Bt50 million worth of illegal imported meat destroyed to prevent infections

webfact

Bt50 million worth of illegal imported meat destroyed to prevent infections

By The Nation

800_20a6b2dd120524e.jpg?v=1584602440

All illegally imported meat stored at Phetchaburi Animal Quarantine Station was destroyed on Thursday to lower the risk of contracting infections.

1584593011_4.jpg

Sorawit Thaneeto, general director of the Department of Livestock Development, together with the governor of Phetchaburi province, oversaw the elimination.

1584592994_1.jpg

The meat, reportedly worth Bt50 million, were all buried in the ground. It was considered one of the measures to prevent infections, such as Covid-19.

1584592974_4.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384416

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-19

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

The meat, reportedly worth Bt50 million, were all buried in the ground. It was considered one of the measures to prevent infections, such as Covid-19.

Does burying it in the ground eliminate the chance of infection? I would have thought it would become a breeding ground for bacteria, even though buried.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Edited by bluesofa

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Does burying it in the ground eliminate the chance of infection? I would have thought it would become a breeding ground for bacteria, even though buried.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Out of sight, out of mind. Regardless of the stink

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Can anyone enlighten me?

I think that whatever they are spraying on the refuse is designed to kill bacteria.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Can anyone enlighten me?

Covid is a VIRUS not a BACTERIA.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Can anyone enlighten me?

The foot and mouth epidemic 20 yrs ago they tried to burn as many carcasses as possible on pyre's but such was the number of animals slaughtered they did end up burying 000's in huge pits raising questions about their seeping decomposition contaminating the water table .. Don't know what the final analysis was though .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

It's buffalo meat from India. Halal standard and produced by a reliable company but if it's import was illegal.......

Then I am confused by the Chinese language on the packaging?

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The meat, reportedly worth Bt50 million

So I'm guessing the meat was being stored as evidence while the supply chain was investigated?

Who supplied it and who was going to buy it?