I'm in a 14 day quarantine after going to Thailand, hahaha

AndyAndyAndy

So I landed in BKK (Suvarnabhumi) like a millions of other visitors. Everybody was able to leave the airport without temperature check or anything. That could be it. ????

But then I took plane from Don Muang airport to north Thailand. And upon landing I had temperature check, I had to do some paperwork (name, contacts, address etc etc). And they told me I can't leave my house for 14 days and that they will keep in contact with me. ???????????? I have 12 days to go... . ???????????? 

Edited by AndyAndyAndy
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sheryl said:

Where did yoy originally leave from?

Europe

In Bangkok nobody cared.

But upon landing in North Thailand they were talking to all farangs (not Thais). Once you told them you were coming to Thailand from some other country = 14 days quarantine.

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

That's not exactly specific - if you came from Italy or Spain, they did the right thing

Czech republic, I wasn't specific because they didn't care and it didn't matter.

They asked me "are you traveling just from Bangkok or from some other country?" And I was like "yeah, I just landed to Bangkok from Eur..." and they were like "here's form and 14 days quarantine".

6 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

And they told me I can't leave my house for 14 days and that they will keep in contact with me.

Good!

Because it sounds like otherwise you would go everywhere and possibly infect others.

Take it easy, it's only a few days.

Imagine if you are infected and transmit it to everybody around you. And then, a few weeks later, after you feel fine again, everybody will remember that you were the guy to spread the virus.

Stay calm, stay at home, maybe read a few books.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Europe

In Bangkok nobody cared.

But upon landing in North Thailand they were talking to all farangs (not Thais). Once you told them you were coming to Thailand from some other country = 14 days quarantine.

Some European countries have exceeded the number in South Korea.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I think those Bangkok officials are not doing their job. I am glad Chiang Mai officials are.

How will immigration know if you decide to travel out of your room one day?

Edited by EricTh

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good!

Because it sounds like otherwise you would go everywhere and possibly infect others.

Take it easy, it's only a few days.

Imagine if you are infected and transmit it to everybody around you. And then, a few weeks later, after you feel fine again, everybody will remember that you were the guy to spread the virus.

Stay calm, stay at home, maybe read a few books.

Or go to Thaivisa and read the posts, it's more interesting than any books.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Europe

In Bangkok nobody cared.

I can confirm this. Yesterday the kamnan and another person came around and took some photos. Today 20th March, 60 minutes ago, three health people turned up. Had to fill in some details on a form and answer some questions. Temperature taken and told to stay at home for 4 days - I had already been here 10 days. 10+4=14 days. They will call the wife at 10am every day and she has to report my temperature.

Edit to add: they were all very nice people and no hassles and didn't seem concerned that I hadn't stayed home in the previous 10 days.

Edit to add again: Surin province and I had flown from a neighbouring country.

In a practical sense be prepared for the visit and 14 days. They didn't say isolation as such but just stay home for a total of 14 days or in my case 10 plus 4.

Edited by emptypockets