Potential ugly violence due to Covid-19 impact in the coming months?

bbi1

Do you think there will be potential ugly violence due to Covid-19 impact in the coming months?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, rvaviator said:

I thought for a moment you said that Soi dogs will now be considered as food ...

I saw an article on Bloomberg this morning that two dogs in Hong Kong have tested positive for CV - one of which died.  Could be good to rid T/L of the soi dog problem one and for all, unless of course humans can get re-infected from them...  I'll try to find the link again.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-19/second-dog-in-hong-kong-tests-positive-for-covid-19-virus

Edited by steve73
Link added (if acceptable to TVF)

The real answer is yes we all become targets Thai and foreigners alike. How street wise you are and how vulnerable looking will tell your outcome in the wrong situation. If it is me and I need money and have none and need to support my family or addition or whatever, what would you think I would do! Not that I am poor, addicted to anything or have no money. I am sitting very well off with no worries including visa.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:43 PM, NanLaew said:

Look here, we're not ALL Millwall supporters you know.

where do I sign up. Aint no guns in the UK so its a free for all for us Yobs.

For the past 10 years We usually come to our Thai home every spring for a few months and this year since I retired we were planning to come and stay there for   a year or two  and see how it went, for a decision to move there long term. Do to the virus we suspended that plan with a wait a attitude, and I am glad we did. But even here in the US I am getting a gun, 'cause I don't know where this thing is going " Make Peace not War, but be prepared for both"

In Thailand we own two homes, one we build at a property about 15 min from my wife's village , and one in my wife's village that we inherited from her parents. Both in Khon Kaen.

In the House we build we have the Red Box, where the police comes and checks up the house several times a week. When I am there we make sure to chat with them and offer them a cold beverage and have developed a good relationship with them which IMO it helps. But we feel more safe in the village where my wife grew up, which is the point of this long explanation.

In the village where my wife grew up everyone knows each other, people are in and out of each other's house all the time , they protect each other. Even though the house we build is much nicer with more property and room for gardens, if I was there and things got bad, I would be at my wife's village house, I think We would be much safer there, 

If you were in a similar situation I suggest the same,  

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, piewarmer said:

It's time to re-skill yourself in the art of mugging avoidance

Very true!

Every where on this planet this would come in handy, for sure!

Some countries the there were queues at the gun shops, for example.

LOL LOL LOL

On 3/24/2020 at 2:36 PM, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

We don't know how lucky we were with the regular cancer causing air pollution.

CNBC is reporting Covid19 could go airborne
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/who-considers-airborne-precautions-for-medical-staff-after-study-shows-coronavirus-can-survive-in-air.html

That's just scaremongering.

That is not what the article states!!

Rather that the virus can remain airborne after certain hospital procedures and that needs to be studied.

Shhheeersh

Edited by Number 6

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Rather that the virus can remain airborne after certain hospital procedures and that needs to be studied.

The article states : ' The coronavirus can go airborne' . That's a direct quote from the 4th paragraph from the top.

I simply regurgitated it and shared the link.

Actually, almost all viruses are airborn with many of the infections come from droplets floating in the air.

Feels like I'm exchanging thoughts with Ned Flanders here, gimme a break.

ned.jpg

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread