Smokers and Covid-19: Regular cigarette and e-cigarette users face 5,000 fine for lighting up in public

rooster59

39 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

There is scientific proof that secondhand smoke does cause health problems with non-smokers now add the virus to the smoke that is exhaled and that increases the health risk to the non-smoker. One <*****> on here has stated that the virus must first go through the 900 degrees of heat at the tip of his cigarette and then pass through the filter and it will die. Yes, that is right when you inhale but what about when you exhale your smoke with the virus out onto other people. The secondhand smoke combined with the virus increases the risks. This is going to be Thai law so get used to it for whatever reason that they introduce it

There is no scientific evidence that secondary inhalation harms anyone.

There is however a report from the FDA in the US which stated "may" "could" "possibly" and "might".

Over the years all those words were dropped until it became an indisputable fact that secondary inhalation is tantamount to breathing napalm.   

Edited by Rookiescot
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

Don't believe a word of that.  Just another excuse to have a go at smokers.  I am a responsible smoker, I don't throw my tabs down, I don't smoke in confined spaces - I don't even smkoe in the house and I live alone.

Tired of hearing this rubbish! "Doctor, I have a pain in my big toe" - "How many cigarettes do you smoke each day?"

Those anti smokers amongst you - take note: The very same people who are responsible for instigating much of the anti-smoking laws and hysteria in the UK, having achieved most of their aims, are now turning their attention to drinking - its just a matter of time. Thailand will no doubt follow suit.

Just to be clear..................... are you saying that discouraging smoking is a bad thing ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

There is no scientific evidence that secondary inhalation harms anyone.

There is however a report from the FDA in the US which stated "may" "could" "possibly" and "might".

Over the years all those words were dropped until it became an indisputable fact that secondary inhalation is tantamount to breathing napalm.   

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/health_effects/index.htm

https://www.cardiosmart.org/News-and-Events/2016/10/Experts-Warn-About-the-Lifetime-Effects-of-Secondhand-Smoke-in-Children

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/tobacco-and-cancer/secondhand-smoke.html

https://academic.oup.com/ntr/article/18/11/2045/2399366

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK44330/

https://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797(09)00154-8/pdf

Is that enough research for you or do you want more because there is more there if you do not believe this lot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Any evidence yet?

Yes! There is indisputable evidence of you repeating yourself and starting to resemble a parrot.

As other have been trying to give you links with evidence already, I find it a lost cause due to that you chose to deny them.

23 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

You cannot accept anything, I feel sorry for you.

I also feel extremely sorry for him, but it´s exactly like with the Coronavirus. There is no cure for him. They deemed him as one unique person, and they have decided to not waste any valuable resources on someone they strongly believe also will resist treatment.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 9:12 PM, DrTuner said:

What?!?! Smoke carrying SARS-CoV-2, well that's a new one. Sure it can aerosolize but this is the very first time I've seen anybody suggest it'd adhere to the smoke particles. 

If they continue on this brainfart reasoning, they'll notice the air is full of PM2.5 and PM10 particles. Oooops.

Unlike measles, aerosolisation of the coronavisus is thought to be limited. I don't see how smoking makes the virus stay in the air column longer. droplet infection seems to be the main pathway for transmission, and also the fact that the virus can last several hours or more on surfaces (hence the need to wash hands when in public places). 

5 hours ago, Myran said:

Good. They should outlaw this disgusting habit in public and anywhere the smoke can reach anyone else, including apartment balconies.

You remind me of an ex girlfriend who used to whine like mad about how bad the smoke from my cigarettes smelled. She would then proceed to her Thai kitchen and smoke the whole neighbourhood out with her cooking - you ever been close to Basil when its cooking? takes your tonsils out.

Same goes for those food carts on the streets in Thailand - I don't see anyone moaning about them.  To all , anti-smokers like you - I suggest you go talk to a surgeon, especially the one in charge of an A&E unit.  Ask them which product gives them more customers overall, cigarettes or alcohol. The answer will ber alcohol and by a significant margin.

You get it in your head that smoking is so bad - disgusting as you say and you just run with that all your damned life - no respect for the people that choose to smoke.  I respect the rights of others and only smoke in open areas - believe it or not, smokers like to breathe clean air too. You however, have no respect for other people's rights at all.

Give it a rest, its boring.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, swissie said:

Stay away from Joggers. They can exhale a lot more nasty stuff from their infected lungs than a smoking passive Bar-Stool dweller ever could.

