Smokers and Covid-19: Regular cigarette and e-cigarette users face 5,000 fine for lighting up in public

rooster59

28 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Do you have proof the risk of contracting Covid-19 is greater if in the vicinity of a smoker ?

You still do not understand what I am posting. It´s not about one time contact with a smoker or getting the virus just because standing in the vicinity of a smoker. It´s the possibility to contract respiratory diseases as a passive smoker through time. In that case maybe you are going to be the one smoker that was too many for a person. The person then get respiratory disease out of passive smoking. If already have a respiratory disease it will be more likely that the virus attack you as a person with a lower immune system. The combination between respiratory disease and this virus is connected with a high risk of death.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I think that what @Matzzon is trying to say, is that he doesn't like smokers :whistling:

No, not at all. I have been smoking, but always showed respect to not do it in places where other people could get affected. The only thing needed to do is show respect, and everyone is free to smoke themself to death. Just don´t drag others with you in your fall.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Now you turned it around. Incredible! We were talking about exhaling and to affect other peoples defence system by smoking around non smokers. We were not discussing that smokers will get infected easier. If that were the case I couldn´t care less. It´s YOU when you smoke around people that have a negative effect on your surrounding which is innocent.

But I am breathing in through a cigarette and therefore protecting myself from becoming infected. So when I breath out the is no infection.

YOU on the other had are taking no such precautions and are therefore  a walking bio-hazard.

Dont you think that is unfair on everyone else? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

You still do not understand what I am posting. It´s not about one time contact with a smoker or getting the virus just because standing in the vicinity of a smoker. It´s the possibility to contract respiratory diseases as a passive smoker through time. In that case maybe you are going to be the one smoker that was too many for a person. The person then get respiratory disease out of passive smoking. If already have a respiratory disease it will be more likely that the virus attack you as a person with a lower immune system. The combination between respiratory disease and this virus is connected with a high risk of death.

Ahhh now you have gone from catching covid to catching a respiratory disease.

So that Evidence you said you have has vapourised I assume.

• Like 2

And how many non smokers develop a respiratory desease due to walking past a smoker on the street or sitting near one on the beach. Please answer with facts not Mazzaton's pseudo scientific homilies.

• Like 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

But I am breathing in through a cigarette and therefore protecting myself from becoming infected. So when I breath out the is no infection.

YOU on the other had are taking no such precautions and are therefore  a walking bio-hazard.

Dont you think that is unfair on everyone else? 

So, now you told everyone you are a chain smoker. Still don´t believe you are smoking 24/7/365. Sorry, but that one was to obvious. You have to do better.

What I think is unfair, is that you can´t do better posts that ain´t like an open shooting galley.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, now you told everyone you are a chain smoker. Still don´t believe you are smoking 24/7/365. Sorry, but that one was to obvious. You have to do better.

What I think is unfair, is that you can´t do better posts that ain´t like an open shooting galley.

No I would only be chain smoking if I was anywhere near you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

And how many non smokers develop a respiratory desease due to walking past a smoker on the street or sitting near one on the beach. Please answer with facts not Mazzaton's pseudo scientific homilies.

Already answer the same in another post. Please read before you post.

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ahhh now you have gone from catching covid to catching a respiratory disease.

So that Evidence you said you have has vapourised I assume.

No we have not. with a respiratory disease you will have easier to catch the virus because of a weaker immune system. Still talking about the same thing.

10 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not the smart people and their money's on Monomial!

Keep betting!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

No I would only be chain smoking if I was anywhere near you.

How does breathing through a cigarette for 5 minutes give you full protection then?

Your logic is like this story: A man and his wife goes to the market. The wife wears a face mask but her husband don´t. When they comes home the wife takes of the face mask, because she do not need to protect herself when she is only at home with her husband.

Edited by Matzzon

7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, not at all. I have been smoking, but always showed respect to not do it in places where other people could get affected. The only thing needed to do is show respect, and everyone is free to smoke themself to death. Just don´t drag others with you in your fall.

Ok then, i wish you all the best too ????

