Why is Pattaya not the center of the outbreak?

ivor bigun

If I got it right it is because your wife is like so many other Thais who believe Thailand is God greatest creation it is the center of the earth, it invented everything that the world has she like many sadly fall into this catagory

" The more patriotic the more Stupid " the reason why L.O.S. is really the Land of Stupidity! of course in general.????️‍♀️

• Like 1

It's really a good question: the answer might be that the chinese stick in their chinese groups and have mostly clean and healthy and care taking farangs, beside some idiors (farangs)

So kun health minister: now praise the farangs and be happy you have them in your country!

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

I have no idea, but it's a question worth asking.

Bussing around Chinese tourists in Pattaya/Jomtien doesn't mean they interact with everybody. They don't visit bars and restaurants like westerners. They stay together a large portion of the time. 

5 hours ago, allanos said:

The Covid-19 virus is expected to die out over time.  Herpes is forever!

Absolutely brilliant! I think most people would rather take their changes with herpes than the potentially lethal Covid19.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

2 possible reasons, first that they didn't mix with Thais and kept to themselves most of the time and two they had already received the flu jab which included Covid-19

There is no vaccine against Covid 19. A general flu jab is useless against it

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

2 possible reasons, first that they didn't mix with Thais and kept to themselves most of the time and two they had already received the flu jab which included Covid-19

Covid 19 is NOT a flu virus. There is NO vaccine for it. The vaccines for the known strains of flu viruses don’t work on it at all! 

Mass transit, population density, and large gatherings of people are the huge issues with coronavirus, any or all of those will generally create the first epicenter. Pattaya could have been the initial epicenter, but bangkok was much more likely because of the number of large gatherings and bts.

Then seeders from that will spread it to nearby locations over time. Pattaya is largely outdoor with no BTS and not as many large stadium events (boxing stadium match in bkk, superchurch in korea, etc..).

So naturally Bangkok (new york city, london, etc) is most likely to get hit first, then the surrounding cities and towns will seeded infections over time.

Edited by unsubscribe

10 hours ago, tlock said:

There was another thread about people in Pattaya that thought they may have had the virus in November/Dec/January this year, but everyone poo-pooed it and thought it was BS.  I for one had a pretty bad respiratory infection in early January that I attributed to the pollution.  Knocked me out for about a week.  Symptoms pretty similar to covid- dry cough, difficulty breathing when exercising.  

I would like to get an antibody test to see if I have previously been infected, but I don't trust anyone in Thailand to differentiate between an active infection and a previous infection during the current hysteria.

I had six-week dry cough over late Dec.-early Feb. That was in Utah. Siht happens.

6 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

There is no vaccine against Covid 19. A general flu jab is useless against it

6 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Covid 19 is NOT a flu virus. There is NO vaccine for it. The vaccines for the known strains of flu viruses don’t work on it at all! 

You missed my subtle point that China already has a CV19 vaccine, this is all a plan. My one and only conspiracy theory ever