Hopefully if infected they would either be hospitalised or in home quarantine 

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

Whenever I walk pass by somebody smoking, I can feel my throat starting to cough and phlegm swells within seconds.

This happens whenever you walk past somebody smoking? I think you should be tested for the Snowflake virus ????

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 8:25 PM, Sambotte said:

It's a joke, right ? ????

No it's not a joke, on February 3 2019 the Government introduced a law banning smoking in public places these included pubs, clubs, cinemas, shopping centres, restaurants and an area of 5 metres around the entrance to said buildings. What the problem is the greedy bar owners don't want to loose customers so they allow it, the second part of the problem is the usual Police, council officers and the health department are too <deleted> lazy  to get off their FAT <deleted> and enforce the law, typical of Thailand. This could be such a wonderful place if the Government would get it's <deleted> together 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

You remind me of an ex girlfriend who used to whine like mad about how bad the smoke from my cigarettes smelled. She would then proceed to her Thai kitchen and smoke the whole neighbourhood out with her cooking - you ever been close to Basil when its cooking? takes your tonsils out.

Same goes for those food carts on the streets in Thailand - I don't see anyone moaning about them.  To all , anti-smokers like you - I suggest you go talk to a surgeon, especially the one in charge of an A&E unit.  Ask them which product gives them more customers overall, cigarettes or alcohol. The answer will ber alcohol and by a significant margin.

You get it in your head that smoking is so bad - disgusting as you say and you just run with that all your damned life - no respect for the people that choose to smoke.  I respect the rights of others and only smoke in open areas - believe it or not, smokers like to breathe clean air too. You however, have no respect for other people's rights at all.

What a nice little story that I'm not gonna bother to read. Smoking is still a disgusting habit.

50 minutes ago, Myran said:
10 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

What a nice little story that I'm not gonna bother to read. Smoking is still a disgusting habit.

Agreed...  And you ask any doctor in the A&E unit if Lung Cancer is an Accident or and Emergency and they’ll say no, but pished up tool falling over or fighting generally leads to accidents and emergencies where as cancer creeps and respiratory tract diseases creep up on people, they don’t usually attend a hospital via an A&E unit. 

Regardless of the above and whether or not smoking is a filthy habit or not - the may crux of this story (apart from Matzzons colossal misunderstanding and repetitive off topic arguments) is that someone in a position of power has made a decision to ban something based on an completely unfounded idea which can’t be backed up by science. 

I agree, ban smoking in public, but do so for a viable reason. Don’t make up some ridiculous excuse. 

This tells us that they [those in positions of decision making power] can make up ridiculous laws and ban anything, you know, like ban you from buying a beer between 2pm and 5pm !!!! 

Someone stated it nicely in a previous thread, put 100 smokers in a room for an hour with a non-smoker and everyone comes out alive. Put 100 non-smokers in a room for an hour with a running vehicle, and no one comes out alive. But, choose what you wish to worry about.

I'm an outdoor smoker. I don't throw butts on the ground and only smoke in outdoor bars with visible ashtrays. Now if a non-smoker sits beside me am I supposed to stop?

I'd like to believe bars offering  smoking prefer those tolerant types of personalities. Open your own non-smoking bar/restaurant.

Be careful what rights you wish to be outlawed, they'll come for your rights next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:23 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

What’s the fine for farting in public?

Asking for a friend.

Should be a lesser fine since a fart is definitely less stinky and less dangerous than cigarettes in Thailand. (Anyone would want to make a point that his or her farts are more stinky?)

8 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Should be a lesser fine since a fart is definitely less stinky and less dangerous than cigarettes in Thailand. (Anyone would want to make a point that his or her farts are more stinky?)

I don't know but my wife said the one I cut while ago was rotten ????

2 hours ago, frantick said:

Someone stated it nicely in a previous thread, put 100 smokers in a room for an hour with a non-smoker and everyone comes out alive. Put 100 non-smokers in a room for an hour with a running vehicle, and no one comes out alive. But, choose what you wish to worry about.

I'm an outdoor smoker. I don't throw butts on the ground and only smoke in outdoor bars with visible ashtrays. Now if a non-smoker sits beside me am I supposed to stop?

I'd like to believe bars offering  smoking prefer those tolerant types of personalities. Open your own non-smoking bar/restaurant.

Be careful what rights you wish to be outlawed, they'll come for your rights next.

If someone would like to develop a habit that would irritate others, reduce the longevity of others, let alone reducing their own life be some 10 years or so, I would hope that yes, someone would come and outlaw such a habit or rights...