a joke or not but after a double pepperoni I often feel like I will die from heart burn ... anyway I sincerely hope you are well !!

• Like 1

I flew in yesterday to Suvarnabhumi, slope up to Immigration was restricted access! Not allowed through to immigration desks unless you had downloaded the app!

many people panicking like headless chickens as they knew nothing of this new requirement. Lucky for me I did and showed the confirmation on my phone and was let through desks had no more than one person waiting at them.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

maybe you can sue them for negligence ... although its not a large pizza

EDIT you could also sue pizza company .... no way thats double pepperoni

You order Pizza Hut and you deserve what you get.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

It was absolutely true.232972931_ICUPizza.thumb.jpg.c9c3f8ca85c37590c5b19c034953a6e8.jpg

I would definitely have a chat with that branch, if that's double pepperoni i would think the regular pepperoni looked like just cheese...lol, maybe the good doctor took half away...

All airlines must check if a passenger has been in a disease Infected Zone or Ongoing Local Transmission Area within the last 14 days.

If they have and they are not Thai they need a health certificate that they are not infected and insurance

If they are Thai they need a Fit to Fly health cert and a letter issued by a consulate/embassy/Min of Foreign Affairs

So I understand my two Thai nieces departing UK on 22 April will need a certificate and letter from the CAAT-COVID-19-Practical-Guideline-18Mar20-1.pdfembassy

5 minutes ago, pj123 said:

Hopefully those that fly cattle class/economy, they are still not sitting jammed shoulder to shoulder based upon what CAAT has stated in the guidelines.  However, they are just guidelines and not hard and fast rules.....

On 3/17/2020 at 6:25 PM, GreasyFingers said:

You have been watching too many American D grade movies.

Someone, has no respect for the historical development of zombie movies in global cinema. You don't know what your missing, and that means your survival skills will be low when they come for you. ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

Someone, has no respect for the historical development of zombie movies in global cinema. You don't know what your missing, and that means your survival skills will be low when they come for you. ????

Revenge of the giant Tomatoes.........

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 6:42 PM, NCC1701A said:

no the best we can hope for is total economic collapse followed by a huge war.

No worries, in such a set of events, I will head to a very small village in Issan to live on rice, bugs, lizards, frogs, and home grown vegetables until this blows over. Good luck to the rest of you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

No worries, in such a set of events, I will head to a very small village in Issan to live on rice, bugs, lizards, frogs, and home grown vegetables until this blows over. Good luck to the rest of you!

Bats?

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2020 at 9:23 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

As mentioned in a previous post, part of the PM's announcement was to confirm was that all countries do not require a medical certificate and health insurance - only those countries or territories defined as "Disease Infected Zones."

Those countries are: China, Macau, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy and Iran.

I'm trying to get a flight out of Australia to get back to my family before the planes stop . I need a Covid negative test cert to enter Thai , but can't find anywhere that will give the test result within 3 days . Just getting the test is very difficult if you don't have symptoms .

5 hours ago, stewartthailand said:

I flew in yesterday to Suvarnabhumi, slope up to Immigration was restricted access! Not allowed through to immigration desks unless you had downloaded the app!

many people panicking like headless chickens as they knew nothing of this new requirement. Lucky for me I did and showed the confirmation on my phone and was let through desks had no more than one person waiting at them.

Squawk... download the app... Squawk

Headless chicken mode, situation normal in Thailand. They do headless chicken impersonations extremely well. Oozlum bird impersonations as well (fly up to a great height and then descend in ever-decreasing circles until they finally disappear up their own a$$). Not a pretty sight in either case, but not without a certain entertainment value.

Had to go to Immigration today. Never seen it so empty. People not exactly queuing up to sample the sundry delights of Thailand... Lots of alcohol gel though - useful when having to confront hordes of foreigners who don't wash I suppose...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

You order Pizza Hut and you deserve what you get.

No good at all, you misssed the most important bit:

"You order Pizza Hut in Thailand and you deserve what you get."

There, that's better. Think yourself lucky it wasn't smothered in chiili sauce.

Or sulphuric acid.

Edited by ParkerN

I am in Europe now but for my return to Thailand one day in the future I need to prepare.

Did anyone of you find covid-19 insurance as requested for 100k USD?

That "Frank" broker which was suggested somewhere in the Forum before only covers up to 1M THB and also they require a work permit when you make a claim - they said it is not for tourists. I would not have cared and just used it for Immigration so they are happy, but 1M THB is not enough.

Anyone found an insurance yet?

• Like 1