Anyone Having Problems Accessing Www.thai-language.com ?

my benny rai

Tried to access www.thai-language.com and I got this weird message. Is anyone else experiencing this message or even heard of it? Apart from using their online dictionary, I don't know what I could have done to restrict my access to it. :o What should I do to be able to surf on www.thai-language.com? Help would be appreciated because I really love that site.

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.

Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.

Does anyone have any admin contact info for www.thai-language.com so I can ask them to allow me access to their site?

Edited by my benny rai

I noticed this moring I was unable to access the site as the dictionary link is my home page. I didn't get the; "You are not authorized to view this page" message. Instead I got a page stating they were testing new code and the site would be up shortly. Which it is now I see.

Farma,

Thank you for the email address. I sent off an email asking for help. (Posted below.) I will let everyone know how it goes.

I am not blaming anybody nor am I mad. It is probably just a computer glich or something like that. My only hope is that I gain access to this wonderful site soon because I miss it. :o

To whom it may concern at thai-language.com,

I was shocked to discover that my IP address has been denied access to your site. (The message is pasted below.) I love your site and use the online dictionary often. I do not know a lot about computers but the error message I got stated I needed to contact the site's administrator. I got your contact email from the chat board at thaivisa.com. Please help me get access to your wonderful site again. However, I do not know what my IP address is but I think you can check it from this email. I bought my internet hours from Loxinfo. Please help me. What should I do to get access to your site again?

Thank you for your help.

BENNY

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.

Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.

Glenn took care of the problem really quickly. To my joy, I could access the site today! He replied:

Your IP address had been automatically added to a blocking list because of issuing too many hits far too quickly, which leaves little bandwidth for others. I’ve taken it off the list. If you were using any programs which could cause rapid-fire activity, please be considerate of others by reducing the rapid-fire usage.
Then I wrote:
Thank you for taking my IP address off the list. I do not use any rapid-fire programs as far as I know. I simply use the online dictionary. Is the number of hits consistant with that or does it appear like far more? I am asking because a friend of mine told me that a computer can get infected and be taken over to be used as a "clone" that surfs the net unbeknownst to the computer owner. I doubt this is the case, but if the hits from my account seemed too much, please let me know.

Thanks again!

BENNY

Do you by accident use internet access via satelite? Satelite modems do "html prefetching", this means that they load several web-pages into the memory of the modem even before the user has clicked the link.

Satelite modems might get automaticly blocked by the server of thai-language web-page.

Kris,

No, just prebought internet hours.

A new email from Glenn solved the mystery:

It’s possible that your IP address had been leased to someone else by your ISP company. The leases change (without interrupting your service) every few days. If this was the case, then it was a coincidence that someone who uses your same ISP was trying to rip thai-language.com

A computer savvy friend confirmed that ISP will have one IP address for more than one user. All this computer talk gives me a headache. What does "rip thai-language.com" mean?

Thanks again to Glenn for his swift help and replies. :o

What does "rip thai-language.com" mean?

It means to download a private copy of the entire site by copying every page. Glenn says there are legal problems with allowing people to download, say, a zipped copy of the site. It would also be difficult to create such a thing, as it is driven from a database designed to serve a web site. Thus the individual pages do not actually exist as files - customised versions are generated on demand.

As for the IP addresses, most Thai ISPs give you a new IP address every time you connect. If you are connected 24/7, your IP address will still be changed once a day, or even more frequently if you have periods of downtime (every new reconnect renders a new IP address).

As a contrast, most Western ISPs seem to fix IP addresses to particular users. In Thailand, you will need to pay extra for this service.