Frenchman tells Thai government to lock down country - says foreigners are taking virus more seriously than Thais

webfact

Just now, Thunder26 said:

This is the total opposite of what Khun Anutin said. Who should I believe?

Believe me. In the Thai countryside...maybe 20% of Thais were wearing masks as of 1 week ago. In Bangkok malls, it's roughly at around 50-70%...and perhaps 80% for westerners. Could be that the westerners are acting as a knee jerk reaction to his comments or because sheep-like behavior has started to affect everyone recently.

1 hour ago, tifino said:

they're not gunna like hearing this... 

- maybe the whole country will sue him?

I bet there's A-nut-in here somewhere who could have another rant at foreigners.

Perhaps he could claim the equipment they're apparently using to check body temperature are really there to check ferangs personal cleanliness and body odour. That way he can keep it on the same level as the past two rants.

8 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

So where are they going instead?

Nowhere, trips have been put on hold till things get better. Those that are nurses and doctors are now working hard within there hospitals, just like my daughter. My daughter canceled her 2 week trip to go see her grandparents (1st EX-wife's parents), who now live in Panama......

35 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Seem like you're saying that most people on TV are French.

I was surprised nobody French still wants to kill me but they said he is an English of French nationality so everyone is now free to shoot me

1 hour ago, CraigInBangkok said:

just more useless lazy journalism ... who cares what one random man thinks 

Exactly. I’m surprised this wasn’t from the Washington Post but they usually are making their articles 10x more of the super scare mongering type. 

• Like 1

I think this guy is highly on the herbs. What he and his Thai wife do here spending normally 100000 baht on 10 days. maybe trios or quatros? And for the record I see definitely much more Thai people protecting themselves than farangs. This guy is pure fake and I bet my pant that, as somebody above, suposed he isnt originally French.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I was surprised nobody French still wants to kill me but they said he is an English of French nationality so everyone is now free to shoot me

Actually I am French, but just had a bottle of cheap red wine, with 2003 vintage cheese, and a baguette I carried under my arm for one hour with the crowds coughing and sneezing on it.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Haha 2

His grammar is not that of a man born in France. I work with  many French guys in mining and they use many different sentences. Even his name is very anglo saxon. Not sure what he gains about bragging how much money he would have spent here, trying to upset the locals?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tifino said:

they're not gunna like hearing this... 

- maybe the whole country will sue him?

They're not going to like losing a few tourist dollars, are they?

Nossir.

Surprised the taxi drivers don't demand the government get out and collar some foreigners...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the Thai government needs to show more leadership.

Right you are. Roger that. That'll happen.

Of course he's not a Thai so his opinion is unimportant.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed that only foreigners were really taking the crisis seriously and wearing masks. 

In the left corner wearing the blue shorts ,  the vacillator champion of Thailand ,

Anutin  Charnvirakul . 

And in the right corner wearing red white and blue shorts the upstart pesky falang challenger .

Mr Peter John

We are hoping for a dirty fight with no holds barred .........DING

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

hmmm ... does'nt sound very French to me

It also sounds very much like fake news.  I live on Samui and there are plenty of Tourists around and about wondering around or heading to the beaches.  Up until last Monday, Fisherman's Village Walking street was going strong (I could hear the music from my House).  Central Festival is still open with an abundance of shops and all the Banks, as far as I know are still opening for business.  In fact, I mentioned to my (Thai) Wife only yesterday that Koh Samui seems to be living in it's own little bubble with no cases of the virus and people, by and large getting on with their lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Mr Pierre Jean ( Peter John in french)

If you do really exist, please go back to France where face masks and  gel are even less available than Thailand, where your unbelievely good government did not see anything coming, where local elections are proceeded while the day after your very exeptional President giving lessons to the entire world announced a lock up of the country and where cops in the street are requested not to wear the minimun protection (masks and gloves) while policing the political decisions, where some sick people are transfered by the army from Mulhouse to Toulon hospitals because the local system is overhelmed by the number of very serious health conditions including young "healthy" people. etc.... etc....

If you do really exist, please go back there and please make sure that everything is implemented and respected (including by yourself) regarding your good principles. I'm not saying they are wrong but I'm fed up with this "I know everything" attitude.

By the way I'm french living here in Thailand and I have the same concerns than most of the people with a bit of brain in this very very disturbing period. Good luck to you "mate"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:
4 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

People will be dropping like flies in the streets here before too long. ... in fact I think it's already happening.

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Where?

3 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

SVP Airport for a start - someone collapsed there today.

An isolated and, as yet unconfirmed case of C19. Hardly 'dropping like flies in the streets is it'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

Wow - quite a guy. Still visiting clubs at age 65.....

I understand there is a minimum age limit, but not an upper one..

maybe like this gentleman you will reach it one day and find out life goes on as normal !!

1 hour ago, Denim said:

In the left corner wearing the blue shorts ,  the vacillator champion of Thailand ,

Anutin  Charnvirakul . 

And in the right corner wearing red white and blue shorts the upstart pesky falang challenger .

Mr Peter John

We are hoping for a dirty fight with no holds barred .........DING

And just to keep it completely impartial, your referee - our illustrious leader Prayut Cha-cha-cha.