is Thailand aiming for 'Herd Immunity'?

Samui Bodoh

Singapore and Taiwan have done the best. Nothing was closed down in Taiwan. They were prepared. They mainly have new cases because of people returning from other countries. Americans who were trapped there feel lucky.

Korea the next best job. All on the upswing.

Our Dear Leader in America is still more worried about the economy than the people. He sees a bad economy as bad for his election. It's all about what's good for Our Dear Leader. As a landlord I can't evict someone for non-payment of rent. Yet I have to pay the mortgage and property taxes and upkeep. I should move to Taiwan. I may die financially but I will be alive physically.

24 minutes ago, saengd said:

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

I don't have to tell myself anything. The Coronavirus fatality rate numbers comes from for example WHO. Start thinking before you post. 

13 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Singapore and Taiwan have done the best. Nothing was closed down in Taiwan. They were prepared. They mainly have new cases because of people returning from other countries. Americans who were trapped there feel lucky.

Korea the next best job. All on the upswing.

Our Dear Leader in America is still more worried about the economy than the people. He sees a bad economy as bad for his election. It's all about what's good for Our Dear Leader. As a landlord I can't evict someone for non-payment of rent. Yet I have to pay the mortgage and property taxes and upkeep. I should move to Taiwan. I may die financially but I will be alive physically.

First of all, Taiwan is an island. That makes it's easy to control an outbreak. Second, how large is the population? About 23 million, compared to about 69 million in Thailand. On top of that, people are moving around in Thailand. A lot. Where can they move to in Taiwan? 

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

First of all, Taiwan is an island. That makes it's easy to control an outbreak. Second, how large is the population? About 23 million, compared to about 69 million in Thailand. On top of that, people are moving around in Thailand. A lot. Where can they move to in Taiwan? 

They were getting 5,000 Chinese tourists per day. My Taiwanese friend was here recently and went back home. Before that she was in Korea. A lot travel a lot. They are only 90 miles from China so there is a lot of interaction.

When they had the previous epidemic they built a medical infrastructure that they kept for the future. This infrastructure and the accompanying training did it. Yes, being an island helps but so does being prepared.

Is Bangladesh an island?

54 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I don't have to tell myself anything. The Coronavirus fatality rate numbers comes from for example WHO. Start thinking before you post. 

372,757/16,231 = 4.35%, not 1%, per the WHO, think about that pal!

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200324-sitrep-64-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=703b2c40_2