Could thaivisa/the Nation ask the government what about many expats who are on multi non-o visa and travel restrictions in place ?

Could thaivisa/the Nation ask the government what about many expats who are on multi non-o visa and travel restrictions in place ?

I am kind of freaking out and time is running out.

I am holder of a multi non-o visa.

I would really not want to be forced to travel, if travel at all is still possible aka lockdown in many countries.

Thaivisa / The nation must have some contacts right, where this kind of question could be asked and answered ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why don't you just do a border run to Myanmar or Laos, now before the borders are closed.. Then you've got 90 days plus a 60 day extension if married !! No real problem ..

I'm working in Singapore and due to go back to Thailand on 6th April, at this rate that probably won't be possible and my wife is gonna be <deleted> off ????

I can't leave early as the guy I rotate with is in N.Ireland, so hoping he can get back here still at the beginning of April !! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Exactly.  Mine was due tomorrow, but went last week, just in case the snot hits the fan...

I was recently Saigon airport. Guys trying to get back to Singapore before the 14 day isolation came into play. Problem was all flights cancelled.

Yorky you made good call.

1 hour ago, justin case said:

I am kind of freaking out and time is running out.

I am holder of a multi non-o visa.

What exactly is your problem? Just apply for an extension.

Currently only people with tourist visas might encounter problems.

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

What exactly is your problem? Just apply for an extension.

Currently only people with tourist visas might encounter problems.

well I got one big fat 85 kg problem, aka EX WIFE

I need signed ID card & tabien baan

She does not want to provide as her main goal since last year is to get me out of thailand

that my child (in my 24/7 care) will be parentless as mommy has to go F around, live somewhere else and does not give an F.   does not matter for those nice people at immigration

for the nice office in Samut Prakarn, they just say: YOU HAVE A PROBLEM... go back to your country

just read up about a new post of an italian guy, going with his Embassy letter that is supposed to give him extra 30 days and he gets 7...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, justin case said:

She does not want to provide as her main goal since last year is to get me out of thailand

Are you referring to the ID-card and house-book, needed to file a TM30? 

Indeed some IOs refuse to handle your extension-applications without a TM30 on file.

There are easy ways to circumvent this if the obstacle is indeed the TM30 not being on file.

20 minutes ago, justin case said:

According to the immigration website this is not required for an extension based on having a Thai child.

37 minutes ago, justin case said:

that my child (in my 24/7 care) will be parentless as mommy has to go F around, live somewhere else and does not give an F.   does not matter for those nice people at immigration

for the nice office in Samut Prakarn, they just say: YOU HAVE A PROBLEM... go back to your country

just read up about a new post of an italian guy, going with his Embassy letter that is supposed to give him extra 30 days and he gets 7...

If you're happily married...(which you aren't, but I'm talking about the rest of us) then Thai immigration can't use that as an excuse. Granted, the situation is evolving so rapidly what might have made sense a week ago may no longer be possible tomorrow. If flights are no longer available, you'll have to stay put. I have heard of these extension letters being issued...at some stage, it may become necessary to go to your embassy and get one. For now, I'd first choose an open land border (Malaysian not being an option right now) and then hope that things will start to get better within the next 90 days. If not, then a 60-day extension and after that an embassy letter. Anyway, difficult to know how things will proceed from here...don't want to speculate, suffice to say 90-150 days should probably see us through this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

According to the immigration website this is not required for an extension based on having a Thai child.

the only positive thing my divorce gave me, was the right to stay in the FAMILY home (I help pay, whatever) to raise my child, hence, the need to provide a signed copy of the owner, aka ex-wife and tabien baan, signed, by owner, aka ex-wife

but my ex knew this in advance before agreeing to this

same as she knew during marriage, she could steal my money and that courts would not pursue this as during mediation at court, my ex and her lawyer claimed, I gave it to her , which I never DID !!!!  Thai law does not pursue  THEFT between husband / wife, even it is a crime.

When my ex-wife did not want to give back the money she stole from me, I said, ok, I will sell your piano for the same amount you stole from me .... next week, she moved out with her 1.2 million baht piano as she knew I could actually sell her piano for the amount she stole from me, without being able to sue me over this...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, justin case said:

the only positive thing my divorce gave me, was the right to stay in the FAMILY home (I help pay, whatever) to raise my child, hence, the need to provide a signed copy of the owner, aka ex-wife and tabien baan, signed, by owner, aka ex-wife

Does IO want your address to handle your application for an extension of stay?

If that is the case you do not need the tabien-baan nor the signed ID-card of the owner, because you can register on the IO TM30 website as POSSESSOR of the property (but you would need a rental-agreement or equivalent).

1 hour ago, justin case said:

but my ex knew this in advance before agreeing to this

same as she knew during marriage, she could steal my money and that courts would not pursue this as during mediation at court, my ex and her lawyer claimed, I gave it to her , which I never DID !!!!  Thai law does not pursue  THEFT between husband / wife, even it is a crime.

When my ex-wife did not want to give back the money she stole from me, I said, ok, I will sell your piano for the same amount you stole from me .... next week, she moved out with her 1.2 million baht piano as she knew I could actually sell her piano for the amount she stole from me, without being able to sue me over this...

why didn't you just sell the piano? you need to take control of as much of the situation as possible, and that doesn't mean telling your ex what you're going to do! actions not words, are much more effective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

I assume you have a lawyer - get them to tell you what to do and not to do going forward - have a plan.

lawyer is part of the problem ....asking 100.000 new fresh baht on top of what I already paid, just for going to court once to petition the court to ask my ex to follow the signed agreement

RIP OFF big time ... they already got 130.000 baht for an agreement that could have made at the amphur for 20 baht + translator costs... (or a friend that speaks english/thai)

and a new lawyer start at 95.000 baht (just for petition letter) to (the sky is the limit) retainer of 500.000 baht before they even wink an eye ...

all this because ex biatch does not follow the agreement

there is no enforcement , nor is there a penalty per day for not following court agreement (in Europe you could enforce a penalty of 100-500-1000 euro per day penalty), but not here in lala land

3 hours ago, samsensam said:

why didn't you just sell the piano? you need to take control of as much of the situation as possible, and that doesn't mean telling your ex what you're going to do! actions not words, are much more effective.

you did read,once I mentioned it as a threat, a few days later, she came with movers, moved the piano out of the house and herself with it

you think many people are in the market for a piano ?

3 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

But - you should go see a Visa Agent for all Immigration issues

ok, where can I find one for Samut Prakarn immigration

willing to pay if they can solve missing documents... and have to appear in person for a "Parent of Thai child" anyway + the child .... what will a visa agent do ?

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, justin case said:

lawyer is part of the problem ....asking 100.000 new fresh baht on top of what I already paid, just for going to court once to petition the court to ask my ex to follow the signed agreement

RIP OFF big time ... they already got 130.000 baht for an agreement that could have made at the amphur for 20 baht + translator costs... (or a friend that speaks english/thai)

and a new lawyer start at 95.000 baht (just for petition letter) to (the sky is the limit) retainer of 500.000 baht before they even wink an eye ...

all this because ex biatch does not follow the agreement

there is no enforcement , nor is there a penalty per day for not following court agreement (in Europe you could enforce a penalty of 100-500-1000 euro per day penalty), but not here in lala land

Justin ...you have been banging on for very long time (many months) re your X.

Long before the covid-19.

Yes think you maybe hard done by via nasty X. Point is what you looking for from tvf? Sympathy you won't get.

Maybe consider agent or other option from members. Don't get me wrong my thinking you have been dealt bad cards and trying to do best by your child. Lesser guys would walk away. 

Best of luck.

• Like 1