Potential ugly violence due to Covid-19 impact in the coming months?

bbi1

Do you think there will be potential ugly violence due to Covid-19 impact in the coming months?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, worgeordie said:

I voted no Ugly Violence, BUT with people out of work and the need for money,

i expect there will be a rise in burglaries,bag grabbing,muggings and opportunist

crimes .

regards worgeordie

There may also be some political violence in BKK if the illness surges out of control, students vs Police and army.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, baansgr said:

How long befor its Thai rak Thai and falang back of queue, may sound sacremonering but there isn't any other country in the world as xenophobic as here....just a thought.

Right now I'm feeding four extra mouths. Wife's sister has had hours cut from her hotel. Her niece is off work from the restaurant. Wife's sister's two kids are home for the school holiday, and mom can't feed them. Been getting a lot of smiles with them at the market, filling our bags. ????

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I hope temples will start giving food out, time for pay back. Very wealthy people should give back.

Thais will get more desperate for money, everything steps up.

Soi dogs will now consider us food so walking and cycling will be more risky than ever.

Businesses will close, stop paying rent and fire staff

But the monks are basically sophisticated beggars they can't give food out cos they don't grow any and get it all from donations. But they can dispense the wisdom that all conditioned things are impermanent. A lot of folk are going to get that message really hard in the coming weeks and months sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Right now I'm feeding four extra mouths. Wife's sister has had hours cut from her hotel. Her niece is off work from the restaurant. Wife's sister's two kids are home for the school holiday, and mom can't feed them. Been getting a lot of smiles with them at the market, filling our bags. ????

Four extra mouths here remotely and some hard advice - that they should push the jai dee landlord for a rent holiday first as part of the plan to get through this. My wife is a caring  but hard person who has been hectoring nieces and sisters for years about thrift and saving money for hard times. Well they are here now and those that didn't heed are wailing the most but we are providing emergency funds. We know of other illegals working in the Uk who aren't working now in the underground and so not only have their own problems but are no longer sending money home. Things are going to get bad really quick for millions and desperate people can do desperate things. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Very convenient for this virus to show up just after Thanathorn's party was disbanded, and just as protests were beginning.

Imagine the French and Hong Kong are not displeased either!

18 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

But the monks are basically sophisticated beggars they can't give food out cos they don't grow any and get it all from donations.

Our local temple would struggle to hand out food, theres only one monk, don't know if he has bad gas or what, but his boarders all upped and offed! ???? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I voted no Ugly Violence, BUT with people out of work and the need for money,

i expect there will be a rise in burglaries,bag grabbing,muggings and opportunist

crimes .

regards worgeordie

I agree. The people will probably rise up against the army and government. That already started happening about a week or two ago anyway. Very convenient timing to shut down everything now, though this is being done in tandem with the rest of the world.

I also see an increase in opportunistic crimes and burglaries but not necessarily crimes against foreigners (except said opportunistic crimes).

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1