Thais told to stay home to lessen burden of medical personnel

snoop1130

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

I’ve been staying home and  been very OCD with my hand washing and personal hygiene.

If you are staying at home, and don't have people from outside passing through, you don't actually need to wash your hands that frequently. Just wash them as normal after using the bathroom or before preparing meals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dogfish180 said:

How are 322 people a burden on the health system?? ???? Or is there something you aren't sharing with us?

Last report from MoPH, released 19th March only in Thai, had 3109 pending for diagnosis results. Last English language report is from 15th. 

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

In other words, the coverup is now about to burst and they don't even bother to update the English situation reports anymore. Even in this situation, face is more important than doing their job.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Nice graphs!  I'd been wanting to do ones like that....but hadn't been able to focus...

It kinda suggests we're like a rocket ship that's getting ready to blast off!

Yes. I'd like to whip this one out again: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8103999/NHS-doctor-trapped-coronavirus-hit-Italy-begs-UK-Government-shut-EVERYTHING.html

From an Italian medic in the midst of it all, first hand observations:

'We have seen the same pattern in different areas a week apart, and there is no reason that in a few weeks it won't be the same everywhere, this is the pattern:

1) A few positive cases, first mild measures, people are told to avoid ED [emergency department] but still hang out in groups, everyone says not to panic. 

2) Some moderate respiratory failures and a few severe ones that need tube, but regular access to ED is significantly reduced so everything looks great. 

3) Tons of patients with moderate respiratory failure, that overtime deteriorate to saturate ICUs [intensive care units] first, then NIVs, then CPAP [continuous positive airway pressure] hoods, then even O2 [oxygen]. 

4) Staff gets sick so it gets difficult to cover for shifts, mortality spikes also from all other causes that can't be treated properly. 

We are on our way into 3. After that it won't take long until it's 4 and it's the same as Italy.

1 hour ago, donnacha said:

If you are staying at home, and don't have people from outside passing through, you don't actually need to wash your hands that frequently. Just wash them as normal after using the bathroom or before preparing meals.

Yes I think you are right,I live by myself now, have no visitors I only wash my hands

if I have to go out for some reason ( like shopping ) I have a bottle of hand sanitizers

in my car I use every time after I touch anything before I get back home.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yes, Thais stay at home and felangs got to their Embassys to get letters and go to hospitals to get letters  and get on buses and flights to get stamps in their passports 

Or stay at home and don’t go. Their choice. 

13 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Exactly.

Another inane statement from an inept prime minister.

Burden ? What is he talking about ?

Then... don't close Bangkok because it's not a solution, but stay home because that's the solution...

Again, even in thai, it's meaningless.

Prayuth starts to loose his bolts. Send him back to... his barracks.

Next thing you know his Nuts will fall off !

• Haha 1

Suggestions such as this that people should stay at home show how out of touch the elite are with the living conditions of working class Thais. Most live in tiny, poorly ventilated, "dog box" style rooms, many of which have no AC or legal cooking facilities. We are coming into the hottest months of the year, and to expect them to stay home in these conditions is naive in the extreme. Even if the threat to issue an order to stay at home is carried out, my response would be: "Good luck with that!"

Edited by bangkokfrog

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, daily face-mask production has increased to 2,280,000 pieces. Tewan said people should stop hoarding the item as it is now an illegal act.

Great. So in a month or two there'll be enough for everyone. Of course by then, most will be way past benefitting from a single use surgical mask but hey - can't have everything - right?

And it isn't as if they haven't been told that single-use surgical masks are useless, still, Thais know best - right?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Or is there something you aren't sharing with us?

Shall we have a small wager on that? That the Thai government has been honest and forthright in the interests of all Thais, and especially the poor ones...?

Dream on.

5 minutes ago, bangkokfrog said:

Most live in tiny, poorly ventilated, "dog box" style rooms, many of which have no AC or legal cooking facilities. We are coming into the hottest months of the year,

I wish Westerners would stop coming here and thinking all the locals think exactly the same as they do. They have been exposed to the heat their whole lives and most actually prefer it to the frigid environment some foreigners prefer. I have been on AC busses where I thought it was too warm but the locals were opening the windows.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I wish Westerners would stop coming here and thinking all the locals think exactly the same as they do. They have been exposed to the heat their whole lives and most actually prefer it to the frigid environment some foreigners prefer. I have been on AC busses where I thought it was too warm but the locals were opening the windows.

You seize only one aspect of my post and argue against it with an unsubstantiated generalization. I have lived here for 19 years and count dozens of working class Thai as friends. For them, the highlight of the day in summer is to sit outside of an evening and talk (and more often than not share a drink) with friends.

15 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

Just letting in the Chinese willy nilly like they did was just a recipe for disaster. If China did not lock down the Tour Groups coming in, they would have still been arriving. Just plain Greed.

Problem is Thailand followed what Western counries were doing. And now Western countries have messed up big times. They should have follwoed what Korea and Singapore was doing. Westrn leaders using  their utter lies, cheating, and obfuscaton has caused this gobal pandemic. And Thailand follwed all along. And now every day 100 new cases. Soon it will be 1000. Except Germany in the Europe, Australia, and New Zealand nobody is able to control it in the West, inclduing the USA. The utter failure of their leadership. 

Edited by Mulambana

6 hours ago, gargamon said:

All of which is completely irrelevant to the comment actually made.