Forum upgrade in progress! ×

All visitors to Thailand require medical certificate, insurance and monitoring system

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, drbeach said:

You have to cross check between what's in the news, your government's advice and IATA's country database. Requirements are changing daily. What's true today may not be the case anymore tomorrow.

Which I have done via internet searches, ABC news app and listening online to an Australian radio station. No mention of Australia closing its border.

22 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Do you have a link to that? Smart traveller site doesn't say that at all. They do recommend returning soon if you choose to as commercial options (flights etc) may be harder to get soon, but there is no mention of shutting any border.

Yes, I just checked the Smart T site & nothing there. My source was a friend in Oz and I think he overstated slightly (or perhaps new info just out). My own check says the following (from The Australian):

- ALL travellers entering Oz to quarantine 14 days

- Qantas 90% internat flights cancelled, 60% domestic

- All other airlines flying to Oz cutting capacity - Finnair 90%, AirNZ 85%, Virgin 80%, BritAir 75%, American 75%, AirFr/KLM 70% ...

- Awaiting further announcements of action including on the economy from Fed Govt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, I just checked the Smart T site & nothing there. My source was a friend in Oz and I think he overstated slightly (or perhaps new info just out). My own check says the following (from The Australian):

- ALL travellers entering Oz to quarantine 14 days

- Qantas 90% internat flights cancelled, 60% domestic

- All other airlines flying to Oz cutting capacity - Finnair 90%, AirNZ 85%, Virgin 80%, BritAir 75%, American 75%, AirFr/KLM 70% ...

- Awaiting further announcements of action including on the economy from Fed Govt.

Yes that's what I have found out as well. Stay or go? Reckon I'll stay.

We used to complain that different IOs at different borders made up their own rules depending on how good their last meal was ?? 

How the hell are they supposed to keep up with daily changes ???????? Even if we technically are allowed in, they might not let you because they heard a rumour about medical certificates !! It's gonna be a little stressful I reckon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest headline in The Australian (just now): "CV - Come home now, DFAT tells Australian travellers".

DFAT urges return asap, regardless of destination, age or health etc etc.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Will they sell a policy to people not in Thailand..... as in coming to Thailand and need to show insurance before entry is allowed ?

Dunno. Doubt it. Call them. I'm not a tip insurance agent.

Plus you need a work permit.

• Like 2

seeing a most medical travel insurers in many countries are no longer issuing new policies   from last week ,, its going be hard to get cover if you dont have one already ...

also can corona virus be declined as force majeure ???

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Dunno. Doubt it. Call them. I'm not a tip insurance agent.

Plus you need a work permit.

So pretty much useless for a tourist coming to Thailand that needs coverage for entry then.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I couldn't find any other source for what is written in the OP.

Is this news even correct?

I think the "news" has bundled differing conditional requirements into one "conveniently newsworthy" lump.

16th March

Three categories of visitor origin:

From Disease Infected Zones

Areas with Ongoing Local Transmission

Other Areas

Visa exemption withdrawn from Italy, Hong Kong, ROK.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/document/COVIDTravelMeasures.pdf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

So pretty much useless for a tourist coming to Thailand that needs coverage for entry then.

I don't know.

1 I'm not a tourist. I've lived here for twenty years. I'm married on O visa and have WP.

2 You never stated any criteria

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I don't know.

1 I'm not a tourist. I've lived here for twenty years. I'm married on O visa and have WP.

2 You never stated any criteria

If you read the thread title and content of the OP Iam surprised you did not twig as to the direction my post was aimed at.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

If you read the thread title and content of the OP Iam surprised you did not twig as to the direction my post was aimed at.

Despite my many talents I'm not clairvoyant. Especially when the person 1000s if miles away.

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Despite my many talents I'm not clairvoyant. Especially when the person 1000s if miles away.

so what your saying is that you read neither the thread title or the 1st post then.

Who is 1000's if miles away?

Edited by Don Mega

It is NOT all country but only these countries.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/ind_outbreak.php

China (include HK, Macau)

South Korea

Italy

Iran

Spain (number of cases have exceeded Korea)

France

USA

Switzerland

Norway

Denmark

Netherlands

Sweden

Britain

Japan (certain cities)

Germany

Both groups need to have 14 days quarantine.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

Which one...the compulsory quarantine, or the closing of borders altogether? I'm sure the latter is imminent, while the former remains a distinct possibility.

India has imposed all entry bans for forengers. I think they will suceed in containing it. Europe, UK< and USA is in complete collpase. Utter incomepetency of their leaders. They're lying, obfuscating, and avoiding all responsibility. Only the medical professionals are dedicated to do what they could. A good article on how the West has botched containment by lying, cheating, and obfuscating the issue. They are now responsible for global panedemic. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/16/coronavirus-pandemic-leadership-131540

Another article how India is tackling the issue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/world/asia/india-coronavirus.html

Edited by Mulambana
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It is NOT all country but only these countries.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/ind_outbreak.php

China (include HK, Macau)

South Korea

Italy

Iran

Spain (number of cases have exceeded Korea)

France

USA

Switzerland

Norway

Denmark

Netherlands

Sweden

Britain

Japan (certain cities)

Germany

Both groups need to have 14 days quarantine.

Only six of these countries are "Disease Infected Zones", the remainder are "ongoing local transmission areas", and subject to self-monitoring only. From the Ministry of Public Health website:

Travelers from the Disease Infected Zones traveling to Thailand are required to present the following health certifications and a document of health insurance to the airlines at the airport of origin before check-in.

Travelers from ongoing local transmission areas are recommended to implement control for observation (meaning supervision without quarantine) in order to ensure self-monitoring at their residence for no less than 14 days.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

And go for what? No insurance full coverage abroad and real numbers of the virus infected people can be higher here then in Europe since most haven’t been tested tet.

Most people have not been teted in any country. Why they will test most people? And no country, even Westrn countries, have the capacity to test every one. Wetern countries have botched up due the incompepence of their leaders, lying, cheating and obfuscating the issue. They are now responsible for this Global epidemic. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

You’re joking !

Where ur proof of Europeans traveling to Thailand with the idea to the escape the china corona virus?

And go for what? No insurance full coverage abroad and real numbers of the virus infected people can be higher here then in Europe since most haven’t been tested tet.

I vaguely remember Anutin said that in an article. I might be wrong.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1