Is this too logical?

Lacessit

It should be obvious to all and sundry people doing 90 day reports, visa extensions, residence certificates blah blah blah at Immigration offices all over Thailand are an ideal breeding and transmission facility for themselves and the IO's they are dealing with. It's like a big petri dish, with a multi-racial mix of nutrients.

Why can't the Thai authorities declare a 3 month moratorium on all internal offices? It's not as if foreigners are going to be climbing into tour buses, everyone with any sense is staying put.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

i think it will only happen when an IO gets Corona, they don't want to miss out on bungs

Agreed, only death will stop corrupt immigration offices collecting bribes.

The sensible thing for the Thai government to do would be to extend all current permissions to stay and suspend all 'reporting' requirements until further notice, and just completely bypass immigration and the crooks that run it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think it will only happen when an IO gets Corona, they don't want to miss out on bungs

Given how infectious COVID-19 is, I don't think we will be kept waiting for long.