Globus sensation

RickG16

I realise that this isn't a serious condition, and I certainly won't be seeking medical attention for it considering what is happening right now....

But just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I've had it for the last few weeks, and I'm pretty sure it is due to eating more spicy food than normal (due to my location), and it causing stomach acid.

Does it usually come and go? Has anyone experienced it?

3 minutes ago, justin case said:

thyroid levels ok ?

maybe night time silent reflux ...

too much milk ?

Not much milk but a lot of red meat, spicey food and coffee recently to be honest.... When I've reflux previously I've felt it in my stomach, not throat though.

Not sure what thyroid levels are ????

I'm a 35 year-old male in pretty good shape and eat fairly healthy most of the time. 

Edited by RickG16

18 minutes ago, justin case said:

thyroid levels ok ?

maybe night time silent reflux ...

too much milk ?

another thing is the sleeping poition (orientation)

I soon found the Dr was correct; to Stop lying on my habitual Right side. Been to the Left side for 25 years now. (assists against direct Reflux due to the shape of stomach, and also better for the Heart)

Also to try to refrain from too many of those AntiAcids. 

It was all to simple to think that antiacids would reduce the acid in stomach.

However, over reliance on them, weakened the stomachs natural valve (reflex) efforts to stop the inital reflux occurring. The stomach works better against Reflux, by having a suitably high acid%, to react(reflex) against.

Took a bit to be convinced at the time, but again the Dr was right 

Tried increasing your Intake of Lemons? - which the stomach magically transforms its acidity levels for the better (this strangely happens 'only' with actual lemons)

Edited by tifino

11 minutes ago, tifino said:

another thing is the sleeping poition (orientation)

I soon found the Dr was correct; to Stop lying on my habitual Right side. Been to the Left side for 25 years now. (assists against direct Reflux due to the shape of stomach, and also better for the Heart)

Also to try to refrain from too many of those AntiAcids. 

It was all to simple to think that antiacids would reduce the acid in stomach.

However, over reliance on them, weakened the stomachs natural valve (reflex) efforts to stop the inital reflux occurring. The stomach works better against Reflux, by having a suitably high acid%, to react(reflex) against.

Took a bit to be convinced at the time, but again the Dr was right 

Tried increasing your Intake of Lemons? - which the stomach magically transforms its acidity levels for the better (this strangely happens 'only' with actual lemons)

Thanks... actually not touched any antacids for a while, this is the first reflux symptom (assuming it is due to reflux) I've experienced for about 3 years.

Interesting what you say about sleeping on the right side. I do this habitually too... actually sometimes my right eye looks more tired (dark circle etc) when I wake up, because all my weight has been on it.

But how did you break the habit and start sleeping on your left or back?

Cheers

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

But how did you break the habit and start sleeping on your left or back?

by a fortunate? coincidence that year I also suffered a pretty bad cycling end over end over end accident - that severely impacted the whole right shoulder precinct. 

Once that happened, the change over to left side was a double dipping solution, to the by then multiple conditions scenario 

a win on both counts one might say!

- although the Rshoulder problem itself is by now 25 years and still bad...

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

by a fortunate? coincidence that year I also suffered a pretty bad cycling end over end over end accident - that severely impacted the whole right shoulder precinct. 

Once that happened, the change over to left side was a double dipping solution, to the by then multiple conditions scenario 

a win on both counts one might say!

- although the Rshoulder problem itself is by now 25 years and still bad...

Ah it worked out well then... kind of.

I always try and sleep on my back but end up turning right. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Ah it worked out well then... kind of.

I always try and sleep on my back but end up turning right. 

Thanks for that Rick.

OP; if you are talking 'heartburn' (not sure if you are), turning right to sleep on your left side is preferable to sleeping on your right side. There are a couple of reasons for the problem, but the most important one is the bend valve at the start of the gut. If you are getting heartburn whilst you are laying down sit up straight and burp out the trapped air.

Stay away from fried food after about 4 in the afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Hoping when I get back to my usual diet (and where I usually live) it will go away. 

Google      drink baking soda / water    for stomach and gerd problems   

i usually get a good burp within a minute or two.    Also other benefits... read up

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1