Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Do you know anyone?

Susco

Yes, most definitely. Its somebody I have known personally for nearly 60 years, myself.

Not officially reported as it was early January 2020 and reporting me would have hurt the tourist arrival numbers. However many awkward questions are now being asked at the hospital.

I was told to be quiet or be held liable as a dirty farang.

555 and you trust those in authority to tell the truth?

Sorry I will not say the name of the hospital, as the repercussions are a bit extreme.

• Like 1

Think the question would more be like: How many people do you know who volunteered tested for the virus, just to be sure? 
Sure the answer is almost zero as well, to get to my point: most people are unaware of having the virus. So we could know many in reality.

Then half of the numbers are from China, we mostly from western countries. Split over all countries in the world.
The chance isn't even big that members here know anyone statistically. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:
1 hour ago, Susco said:

So you think that the virus goes away by simply isolating?

In the vast majority of cases, yes.

Ok thanks for confirming that, and I notice that many agree with your opinion, so it must be true.

So why all the hoohaa ? Why billions of people have to get locked down, as it seemingly is nothing more than a cold, which disappears by staying at home and drinking some hot choco every day?

Scare mongering?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

So why all the hoohaa ? Why billions of people have to get locked down, as it seemingly is nothing more than a cold, which disappears by staying at home and drinking some hot choco every day?

Most of infected people with this virus have only mild conditions, thus most are never even tested for it but might have had it or still do have it.
The hoohaa is for all the elderly people etc. who could die in high numbers if we do not care about it at all.
Deaths also add up faster if there is larger numbers of IC care patients at once, isolation and lock down prevents this.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The hoohaa is for all the elderly people etc. who could die in high numbers if we do not care about it at all.

Which mean that keeping the vulnerable in quarantine would suffice,no need to keep the whole population locked up

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dont know anyone dead or infected, though i think it fair to say we all read posts about people in a a 'town' near us dead, or infected.

Having had pneumonia in 2006 - which they took for bird flu initially and evacuatedthe hospital - I really do not recommend it. On t the positive side, I swear my recovery was speeded up by sitting in the Easter sun in UK

Check the worldmeter in Thailand the infection rate is 3 in a million people , even in Italy its 591 in a million ,so the chances of knowing someone at the moment is slim .

last week a monk told the wife that someone in Banglamung hospital had it ,but honestly i think it would have been on social media if they did have it .