Kingdom closes border with Vietnam over outbreak

geovalin

Protecting citizens amid coronavirus pandemic

Prime Minister Hun Sen yesterday shut down the border with Vietnam amid COVID-19 fears. “We will be closing down the border [today],” Mr Hun Sen said. “This is not a response to Vietnam’s closure of its border with us.”

“Every official must seriously carry out the closure, especially provinces bordering with Vietnam,” he added. “The duration of the closure depends on Vietnam. They protect their people, so we need to protect ours because coronavirus also broke out in Vietnam.” On Wednesday, Vietnam locked down its borders with the Kingdom and imposed a month-long entry ban to foreign travellers, except for diplomats. The country was adopting measures to protect itself from COVID-19.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50703485/kingdom-closes-border-with-vietnam-over-outbreak/

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

First line of the report: Surely the Vietnamese Prime Minister shut down his country's border with Thailand?

I think I am correct, Thailand does not have a border with Vietnam! Vietnam has closed its borders with China, Laos and Cambodia. international flights to/from Vietnam are also suspended I believe.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Will2011 said:

It would be great if you read as many times as it takes until you understand. This is a Cambodia news. Cambodia is a kingdom and has borders with Vietnam. Wake up guys. It has nothing to do with Thailand

Okay, then why post on TVF??

• Sad 1