All inbound air passengers must have Covid-free certificates

When passengers check in, airlines must check whether they had visited Covid-19 epidemic areas in the previous 14 days.

Airlines must require passengers to present health certificates issued no more than 72 hours before the  flight departs. The certificates must guarantee that the passengers are free of Covid-19, regardles where they board.

Airlines must also require that passengers have insurance covering Covid-19 treatment in Thailand, up to at least US$100,000.

Passengers who fail to present the required documents must not be allowed to board their flight to Thailand.

I have already a ticket booked for next month to fly from   STATES.    few q-

1)-Can i get a refund from the airlines  stating that now thailand is asking  insurance and certificate ?

2)-I have a kaiser insurance does that qualify for a covid insurance ?

Edited by CharlieH
Bangkokpost link removed as per forum rues !

The airline I normally fly on is offering future travel vouchers, which is good, as there would be no refunds under the ticket T7Cs.

Who knows, but I hear from the UK they have said only essential travel, which may invalidate travel insurance unless you have already departed when announced.

No chance to get a Covid free cert, if the MOPH rules have changed the rule for every country? Dad was coming a week on Monday, better phone him and say he perhaps better to plan for not coming until the panic has subsided...

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

If I left Thailand and came back in to change visa I don't see a problem getting the certificate but the health insurance may be another matter.  I don't need insurance now to do a trip outside of Thailand with a re-entry permit and return.  But they are saying here I would.  I think they are trying to force us to get that stupid Thai insurance and with $100,000 covers but if you live here you only need 40,000/400,000.  What is wrong with these people.  Again just like before they didn't think this out.  Also as a tricare for life member we have nothing to show a limit.  We are really unlimited.  I once pay $3,000 for the year,  Tricare will pay everything else after the cap of $3,000 is reach. 

Yes USA on the list

Also soon Thailand could (most likely will) move to close borders along with self isolation for 14 days same as NZ, OZ, Singapore etc etc.

Don't come to Thailand unless for family etc

Edited by DrJack54

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CAAT-COVID-19-Practical-Guideline-18Mar20.pdf

With this 

2. Air operators providing services to passengers traveling to the Kingdom of Thailand are required to perform thefollowing screening of passengers at the time of check-in: -2- (1) Check passengers’ travel history within the last 14 days to see whether they have traveled to any Disease Infected Zone or Ongoing Local Transmission Area. (2) Check passengers’ health certificate certifying that the passengers pose no risk of being infected by the Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19). The health certificate must be issued no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel. (3) Check passengers’ insurance policy that shows minimum medical coverage in Thailand of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), in the amount not less than 100,000 USD

in combination with this

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand

COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice

As countries respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, including travel and border restrictions, the FCO advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. Any country or area may restrict travel without notice.

Unlikely to be anyone coming from the UK....

(But can we still fly back to the UK ???? )

1 hour ago, superatoz said:

this only applies to the few countries on the the web page right ? china , iran , italy korea etc ? 

The article from you know who UPDATED: 19 MAR 2020 AT 16:39

The 11 ongoing local transmission areas are Britain, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan (specific cities), Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States. The Japanese cities are Aichi, Chiba, Hokkaido, Karagawa, Kyoto, Okinawa, Osaka, Tokyo and Wakayama.

Airlines must also require that passengers from these places to have insurance covering Covid-19 treatment in Thailand, up to at least US$100,000.

Passengers who fail to present the required documents must not be allowed to board their flight to Thailand.