The question was how does walking past a smoker in the street increase your risk, as a non smoker, of developing a respiratory disease? Same question re sitting near someone on the beach. You have not answered these questions. Quote your post and prove me wrong. The smart money's on me being right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

The question was how does walking past a smoker in the street increase your risk, as a non smoker, of developing a respiratory disease? Same question re sitting near someone on the beach. You have not answered these questions. Quote your post and prove me wrong. The smart money's on me being right.

Never posted anything about only walking past or standing beside a smoker one time. That´s your assumption. Below you can read the post.

Klick here: Post!

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:
2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Never posted anything about only walking past or standing beside a smoker one time. That´s your assumption. Below you can read the post.

Klick here: Post!

My question, your reply.

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sambotte said:

If real, they just lost my 500.000 bahts elite visa. I'm not kidding.

Unless it's scientifically proved (witch i doubt), that's just a non-sense, have nothing else to do or incompetent, and choose a scapegoat (minority).

What next ? Alcool no it's a majority. Cheese ? Fart being vectors... Coffee ? Farang drug this is.

No seriously, it's not so much the thing here, than the feeling scapegoat and less freedom !

Even USA, or China don't go so far i think.

Crazy.

500.000 bahts. Other country with minimum of freedom (both way, i totally respect non-smokers).

I just hope enough people will point out the scientific non-sense here.

North Korea is looking like a good option now.

• Haha 1

Another government idiot who has just opened his mouth to prove he is one and hasn't a clue.why is he talking about a bacteria when this is a virus.i do seriously wonder how this country has got as far as it has with ignorant uneducated unqualified people like him running the country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happy chappie said:

Another government idiot who has just opened his mouth to prove he is one and hasn't a clue.why is he talking about a bacteria when this is a virus.i do seriously wonder how this country has got as far as it has with ignorant uneducated unqualified people like him running the country.

He is fully qualified. His qualification is that he has a rich Mummy and Daddy to buy him a degree and then a good job.

The only qualification you need in Thailand.

• Like 1

Next up: 5000 baht fine for exhaling in public. "We do not want to infringe on rights to inhale, so that will be allowed by our crack team of experts. We urge every person to carry a supply of balloons to exhale into and carry home for disposal."

1 hour ago, Rinrada said:

Its updated from 2018....No more smoking in public in Thailand..thats about it...

The Thaiger

Published 

1 year ago on November 6, 2018

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/no-more-smoking-in-public-in-thailand

FIO....Section 42 of the Tobacco Product Control Act B.E. 2560

Proscribed by the Minister upon recommendation of the Committee. Chapter 5 Protection of Non-Smoker’s Health r Section 41.

The Minister upon recommendation of the Committee shall have the power to prescribe the types and names of public areas, workplaces and vehicles, any part thereof or the whole, as non-smoking areas.

The Minister upon recommendation of the Committee may prescribe smoking areas within the non-smoking areas under paragraph one.

Section 42 No one shall smoke in the non-smoking area, except in the smoking area designated under Section 41, paragraph two

Thanks for the info.

So if i do understand... there are still smoking area.

Of course non-smoking area too.

What about the no-sign area ? Like in the street ? Diesel can smoke, farmers can burn entire fields, food-street can make smoke, people can burn their trash, so do i guess i still can smoke in those environnements ? Not that i spend too much time there, but still, i like to know.

The obvious thing to do is respect both way. What <deleted> me off is the "chasse aux sorcières" initiated by USA years ago but has spread all over the world, that goes extreme, stupid, without respect for freedom. It's both way, otherwise it's just totalitarism.

Not to mention the lack of scientific evidence here.

And, again and again i will say, the comparison to the huge other pollutions, air pollution alone killing more than smoking. And there is scientific datas for this. I do not see many anti-smoker talk about that, it's like... in French we have a expression "the tree that hide the forest". Many focus on the tree (the smoker), but are in denial of the forest burning ! (huge fires, other fires, global warming, chemicals, etc.).

Targeting scapegoats has never been wise, but somehow intelligent from elites in power, it's a very primitive technique but that works... with primitive people ! I am not talking about Thaïland here... They copy what many other countries do for many more things (yet).

I don't care (i mean...), my point being i need a minimum of freedom ! And a world not on fire !