Immigration offices

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Who has said that?

If you went to a doctor and your illness was confirmed you could have somebody else do the extension for you if the doctor wrote a letter saying you should be isolated.

Virtually every doctor in every country in the world, not sure about Thailand though

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

If exposed to someone with fever, we are instructed to self isolate for 14 days, even if we have no symptoms. 

You're context is Thai Immigration so where has that instruction regarding exposure to someone who has a fever been announced in Thailand, and by whom?  Specifically.  One example would do.

Edited by Just Weird

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Who has said that?

If you went to a doctor and your illness was confirmed you could have somebody else do the extension for you if the doctor wrote a letter saying you should be isolated.

The global medical community. 

I predict another couple of weeks / month the ability to see a doctor, or obtain testing, will be near impossible. This is less a question of today, and more a question of what happens when here is like the countries I just came from, where infections are rising 1000s per day. We are all Italy minus X days. 

A plan has to be put in place, proactively not reactively. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Virtually every doctor in every country in the world, not sure about Thailand though

CDC https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/Leaflet-Covid-19_Isolation-and-quarantine.pdf

Quarantine refers to the separation and restriction of movement of people who have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, but who are currently healthy and do not show symptoms. In general, quarantine is mandatory and is mainly at home, duration is minimum 14 days, but in specific situations can be done in a hospital or in dedicated facilities.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/hubei-contacts-and-travellers.aspx

https://www.northwestern.edu/coronavirus-covid-19-updates/self-isolation/
https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/COVIDexposed.pdf

You know.. just pretty much everyone. 

Edited by LivinLOS
  • Thanks 1

I was at Korat Immigration office yesterday (Fri 20) was open and had a few people there conducting various business. My own matter was dealt with very fast with the minimum of questions. I got the feeling they wanted to do whatever people needed and get them out ASAP.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Who has said that?

Understood but it's kind of ironic having to provide a med cert as part of an annual extn process & then having another one saying you're ill ????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 1:04 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes they are.

Except these three migrant centers, as announced on the Immigration Bureau Web Site:

1. Migrant Service Center at Imperial World Ladprao

2. Migrant Service Center at Big C Donmuang (New Bridge)

3. Migrant Service Center at Big C Shopping Center Rat Burana Branch

From March 22-31, 2020, or until the situation is resolved.

How is the situation at CW? With hundreds of people crammed in a relatively small space for several hours, some probably carrying the virus, how can social distancing be complied with? Aren't the risks great of being exposed and then carrying the virus outside after getting our extension?

On 3/21/2020 at 6:52 AM, TSF said:

I was at Korat Immigration office yesterday (Fri 20) was open and had a few people there conducting various business. My own matter was dealt with very fast with the minimum of questions. I got the feeling they wanted to do whatever people needed and get them out ASAP.

Traditionally one of the more sensible offices in my experience 

The 90 day reports should be suspended until the virus has waned to prevent further spread of the virus. The keep your 800K in the bank for 3 months and 400K for 9 months should also be suspended in light of the extra costs involved with protecting ouselves and our families along with possible hospital fees incurred. 

Edited by Sumarianson
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 1:52 PM, TSF said:

It’s an uncomfortable feeling in Immigration at present and so we want to exit out of there ASAP too.

On March 21, 2020 at 12:53 PM, LivinLOS said:

Answers need to be provided, but Thailand is not a country where any decision seems to be capable of being made clearly, once, and held. 

If only Thailand could be more like the US,UK or Europe where everything is crystal clear, concistently enforced and so logically planned.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 1:11 PM, Canuck1966 said:

Your implicit criticism of the competence and integrity of Thai doctors solely on account of their nationality is, to put it frankly, completely without foundation as well as being grossly offensive and insulting IMHO.????

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 1:58 PM, evadgib said:

Understood but it's kind of ironic having to provide a med cert as part of an annual extn process & then having another one saying you're ill ????

I was under the impression that, in the normal run of things, med certs were only required for retirement extension applications by 1 or 2 rogue offices!