All visitors to Thailand require medical certificate, insurance and monitoring system

snoop1130

3 hours ago, elliss said:

Who in their right mind , would travel to Thailand , with all this uncertainty ...

I was planning on going.  I don't mind the uncertainty from a health point of view.  I am not concerned about getting ill.  now all the travel restrictions, forms, smart phone (I don't have a smart phone) are valid concerns and I probably will not travel.  I was planning about 90 days (60 day SETV with a 30 day extension) starting around April 20 after what was going to be Songkran.  Guess I will stay on this contract job and just dosh up for when things do calm down

Edited by gk10002000

Cmon..everyone should know how that stuff works in LOS! 99% of the stuff they elaborate is not well thought and won`t be implemented 1:1. They should stop this muppet show and just ban high-risk countries like other countries did. Do it for up to 1 month and then take further action.

Knowing how the game works I just believe in 1st hand infos. A friend of mine arrived today at BKK airport. No checks at all, no app download etc. While this new measure wasn`t there in the morning, I thought everyone had to follow stricter rules since a few days. His fellow passengers from FRA also had no screenings at all. 

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SpanishExpat said:

Cmon..everyone should know how that stuff works in LOS! 99% of the stuff they elaborate is not well thought and won`t be implemented 1:1. They should stop this muppet show and just ban high-risk countries like other countries did. Do it for up to 1 month and then take further action.

Knowing how the game works I just believe in 1st hand infos. A friend of mine arrived today at BKK airport. No checks at all, no app download etc. While this new measure wasn`t there in the morning, I thought everyone had to follow stricter rules since a few days. His fellow passengers from FRA also had no screenings at all. 

If you are being thermal scanned you might not necessarily know it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

You are worth more to your girlfriend now if she is the beneficiary. 

She love you long time for sure.  Or?  ????

Peace☮️

Nah her income is 97k /month plus bonuses 

Maybe she do it for dollars 

Everybody has a breaking point 

23 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Sorry you have such difficulty beleiving people may not all think like you. I just got another request on airbnb for a month starting tomorrow. Declined.

Italian this time.

And its covid-19.

Repeatedly calling it "china corona" makes you appear simple.

Rather than risk your rating by denying requests, why don't you just block the next few months off? 

6 hours ago, papa al said:

Today I bought a plan at Big C

100,000 medical

100,000 death benefit

premium is 599B/year.

Fantastic, good for you... no good for someone travelling to Thailand and now requires travel insurance that covers it though.

I assume you read the thread title and 1 st post ?

Edited by Don Mega

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

Sorry you have such difficulty beleiving people may not all think like you. I just got another request on airbnb for a month starting tomorrow. Declined.

Italian this time.

And its covid-19.

Repeatedly calling it "china corona" makes you appear simple.

A more interesting question is will china be held accountable for the corona virus?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pdtokyo said:

Nailed it Bkk.

Add ''overpopulation" in there somewhere and i'd vote bkkcanuck8 next and first World President. 

.. as your campaign agent though, i'd have to advise dropping the Mr Burns logo and maybe a snappier name ...

Yeah, I would not be a good candidate (for a democratically run world) - especially when I do my speech about humans being the virus on mother earth and viruses mother earth's immune system... and right now we are an immunosuppressant pathogen on the way to killing the host rant.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

It is NOT all country but only these countries.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/ind_outbreak.php

China (include HK, Macau)

South Korea

Italy

Iran

Spain (number of cases have exceeded Korea)

France

USA

Switzerland

Norway

Denmark

Netherlands

Sweden

Britain

Japan (certain cities)

Germany

Both groups need to have 14 days quarantine.

Not what it says at all.

For France, Spain, United States of America, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Great Britain, Japan (specific cities) and  Germany it says:

"All travelers are recommended to implement control for observation (meaning supervision without quarantine) in order to ensure self-monitoring at their residence for no less than 14 days "

Automatic Quarantine is only for:

South Korea

Italy

Iran

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Petchou said:

Are people under non immigrant O visa included in this catégory or only tourists?

The rules do not vary by visa type. But are based on where traveling from., not nationality.

And the cited article is incorrect. Health certificate and insurance is currently required only if coming from:

South Korea

Italy

Iran

• Like 1

I'd say : perfecty fine.

This "certificate" is as... smart as the "mandatory form" designed by the french governement, for the people who want to leave their home during quarantine.

If they don't sign this form, and take it with them when they go outside to walk the dog... the police can impose a fee... of 38 euros.

So a "medical certificate" to visit Thailand ? ... i say bring it on !

As far as hysteria and stupid ideas are concerned.... the thai governement follows the world trends !

No more.

No less.

Edited by christophe75

22 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

you're sure of that are you?

imo tracking down a specific dead bat or the chef who popped it into a pot and didn't boil it long enough a couple of years after the event may be

(a) tricky

(b) possibly not the best use of WHO resources.

... but i'm not a government or scientist or even a judiciary person so i may be wrong.

Well if a plane crashes down with only 300 casualties they spend lots of time on finding the cause and the responsible persons. So lets wait how this going to be investigated.. i am certainly glad that ur not involved in that process.

• Like 1

The medical certificate is worthless and the insurance oils be impossible to obtain...

thai mindset is delusional and unrealistic

thai reality - kept a packed boxing venue open and now has 37 cases from one day exposure....number will go up...The virus is here and just wait for it to get to chiang mai....combined that with ait pollution health effects on sensitive groups, they will drop like flies up north...

refuses to ban...forget all this paperwork requirements that don't keep the virus out...can’t drop old habits same old immigration

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

What does this mean? A certificate from whom saying what exactly?

If a certificate was needed, it's unlikely it's going to happen from the UK, they will be to busy for such stuff in the NHS, and going to the Doctors, just before a flight, increasing your chances of catching it, by coming out of the advised self isolation, get the cert. and catch the virus with no symptoms apparent until in Thailand??? Not helpful.

Dad is 86  and has to make his decision to come or not by the 24th March....wish things were clearer.

He already has a phone for someone to install an app on and a DTAC Sim, but unlikely he could load the app without help at the airport.

As I was on a line call yesterday the house phone rang and an acquaintance (previous tourist to Thailand last year) informed that an friend of his in THailand had just told him someone had just been confirmed positive for Covid in that seaside town area! (a tourist, from within Thailand they thought)

Go or not Go...Go or Not Go ????

Edited by UKresonant